• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha, just saw Carr on the news quoting someone as saying "look into my eyes, you're growing weaker" in his goofy stuffy voice. On the floor. What the hell is this in relation to?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
speaking of foods and all that, I've recently lost about 9 kilos in just over four weeks under a meal plan that looks like variants of this:

h3IyS.png

ZyHaG.png

(I don't bother logging all the water I drink.)

Cutting out fast food and flavoured milk drinks has done wonders for me.

I'm surprised at how easy it is. It's kind of like "oh, it's just... common sense. Huh."

hamchan

Does anyone know whether Vietnamese beef noodle soup or pho, as some of you may know it, is bad for you? Because I've been eating it kinda a lot lately.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Rez, do you get hungry? That looks like I'd be licking my lips at the furniture.

After the first week or two I stopped getting seriously hungry. I just balance out when I'll eat -- say -- an apple, and I'm good to go for a while afterwards.

You bastards are making me hungry. I've got an apple right next to me, but it doesn't sound nearly as tasty as the box of $1 chocolates 2m away.

But the apple will win. I've got to get on board the weight loss wagon too. Shit's got a bit out of hand recently.

Deeku

Does anyone know whether Vietnamese beef noodle soup or pho, as some of you may know it, is bad for you? Because I've been eating it kinda a lot lately.
The soups are usually pretty damn oily so that could be a problem. Other than that, it's just rice noodles and thinly sliced lean-ish meat, so it can't be that bad for you.

Oh and msg.

Danoss

I don't want to know the answer to this. Pho is fucking awesome.

Had both pho and laksa in the last week or so. So good.

Jintor

Rice noodles are carb heavy relatively speaking, but they're not that bad, so whateverrrrrrrrrrrrr unless you're going for... ketosis or whatever it's called

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
That's a fuckload of walking rez. You do that for work or just like walking that sort of distance everyday?

I go for my walks either straight after I wake up or around twilight, or both. It's just habit at this point. I listen to music and/or a podcast and the time flies.

Deeku

Yeah, over the past week I've had pho 4 times for lunch. Tastes too damn good.
I used to eat at the vietnamese place above matthews. It was good, but also not the cleanest place.

It probably doesn't exist anymore. I think that area has been revamped a bit since my time at unsw.

I'd be happy just with figuring out what's an easy breakfast to make that isn't just boiled eggs. ATM I'm just flinging some wheatbix into a bowl, half a spoonful of honey, and milk if I don't have time to cook and omelette or something.

I'd also like to find out what to eat for lunch that doesn't involve me cooking it since I don't control my kitchen supplies at present.

Bacon and eggs.

I really want to try the cauliflower pizza, but I'm too lazy.

The soups are usually pretty damn oily so that could be a problem. Other than that, it's just rice noodles and thinly sliced lean-ish meat, so it can't be that bad for you.

Oh and msg.

Mmm MSG...

Have to psych myself up for a run when I get home. Ugh. I have never understood sporty people or those who derive pleasure from non sexual physical activity.

To me it will always be a chore I must partake in lest I get enormously fat or lose the use of my legs in my old age.

Agyar

speaking of foods and all that, I've recently lost about 9 kilos in just over four weeks under a meal plan that looks like variants of this:

http://i.imgur.com/h3IyS.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZyHaG.png
(I don't bother logging all the water I drink.)

Cutting out fast food and flavoured milk drinks has done wonders for me.

I'm surprised at how easy it is. It's kind of like "oh, it's just... common sense. Huh."

I am doing the opposite to you and trying to put on weight. Eating somewhere between 3500 and 4000 calorie per day depending on whether I've training or not.

I did a month at 1500 calories a while back to lose some body fat and it was tough but you get used to it. The most important thing is making and having your own food for every meal, eating out or getting takeaway because you're stuck without ingredients or didn't plan ahead is the surest way to blow out your intake for the day.

Eating a lot is similarly tricky, as you need to shove a lot of food in your mouth but it needs to be the right type of food in order to reach the desired intake of macro nutrients (protein, carbs, fat etc). Similarly, getting stuck and needing takeaway or not having the right food on hand wrecks it but it is a lot easier to grab food anywhere when you're calorie restricted.

How tall are you?

About 175cm, I was always athletic. Football player training close to 5 nights a week and playing twice on the weekend.

Then I went to uni, got a job, had a family and no longer have much time to myself anymore. I tried to use kinect to get some exercise but that sucked.

Jintor

I was going to go Rock Climbing tonight but then I... didn't. Can you go rock climbing by yourself? I guess I could go bouldering by myself... :T

So a friend on Facebook posted a photo she took of a vehicle plastered with the usual bigoted rhetoric about homosexual marriage, it's down at Gosford waterfront on the NSW Central Coast. It urges people to go to Stand4marriage.com

Wtf is this shit?

Boken

Banned
About 175cm, I was always athletic. Football player training close to 5 nights a week and playing twice on the weekend.

Then I went to uni, got a job, had a family and no longer have much time to myself anymore. I tried to use kinect to get some exercise but that sucked.

88kg at 175kg. I'm guessing you have a lot of muscle but that's still a bit high man!

edit: yes, oops. cm.

commissar

Hahaha.

I did get tested for this a few weeks ago, hope it doesn't turn out to be positive. My mother is a (diagnosed) celiac.

All the best foods have gluten.

:(
I got diagnosed with it a few months ago after being itchy as fuck for most of last year, and I can say if you do turn out to have it:
Buy Vogels gluten free bread, don't even bother with anything else it's all shit. Vogels ones are genuinely good :)

Also don't just rely on the blood test if thats all you've done, as apparently it's not 100% accurate, so see about an gastroscopy if you haven't already.

The upside to it being trendy at the moment is there's usually something to have at cafes etc. The downside is unless you're a regular there, they'll probably assume you're a tosser :/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm pretty much the same as what's in a name, Well i was a few years back. At the moment i'm about 78kgs and would like to drop it but i'm slack.

I've come to the conclusion that when / if I ever get my own place then that's when I will start to take control of it all. Buy better food, work out due to space etc. That's the plan!

Axiom

So I stood up to a drunken racist bully on the bus today after he slapped the driver and got assaulted.

I'm fine, but my face hurts now.

Hey. West End has some good folks.

I have some mates that live in west end, but they're mostly hippies and hipsters. It's mostly full of dicks.

Also AusGAF is short. Also significantly skinnier than me, but still. Short

Edit: fuck yeah axiom. Good work dude. Although getting hit (I assume?) sucks.

Omikron

Also AusGAF is short. Also significantly skinnier than me, but still. Short
Short? I am a slightly above avg 185cm and 75kgs, need to put ok a few kgs in muscle tone tbh. Giving up team sport was good for time reasons, bad for physical fitness.

@axiom - glad you are ok, good on you :)

So a friend on Facebook posted a photo she took of a vehicle plastered with the usual bigoted rhetoric about homosexual marriage, it's down at Gosford waterfront on the NSW Central Coast. It urges people to go to Stand4marriage.com

Wtf is this shit?

:l

If you're fine, what happened to your face?

Good on ya though.

He got assaulted.

So I stood up to a drunken racist bully on the bus today ... and got assaulted.

I'm fine, but my face hurts now.

Good on ya, hope it doesn't long.

Short? I am a slightly above avg 185cm and 75kgs, need to put ok a few kgs in muscle tone tbh. Giving up team sport was good for time reasons, bad for physical fitness.

@axiom - glad you are ok, good on you :)

I was meaning all the 175cm guys. Its that 10cm that makes the difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom