• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

In this case,では is a more polite way of saying じゃ (as in じゃない/じゃありません). So, "Its not like that". ^^

Also what Deek said.

Just hiragana with no spaces is a nightmare. Even my Japanese friends have trouble reading it. That's what kanji is for I suppose =/
or they could just add spaces. But nope!
Have you got kanji background? I imagine that helps. I do love kanji, but damn not being able to read it sometimes is a pain...

I'm doing Heisig... which is sort of helpful, and sort of not > >

You can always get an apple tv and jailbreak it with xbmc and then stream from your box. Depending on how that's all setup.

Yeah I thought about that, would rather an all in one box sickberd/sabnzb/xmbc.

Though will hold off until the new apple tv is released and see how long that takes to jailbreak.

Yeah I thought about that, would rather an all in one box sickberd/sabnzb/xmbc.
Just have one box for Sick Beard, SABnzbd, and if you like put the XBMC database on a MySQL database on the same box.

Then have a jailbroken Apple TV, or a Raspberry Pi, or something else point to the XBMC database on your server. The benefit of doing this (with the central server) is that you can start something on one box, pause and resume it on a different one. All devices will have the same watched/unwatched status.

Planning on doing this myself once XBMC 11 final comes out.

Omikron

Have you been to Noveria or Therum yet? They were your 3 real choices to decide what timing you go to each.

Getting there! The last few hours are a total blast.

I have no idea! I only just twigged last night that I was still chasing this Saren guy around and that is why I am now beating up on the Thorian plant thing.

Picking up a big 'RPG' after 2 years is probably unwise without doing reading. :p

Agyar

Just have one box for Sick Beard, SABnzbd, and if you like put the XBMC database on a MySQL database on the same box.

Then have a jailbroken Apple TV, or a Raspberry Pi, or something else point to the XBMC database on your server. The benefit of doing this (with the central server) is that you can start something on one box, pause and resume it on a different one. All devices will have the same watched/unwatched status.

I'm hoping the new ATV will be jailbroken and have a nice XBMC installation I can use for streaming instead of the PS3. I tried a friend's ATV gen 2 in my home theatre setup and had issues with XBMC on it (specifically the audio channels not functioning correctly, which appeared to be a common issue).

I'm somewhat interested in a Raspberry Pi but the ATV would be a more complete solution, given that it has a remote etc.

So, those Melbourne Transport Protection Officers are around and getting trained up by Police. I actually couldn't tell the difference from a distance and thought they were a bunch of cops milling about.

Fucking why do we need protection staff with firearms is still beyond me.

Meanwhile Bayern are pummeling the living snot out of Basel.

Go into the Reggie thread, where plenty of Americans will be happy to tell you why having a gun is absolutely vital.

That sounds good. I have a spare laptop as well.

Now if the new apple tv can run Xbmc I will be set.

I'm somewhat interested in a Raspberry Pi but the ATV would be a more complete solution, given that it has a remote etc.
There's a pretty good (official) XBMC Remote app for Android. The on-screen 'remote' isn't the best, but being able to scroll through your shows and just tell an app to start playing is pretty sweet.

It pauses movies if you get a call, or shows SMSes on screen when they come in, which is also cool.

Agyar

There's a pretty good (official) XBMC Remote app for Android. The on-screen 'remote' isn't the best, but being able to scroll through your shows and just tell an app to start playing is pretty sweet.

It pauses movies if you get a call, or shows SMSes on screen when they come in, which is also cool.

You appear to follow this stuff, so you should inform me when I XBMC is ready for me to go buy an ATV.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm hoping the new ATV will be jailbroken and have a nice XBMC installation I can use for streaming instead of the PS3. I tried a friend's ATV gen 2 in my home theatre setup and had issues with XBMC on it (specifically the audio channels not functioning correctly, which appeared to be a common issue).

Yea the Pi is something myself and X3n have been following for a bit now. It does have XBMC running off it without any major issues, Although X3n does claim that it doesn't support specific codecs? I'm not too sure on that one.

You can patch xbmc to accept the real high end stuff though over hdmi through your receiver if it supports it, Like TrueHD audio and all that, which I can't remember the names of.

I know the old man wants an ATV3 but I wouldn't mind jailbreaking it once it comes out and show him the lovely xbmc. That could be a better solution for my folks.

Shaneus

faeled miserably. am at another bar that has two labradours sitting near me. solving a xross wordnwith a local
Sad labrador?

There's a company here trying to turn homeless people into wifi hotspots.

Can't get a link right now because im on my iphone and my ISP "Toothless Bill" just shat himself.
I read that. Part of me thought it was awesome purely for the mental image, the other (much, much smaller) part was mortified.

Formula 1 coming to platform aimed at families

must be Wii U
iOS? Hopefully not anything to do with Codies after the colossal fuck-up that was F1 2011... at least, on PC. I can't run the game in DX11 because I'm using Crossfire? Fuck off. But apparently the online was still rooted as well. Fucking Codies.

Thecus + WDTV Live ver 2. So, so good.

Man, that's almost enough to convince me to knock up an XBMC box. Given that I now have Android running on my Windpad (don't see what the big deal about it is, looks and performs like arse compared to Win8) I could use that app perfectly.

Jintor

Is わたしのちゅうごくじんではありません。 a valid sentence? :| Can't help but feel the first の should be a は but I don't think you can have more than one は particle per sentence?

jambo

Is わたしのちゅうごくじんではありません。 a valid sentence? :| Can't help but feel the first の should be a は but I don't think you can have more than one は particle per sentence?

Hugh is not a very c my kidney

Stackboy

Just chiming in on the fitness Ausgaf.

I'm a big dude. 6 foot, 140kgs. My goal is to lose 40kgs by the end of the year. I've done it before by going to the gym and eating right and a friend is helping me out by doing PT with me. So far I've lost a decent amount of weight, most of the change can be seen in my face and stomach.

I find it pretty easy to stick with when I do it with friends and am accountable.

Arggggg my Kidney!

There's a company here trying to turn homeless people into wifi hotspots.

Can't get a link right now because im on my iphone and my ISP "Toothless Bill" just shat himself.
Love the idea. Not sure what the problem is?

Raising awareness of homelessness and making a statement about we care more about paying a few dollars so we can look at cats trying to eat cheeseburgers when we are out of the house than doing something about the problem.

Plus the company reached out to them and asked if they were interested, they didn't force them to do anything. They are only getting paid what is being donated so it is hard to say they are being exploited when it is completely their project what they earn.

I have no idea! I only just twigged last night that I was still chasing this Saren guy around and that is why I am now beating up on the Thorian plant thing.

Picking up a big 'RPG' after 2 years is probably unwise without doing reading. :p
WHY DID YOU BEAT UP MR THORIAN?!? Dude, you could have been nice and reasoned with the big fella. He brews some delicious tea for Shepard if you don't wave a gun in his face you big meanie.

AusGAF, where is the best place to buy ME3 for PC? Something like GMG or Gamersgate?
GMG had 20% off, not sure if still valid. Otherwise there are other places to look.

Agyar

I'm a big dude. 6 foot, 140kgs. My goal is to lose 40kgs by the end of the year. I've done it before by going to the gym and eating right and a friend is helping me out by doing PT with me. So far I've lost a decent amount of weight, most of the change can be seen in my face and stomach.

I find it pretty easy to stick with when I do it with friends and am accountable.

Join the Fitocracy group if you haven't already. The link is.. somewhere in this thread.

Edit: Here it is. Though nobody is logging anything.

Choc

Banned
Reviewers are no-men, via Kotaku,

I have found this to be true so very often nowadays.

tumblr_l8k40dWG6U1qbhtrto1_500.gif

Clipper

Sounds like you've got a good plan, so good luck. I'm 5'10" and was about 135kg when I went onto Lite'n'Easy in June last year. Just got below 90kg this morning so I'm quite happy with that (although I've been going up and down a lot in the 93-100 range since Christmas). I agree that you have to be committed for it to work out, but it feels pretty good when it does.

I should probably start exercising too, though. I do two 20 minute walks each day, to get to work and back, but that's pretty much it and I was doing that before going on the diet too.

Rahk

Should be わたしは. では isn't the same as は. Also use じゃありません for conversation. I think では is mainly the written form.

D.Lo

Anyone know an ISP that has a decent low-ish naked DSL download plan (20GB?) for under $40?

I live by myself so have to pay the lot myself. It seems ridiculous that you can get unlimited for like $70 but the lowest non insanely low download plans get are $50. I look at Dodo, and it jumps from 10GB to 100GB for $10. I just want freaking 20!

It should be a は, yeah. In most instances you can only have one, but in this case they serve different purposes so its okay.

EDIT: Rahk you beat me to it >.<

Anyone know an ISP that has a decent low-ish naked DSL download plan (20GB?) for under $40?

I live by myself so have to pay the lot myself. It seems ridiculous that you can get unlimited for like $70 but the lowest non insanely low download plans get are $50. I look at Dodo, and it jumps from 10GB to 100GB for $10. I just want freaking 20!

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/?action=search&loc=1 is your first stop. Where are you located?

TPG has 50GB naked adsl for $49.99. Nothing lower/cheaper than that though.

Jintor

Should be &#12431;&#12383;&#12375;&#12399;. &#12391;&#12399; isn't the same as &#12399;. Also use &#12376;&#12419;&#12354;&#12426;&#12414;&#12379;&#12435; for conversation. I think &#12391;&#12399; is mainly the written form.

It should be a &#12399;, yeah. In most instances you can only have one, but in this case they serve different purposes so its okay.

EDIT: Rahk you beat me to it >.<

&#12354;&#12426;&#12364;&#12392;&#12358;&#12289;&#12379;&#12435;&#12379;&#12356;&#12290;Man, getting anki to sync correctly is a pain in the ass.

Cauliflower pizza bases are ready to go for tonight. I had a little taste, and it isn't bad at all, will let AusGAF know how the finished product turns out.

D.Lo

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/?action=search&loc=1 is your first stop. Where are you located?
Already looksed at Whirpool, all relevant results are dodgy small company Telstra re-sellers. And none do naked (aka add $30). And the forums are full of hardcore 200GB users (aka pirates).

TPG has 50GB naked adsl for $49.99. Nothing lower/cheaper than that though.
Yep that's what I found, thanks.

Goddamit, when 4G starts rolling out for Optus I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom