• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to pick up some videogame books to see if they are shit or not. Consumed The Sense of an Ending last night, fantastic book. Very enjoyable. Not revelatory but certainly a very welcome piece that I can point people towards when I am trying to explain certain human behaviour.

Yar. The grounds are super picturesque.

MCTD2.jpg

This makes me sad because the Silent Hill Collection is shit. :(

EDIT: Wait, the Crysis 2 novel is NOT just written by Richard K Morgan? Strange. Sent to die obviously.

At a doll market in Ivanhoe since the wife has a stall here. So many weeaboos and weird goths with giant ball-jointed dolls...

But hey if you're into dolls it's probably a good place to come!

Shaneus

Can't say I'm in a huge hurry to. My iPad 1 is still serving me very well, it's still my primary gaming system at the moment, performs well in an office environment and I don't see a huge advantage in upgrading right now.

As soon as someone comes out with a good pressure sensitive pen and art production software that uses it, I'll see a benefit in upgrading.
Or Minter makes a game that fully utilises it.

Going to pick up some videogame books to see if they are shit or not. Consumed The Sense of an Ending last night, fantastic book. Very enjoyable. Not revelatory but certainly a very welcome piece that I can point people towards when I am trying to explain certain human behaviour.
Pricey? Even though it wasn't on their list, I ended up buying Zen/Motorcycle yesterday but haven't started on it yet.

At a doll market in Ivanhoe since the wife has a stall here. So many weeaboos and weird goths with giant ball-jointed dolls...

But hey if you're into dolls it's probably a good place to come!
THEY'RE NOT DOLLS THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES.

Pricey? Even though it wasn't on their list, I ended up buying Zen/Motorcycle yesterday but haven't started on it yet.
The link was to the Dead Island novelization for $2.69. So a fair few of them a pretty cheap, enough to make it worth a read rather than using the age old trick of going to your public library.

THEY'RE NOT DOLLS THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES.

Oh no. These are dolls, through and through. Dude wearing an N7 cap and an 18inch doll with light purple hair just walked in. No way that's an action figure. :)

I can see the appeal though I guess, particularly with the anime style ones. OH NO WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME.

Uh oh, the wife just walked off leaving me in charge. This is not going to end well. And she's buying from another seller. This is not how it's supposed to work!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Labor couldn't even find anyone to hand out those how to vote sheets at my local booth. Pretty sad.

Shaneus

The link was to the Dead Island novelization for $2.69. So a fair few of them a pretty cheap, enough to make it worth a read rather than using the age old trick of going to your public library.
Actually referring to the Idle Thumbs one :)

Oh no. These are dolls, through and through. Dude wearing an N7 cap and an 18inch doll with light purple hair just walked in. No way that's an action figure. :)
I was just taking the piss :) I think it's a line from a Kevin Smith movie?

Deeku

I'm only 8 hours in for Xenoblade but I've gotten so sucked into doing quests that I'm up to level 14 and I still haven't made my way to Colony 6.

I cannot find a bestiary in the menu so I'm having trouble locating Iron Krabbles. I know I've seen some, but all I'm getting on the beaches are Stone, Marble and Solid Krabbles, the latter which kill me in one hit.
Don't get too caught up with the side quests, otherwise you might find yourself over-leveled for the normal game! I've been just grabbing every side quest I see, and then going along with the story. Most of time you'll get a few done just by playing normally.

Also, I'm pretty creeped out by dudes carrying dolls, and dolls in general.

Actually referring to the Idle Thumbs one :)I was just taking the piss :) I think it's a line from a Kevin Smith movie?
No piss taken. Though I can see the appeal it's definitely not my thing.

I remember saying that line in my childhood (stupid dad), but can't remember any Kevin Smith movie having it...

Watched Wet Hot American Summer last night. Never knew it existed. Haven't been missing anything.

Omikron

Third week in a row for a Saturday afternoon first birthday to attend. This one will have farm animals. Serious business these parties. Although maybe not up there with the doll lovers. :p

Deeku

Kid's birthday parties are rad, I wish I had cool birthday parties when I was a kid! I went to one with animals last year and it was great watching kids annoy the crap out the poor animals. There were many instances of "C'mon, eat the can!" lol.

Also, when mini jumping castles have a weight/age limit, they mean it.

Jintor

Bjds all the way.

Went into the city to pick up something I lent someone. Ran into an old school friend just coming out of work, had lunch, bought lots of comics /manga at kings. Should probably get around to doing work today.

Danoss

Hey cods, I just watched a video of Mitch Meyer, pro advertising photographer. He was taking some portraits and I must say I was surprised by the lens he used. The Canon 100/2.8 macro. I was watching and was like "hey, I know that lens... I own that lens!"

4wigs.jpg

With the money and equipment he could have at his disposal, he chose that lens. That speaks volumes to me. I knew that lens was a decent portrait lens, but I didn't think it was a lens of choice at that level.

Hey cods, I just watched a video of Mitch Meyer, pro advertising photographer. He was taking some portraits and I must say I was surprised by the lens he used. The Canon 100/2.8 macro.

Macro lenses are often popular because the glass is usually good quality. Was that a 100 on a full frame body though? I'd say it was.

I'm not a portrait guy though, more of a travel/architecture guy. I prefer one versatile lens as opposed to carrying around a bag and looking like a mugging target. My strap is a Crumpler 'Industry Disgrace' (love it) and I frequently see photo nerds trying to figure out what camera/lens combo I'm using.

If you want to see some of my stuff, it's on Flickr: http://flickr.com/hijukal - check it out in the next few days since my pro account is expiring and I'm not renewing it.

Labor couldn't even find anyone to hand out those how to vote sheets at my local booth. Pretty sad.
East coast all turning Liberal now. Should be interesting to see how QLD is going in 2 years time. Life has been great under Baillieu since 2010!

Third week in a row for a Saturday afternoon first birthday to attend. This one will have farm animals. Serious business these parties. Although maybe not up there with the doll lovers. :p
4UIfh.jpg

Went into the city to pick up something I lent someone. Ran into an old school friend just coming out of work, had lunch, bought lots of comics /manga at kings. Should probably get around to doing work today.
13316998.jpg

Danoss

Macro lenses are often popular because the glass is usually good quality. Was that a 100 on a full frame body though? I'd say it was.

I'm not a portrait guy though, more of a travel/architecture guy. I prefer one versatile lens as opposed to carrying around a bag and looking like a mugging target. My strap is a Crumpler 'Industry Disgrace' (love it) and I frequently see photo nerds trying to figure out what camera/lens combo I'm using.

Yeah, the quality is awesome on that lens, plus it's fast and has low distortion, I just didn't expect a pro to be using it when they could have the 135/2L. There is an L version now with incredible IS in it. The body he's using looks like a 5DmkII to me.

I'm not a portrait guy either, but it's nice to have a lens that can be used for that if need be. I dabble in different areas of photography, I really need to root around more and find my preferred area.

I had the Industry Disgrace also, but got fed-up with the around-the-neck setup, I found it cumbersome. I switched over to the 2nd generation Luma Loop, which is over-the-shoulder style and quite like it. Holding the camera in portrait mode is a bit annoying with it, though it seems their new 'Cinch' version solves the problem whilst keeping the strap a safe and secure option; I'm really tempted to pit an order in now that I've just seen it on their site.

I'm not a fan of the straps that attach to the tripod mount as I always feel they're not as stable for some reason. Never actually used one so I don't really know either way.

My straps are always slung over the shoulder, bandolier style, as well. I find it's easy to walk around with all day and more secure in areas that don't feel totally safe.

Danoss

I'm not a fan of the straps that attach to the tripod mount as I always feel they're not as stable for some reason. Never actually used one so I don't really know either way.

My straps are always slung over the shoulder, bandolier style, as well. I find it's easy to walk around with all day and more secure in areas that don't feel totally safe.

I agree with you on the straps that attach to the tripod mount, which is why I never purchased the Black Rapid strap.

The 2nd gen Luma Loop attached to the same strap mount that your Industry Disgrace does. Like so:

yjaaI.png

They used that mount because just one of those strap mounts are engineered to bear the full weight of the camera and lens. You'll notice the 'Cinch', whilst using the tripod mount, also attaches to the strap mount for security. No strap mount has ever failed, which is why they use it.

Shaneus

Holy shit! I'm pretty sure you could literally order anything else from anywhere else in the world and pay less shipping (based on dollar/dollar cost). Seriously. Do they have a fault in their system?

Oh, cods... don't close your eyes for a single second. That's when the dolls steal your soul.

Oh, cods... don't close your eyes for a single second. That's when the dolls steal your soul.
Pretty sure I felt it slipping away the moment I decided to stay instead of leaving as soon as the stall was setup, like I'd originally planned (and then play Dark Souls all day).

Deeku

Why does nintendo au not have email support? I really don't feel like calling up and complaining about how I still haven't received my kirby pouch during office hours! ><

Yagharek

So SA, WA, Vic, NSW and likely Queensland are all going to be Liberal governed. That leaves Tas and NT as Labor, not sure about ACT. Tas will be most likely Lib next time there's an election.

Four years ago the whole country was Labor. Looks like in a few years it could be a complete change.

Axiom

I like The Dark Crystal and all, but collecting dolls that evoke Gelflings, Gothic Lolita and Rubber fucking Johnny just disturbs the fuck out of me.

A conservative woman stumbling upon her fella's secret Hentai statue room would have a more measured and reserved reaction than I would upon seeing those dolls.

wonzo

Banned
i've got an extra cs go beta invite for anyone who wants it.

Why does nintendo au not have email support? I really don't feel like calling up and complaining about how I still haven't received my kirby pouch during office hours! ><
it's because nintendo au is terrible.

Deeku

My voice is fine, no need to disguise it! I just don't want other people hearing the sad conversation lol.

Also, oh good more photos!

Jintor

A conservative woman stumbling upon her fella's secret Hentai statue room would have a more measured and reserved reaction than I would upon seeing those dolls.

I had a sudden image of like... a traditional library room, wooden panelling, books and tomes on all the shelves. But rub the nose of a statue and everything swivels around, J-pop fills the room, and the first thing you see is a body pillow in a glass case.

Deeku

Like this?

Edit: I changed the above for a more angry Deek.
lol!

i hate you

Jintor said:
I had a sudden image of like... a traditional library room, wooden panelling, books and tomes on all the shelves. But rub the nose of a statue and everything swivels around, J-pop fills the room, and the first thing you see is a body pillow in a glass case.
I would pay good money for an interior designer that could do this for me! Without the pillows though.

Whoooo, just voted for the first time :D

Some QUT students were doing research there so I got $10 for wearing a heart rate monitor in the the polling booth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom