• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzawa

You are still a giant space lesbian Gaz, no one can take that from you.

Welcome! (or future welcome back to our great land)

Will you be heading back to Perth or end up on our fair eastern coast? Make sure you bring some whiskey with you on the way over and you will quickly make friends over here. Also;
Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
Thoughts on politicians taking long taxi rides?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet? Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online!
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties?
Any glass eyeballs?

The answer to all these questions is fuckin oath.
I'll be moving back to Perth in hopefully August/September.
Gazzawa69 on Xbox Live and Gamecentre so feel free to add.

Shaneus

Oh man, Binary Domain. It's like a combination of the perfect imperfections of Alpha Protocol and Vanquish (though there really aren't any in the latter, I guess... apart from length, which warrants it's mention here). Only majority of the way through chapter 2 (I think...) and have no idea how much longer it goes for, but I'm lovin' it all the same. Great fun. Kind of enjoying the repartee between the characters too, even if I did have to disable the voice recognition to avoid misinterpreted commands (positive words being misinterpreted as negative, bringing your status down with your squadmates).

In fact, it's probably worthy of a rating around that of Alpha Protocol. It's good bits are really good, it's blemishes are somewhat insignificant but noteable... yet not enough to stop the game from being fun.

The answer to all these questions is fuckin oath.
I'll be moving back to Perth in hopefully August/September.
Gazzawa69 on Xbox Live and Gamecentre so feel free to add.
Well you like bacon so you pass the test regardless. Only real important one is Steam? and to jump into the AusGAF group.

Bored, browsing through my twitter feed thing, and a wild reptile appears on kamiya's tweet lol.
Nothing more fun than some playful ribbing with Kamiya, especially since he gets so many idiotic tweets every day that he goes to the effort of replying too, which really is impressive. I like to make him smile when possible, in between him throwing tables at me.

Gazzawa

Well you like bacon so you pass the test regardless. Only real important one is Steam? and to jump into the AusGAF group.

Lol yeah I dont pc game anymore but I think I have a steam account stashed away somewhere so i'll sign on when I can.

Bacon is a delicious breakfast cereal.

So even after updating my drivers and downloading a bunch of random patches I still can't get Max Payne 2 to even open properly. Yay. Worked fine for me about 12 months ago. Le sigh. Maybe the Steam version will work once it has finished downloading by the end of next month >_<

EDIT: Took a long shot and guessed that the pirated NO-CD crack would work since Rockstar themselves even used it for the original Steam release. Worked! Thank you pirates, what would I do without you.

Yagharek

Melbourne Storm are cheats by buying too many top players when they rorted the cap. But that doesn't change the fact the players were damn good.

Today I finished another temple in OOT. Just the shadow one a few minutes ago. Strange boss, easy dungeon.

I think it was a good idea playing skyward sword before ocarina. Both are great games, but SS really got me enthused about the series where before I found it hard to get right into. Now I'm likely to give a few more a go.

Conventional wisdom says I should play MM next, but I might dig out the micro and go with lttp.

Gazzawa

Out of curiosity is this woman/show/organisation dead yet?

TodayTonight.jpg

midonnay

lol, she was still there when I left perth last year.....

today tonight will never die.....

nothing as cheap as manufactured outrage.

Yagharek

Out of curiosity is this woman/show/organisation dead yet?

TodayTonight.jpg

I can confirm its still going with that host.
its an abortion of a show.

Shan: WA has its own special version of that special show with its own special host. I suspect there is a heavy rate of solvent abuse on the production crew if they think its worth watching.

Oh of course. derp ><

Damn :(
Its horrible television. Paints everything in a shade of grey. Every other night its about some quick fix way to lose weight.
Makes me sad in the pants.

On the plus side we have like 15 channels now!

EDIT:
I know the dog slapping gif is popular in here, so:
dogoxppu.jpg

Omikron

Finished Max Payne 1 for the first time in 10 years (probably), it was super fun, but short. Think I might play MP2 during the week.

WARNING FISHPOND CAN BE UNRELIABLE AND ANNOYING. They do refund your money if they mess you about though.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl for $16.29

UK version, won't arrive for a few weeks but for tonight only is at this price. Worth paying through Paypal but it was advertised in an email so seems legit. Maybe a few people never bought it.

Also those who are going to buy Prototype 2, the PS3 CE is $79 at Harvey Norman. EDIT: Wait it is already out? LOL

Finished Max Payne 1 for the first time in 10 years (probably), it was super fun, but short. Think I might play MP2 during the week.

Might give it a run too if I can rejigger the resolution a bit without it crashing again. Still looks great.

How does an ill passenger at a specific station delay all trains into the city by 20 mins?

gg Cityrail.

I have a feeling it might be code for attempted suicide, otherwise I have no idea how that would hold any trains up even if they were seriously ill. Pretty sure transport is just terrible in general though:(

Omikron

I have a feeling it might be code for attempted suicide, otherwise I have no idea how that would hold any trains up even if they were seriously ill. Pretty sure transport is just terrible in general though:(
If someone is sick on the train, they can't just dump them at a platform to wait for assistance, means the trains behind bank up.

Billy Slater would carve up the NFL.

God can you imagine? Or Benny Barba?

I gave up when I realised people were more interested in shitting on rugby players (lol @gridiron players are twice the size of rugby players comments). The whole premise was silly anyway, but the amount of people who responded with "of course" variations kind of astounds me.

EDIT: Oh wait, different NFL thread?

This was a rad article about how much better NFL would be with a bit of rugby influence to it.

http://www.backpagelead.com.au/rugby/6254-forget-tebow-where-are-the-real-nfl-miracles

I've been watching a bunch of ESPN 30 for 30 recently (well worth it if anyone gets the chance) and I was thinking how much more sense it would make to do some draw and passes instead of blocking. But whatever, I'm not a gridiron coach for a reason I guess.

Edit with more sport talk that most of GAF won't care about: Now Genia is staying? What the shit is going on? I mean awesome because the Reds need him, but this is weird. That sounded like a set in stone move to WA

If someone is sick on the train, they can't just dump them at a platform to wait for assistance, means the trains behind bank up.

Why not? I mean, wouldn't there be more help on the platform? Do they just stop the train wherever it is so as to prevent possible further injury ?

Omikron

Why not? I mean, wouldn't there be more help on the platform? Do they just stop the train wherever it is so as to prevent possible further injury ?

They generally don't stop wherever, they stop at the next platform and wait for ambo's or whatever at least in Melbourne.

They generally don't stop wherever, they stop at the next platform and wait for ambo's or whatever at least in Melbourne.
And since staff on the trains aren't medical staff, they really shouldn't be moving sick passengers, which means they have to wait until properly trained medical staff arrive.

Omikron

And since staff on the trains aren't medical staff, they really shouldn't be moving sick passengers, which means they have to wait until properly trained medical staff arrive.

Nothing worse than hearing all the sighs of commuters as they find out their train is going to be late because someone has fallen 'ill'.

Nothing worse than hearing all the sighs of commuters as they find out their train is going to be late because someone has fallen 'ill'.
And they'll keep doing it until that one day it happens to them and ruins their whole day in an instant.

Rezbit

And they'll keep doing it until that one day it happens to them and ruins their whole day in an instant.

So is dota still happening tonight? The frawdster can't play but I think cookie donc and I can...should we have subs if we got the numbers?? Or go to a 3v3??

Choc

Banned
Billionaire mining magnate Clive Palmer has announced he will seek Liberal National Party preselection to take on Wayne Swan at the next election.

FOAD clive

after 5+ weeks, my harvey norman sale order arrived. The XBOX360 children is a DLC code. Not sure if I'm happy about that. It even says "not for individual resale"

What games do they have? I'm trying not to get too excited, but shit... this is the first new arcade I've seen in Brisbane in probably ten years!

Why yes, Poimandres, I can tell you what games are at that new arcade.

Daytona 2, Raiden DX, Street Figther EX2, Point Blank 3, Marvel Vs Street Fighter are the highlights. Also, Primal Hunt (shoot dinosaurs in the face!), Tekken 6, Demolition Man pinball (with 5 balls per credit!).

Jintor

after 5+ weeks, my harvey norman sale order arrived. The XBOX360 children is a DLC code. Not sure if I'm happy about that. It even says "not for individual resale"

Take them to the ACCC!

I'm in for Dota tonight. I hooked up my 5.1 and it sounds banging! Crawling around under the house is a pain in my head!

That ain't right at all, I would be putting in a complaint if it doesn't match the description of the listing you originally pressed BUY on.

Also, Primal Hunt (shoot dinosaurs in the face!), Tekken 6, Demolition Man pinball (with 5 balls per credit!).
Oh man, I remember playing Primal Hunt at a bowling alley not that long ago and the Demo Man pinball table got a lot of love out of me when I was a kid in Adelaide at the adventure place.

As one of Australia's richest people Mr Palmer said he did not believe he would have to give up any business interests before entering politics adding he was involved in "a small family company".
This country is fucked in the head sometimes. At that point everyone in the room should have said, "Hold on, this isn't right. This isn't how government works. This is the opposite of how government is meant to work".

Choc

Banned
he actually needs divest ALL his holdings to be in parliament i believe.

Due to what parliament controls and discusses on the mining front

edit: Tonys holding a press conf

if he endorses palmer, he is dead already

discussing on iirc. but i'd better post here

Shan i can make tonight but it would have to be 8pm. maybe if the other guys play 1st and you spectate then we can play at 8pm?

Oh also has a decision been made on game modes etc.?

jambo

Gotta love a good net split!

[12:00:12] * hijukal[cods] Quit (*.net *.split)
[12:00:12] * Aon Quit (*.net *.split)
[12:00:12] * Frawdder Quit (*.net *.split)
[12:00:13] * Steam Quit (*.net *.split)
[12:00:13] * megadrive Quit (*.net *.split)
[12:00:13] * @Clipper Quit (*.net *.split)
[12:00:13] * Omikron Quit (*.net *.split)
[12:00:13] * Marsh Quit (*.net *.split)
[12:00:13] * Lafiel Quit (*.net *.split)
[12:00:13] * @ChanServ Quit (*.net *.split)
[12:05:24] * Fogz has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * Kritz has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * megadrive has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * Marsh has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * Aon has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * Steam has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * Lafiel has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * Omikron has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * hijukal[cods] has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * Clipper has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * ChanServ has joined #AusGAF
[12:05:24] * Clan-Server.AT.EU.GameSurge.net sets mode: +oo ChanServ Clipper

Gotta love a good net split!
...or from the other side of things.

(12:30:24 PM) jambo|work left the room (quit: *.net *.split).
(12:31:55 PM) megadrive: lol netsplit and jambo is the only one who got split
(12:35:24 PM) jambo|work [~@jambo.user.gamesurge] entered the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom