• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO I bought some clothes from TheHut since it was super cheap and even cheaper with a 20% coupon. The gf is happy now too. Looking forward to the warmer clothes when winter hits at full steam in a month!

Also soooooo tempted to pick up the Alien Anthology Bluray Set (with extras) for $29 at Zavvi with a 10% off coupon they emailed me. Sooooooooooooo tempted :(

Anathema's new album is already glorious and I have listened to 1/2 a track.
Pffft! Get with the times man, Weather Systems is so last week. All about Koloss now!

4Xh57.jpg
Just an idea at the last minute. Seemed like a cool thing to check out, even if the meat of the experience would be better late on Sunday when games are actually up and running.

Omikron

Hey man, I am old, I will always be behind the times.

Edit: I really don't understand how Anathema aren't bigger than they are :S

oipic

Anathema's new album is already glorious and I have listened to 1/2 a track.

Hold the phone, their new album is out already? Weather Systems? I must've missed the memo.

I really don't understand how Anathema aren't bigger than they are :S

Too true. I've been pimping them heavily since Eternity blew my mind half a life ago, but I don't think I've met anyone in the real world who has heard of them, let alone listened to them.

Jintor

By the way, thanks for recommending PlayerPro for Android, AusGAF. Beats the pants off my old media player.

Other app recommendations for Android again?

Omikron

Hold the phone, their new album is out already? Weather Systems? I must've missed the memo.

Yeah, its ... available. :p

Too true. I've been pimping them heavily since Eternity blew my mind half a life ago, but I don't think I've met anyone in the real world who has heard of them, let alone listened to them.

Looks like 4 people just on this page have heard of them! And even listen to them heavily! Judgement was my entry point onto them. :)

Window

Never looked into the community forum so had no idea that there was an AusGaf thread! So is there anyone here from the west coast at all?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the spreadsheet in the OP.

Shaneus

By the way, thanks for recommending PlayerPro for Android, AusGAF. Beats the pants off my old media player.

Other app recommendations for Android again?
Yeah, being a new Android x86 ICS/HC user, I demand to know what other apps are awesome for Android too! Ta.

Gazunta

hey hey

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I try to keep up with this thread but end up skipping stuff and unlike some people I can't really be posting on GAF all day ;)

It is one month until Supanova Gold Coast. I am freaking the fuck out. One of my books has a real chance of not being printed and shipped in time. So much other stuff to organise. Banners. Posters. Flyers. Point of sale items. Stickers. Mini comics. Other cool stuff. It's going to either be the best three days of my life or the worst. :p

While everyone on the internet has been working themselves up about some controversial video games I have been in my corner playing Train Defense and Gridrunner on the iPad. I'm having fun.

OK back to drawing comics.

Jintor

Xenoblade is excellent. Just past the 51 hour mark and still going strong.

Kid Icarus also good. Together, I have successfully passed another night without doing my goddamn case notes. I think poking through statutory warranty legislation was the most work I've done all day.

Whooo, dota 2 beta. I only signed up like 3 days ago =/ I thought the wait would be months...

Really good. Except that when you have no hot water in Australia, it's no big deal. You just grit your teeth and handle the cold shower.

When that happens here, bail out. Don't even think about it.

D:

My dad lived over there as a kid. He said when the weather was cold the pipes used to freeze and you could only have scalding showers. So there's that.

At least you have a chance to wear all those coats.

Jintor

Valve have been going crazy with the Dota invites over the last two days. I think they're gearing up. That or they just gave it to all the Australians.

Gazunta

you getting a retina ipad gaz?

Can't say I'm in a huge hurry to. My iPad 1 is still serving me very well, it's still my primary gaming system at the moment, performs well in an office environment and I don't see a huge advantage in upgrading right now.

As soon as someone comes out with a good pressure sensitive pen and art production software that uses it, I'll see a benefit in upgrading.

Deeku

Kid Icarus also good. Together, I have successfully passed another night without doing my goddamn case notes. I think poking through statutory warranty legislation was the most work I've done all day.
I was gonna play some Xenoblade tonight, but then I decided to pick something else from my tiny little mini pile of wii backlog.

I chose Muramasa and omg dat Vanillaware art! Really nice game, but kinda hard since I'm still learning how to not die. I regret not buying that rad momohime figure back then:(

At least you have a chance to where all those coats.
Yeah, I heard red pants keep you extra warm too so he should be alright!

Deeku

lol fog is good though. Fog plus trees/forests are probably my favourite landscape type photos. It's an eerie beauty.

I'm only 8 hours in for Xenoblade but I've gotten so sucked into doing quests that I'm up to level 14 and I still haven't made my way to Colony 6.

I cannot find a bestiary in the menu so I'm having trouble locating Iron Krabbles. I know I've seen some, but all I'm getting on the beaches are Stone, Marble and Solid Krabbles, the latter which kill me in one hit.

Clipper

I'm only 8 hours in for Xenoblade but I've gotten so sucked into doing quests that I'm up to level 14 and I still haven't made my way to Colony 6.

I cannot find a bestiary in the menu so I'm having trouble locating Iron Krabbles. I know I've seen some, but all I'm getting on the beaches are Stone, Marble and Solid Krabbles, the latter which kill me in one hit.

I used a fan made Google Doc that lists all the quest items and stuff for things like that. Be careful as there are spoilers in the document, but provided you use the search function, you can find most things you would need (including what everybody has to trade) without risk of spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom