• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Good walk. Cold out there.

IatTI.jpg

Deeku

Chilling photos there Sal, but why are you walking through a cemetery? lol

Also, is that a superdry coat? I thought you were cool.

Rezbit

DAMN this game is ugly. Also lol@the free kicks for GWS. Contemplating not watching but I feel obligated. Also damn, is that what you look like Salazar? Pictured something different!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Just Cause 2 completed. Another game off my backlog this year.

I might try for some of the smaller ones tomorrow. Limbo, Shank and Trine then back to the ones with a little more meat to them.

Omikron

What a shambles for qld labor, have fun turning that the other way if the libs don't work out.

Currently 68 lib, 5 lab, 4 other, 12 in doubt according to the abc.

Katter party has two seats as well at a minimum, just about the 'opposition'....

midonnay

is there a minimum amount of seats you need to be considered an opposition?

Opposition leader

Deputy opposition leader

Shadow Treasurer

Minister of everything else

Fuck it, my best mate is coming tomorrow so I lashed out on a bottle of Lagavulin. Pretty damn fantastic. My bottle of Vanilla Coke in the pantry won't be coming within 5m of this stuff, it shan't be tainted! Also now all I want to do is sit in a room full of rich mahogany and books rather than just my Kindle.

What a shambles for qld labor, have fun turning that the other way if the libs don't work out.

Currently 68 lib, 5 lab, 4 other, 12 in doubt according to the abc.

Katter is sitting pretty with 11% so far.

Omikron

is there a minimum amount of seats you need to be considered an opposition?

Opposition leader

Deputy opposition leader

Shadow Treasurer

Minister of everything else

Probably not, but there is talk on twitter they need ten seats to retain party status.

Although another mention had it at three and ten percent of the vote

Danoss

Adding some water to your whisky is fine, but ice will mute the flavours on you. When you pay that much for a whisky, you want to enjoy it as much as you can.

Edit: it's whisky, not whiskey! Damn you auto-correct on my phone!

Choc

Banned
if his time with Brisbane is anything to go by, than you can expect a shit ton of tunnels being built in QLD from now on

edit: you need 10 seats to be an effective opposition and considered a major party

are they seriously getting that smashed? wow

ABC is running a prediction of 8 ALP seats

Wow. Not even Keneally got that slammed in NSW.

Wow.

If this is a prediction for the Federal election, Tony will control both houses, and that will be the most dangerous period in Australias history politically. We saw what JH did with control of both houses (which imo actually shouldn't be allowed under the constitution, we should referendum that one!)

This could be the end of QLD Labor

I mean how the HECK are they going to have a shadow cabinet? you need opp leader, treasury spokesman, health, education, transport, infrastructure, tourism, business, an attorney general shadow and it goes on. We are already at 9

wow, labor is over in QLD. Shiiiiiiiit :eek:

That's it. I'm moving to whiskey after this beer I just poured (Moo Brew Hefeweizen for those interested).

The bottle of Tormore I opened recently is either incredibly bland, or butter smooth. I'm thinking bland. The Dalmore I opened at Christmas is much better. I'm not that fond of peaty and smokey scotch, rather preferring chocolatey or rich flavours.

Oh yes: Sunshine Coast Chilli Beer? Steer clear. My god it's terrible. It had a chilli in the bottle and all I could taste was chilli juice, no beer whatsoever.

Shaneus

Fuck it, my best mate is coming tomorrow so I lashed out on a bottle of Lagavulin. Pretty damn fantastic. My bottle of Vanilla Coke in the pantry won't be coming within 5m of this stuff, it shan't be tainted! Also now all I want to do is sit in a room full of rich mahogany and books rather than just my Kindle.
Know what booze you need to try (eventually)?
4ebxb.jpg

It doesn't even taste like tequila in the slightest. At all. I know, I've had many different tequilas and this tastes closer to something that Galliano or Baileys would make. Shit, barely tastes like alcohol. I reckon you could even have it on ice as a somewhat elegant drink. Look suave, get smashed.

That should be their new slogan.

Danoss

Speaking of scotch, there was some nice bottles I saw when in Dan's today. A lovely gift pack of Ardbeg with a nice glass in there. I am yet to try Ardbeg, but I look forward to trying it. There was also som anCnoc which I've been wanting to try.

As I don't have a tonne of cash to splurge, and I am far from being short on whisky at home, I bought nothing.

I might pull out my own bottle of Lagavulin and pour myself a dram. After tasting some wines for my mates wedding earlier this evening, I'm in a drinking mood.

@cod - how did you like the Moo Brew?
Not bad. Labelled as a hefeweizen but really it's a kristallweizen. A little ciderish up front (but that may be because it's a bit old) and not wheaty enough but alright.

Think I prefer the Two Metre Tall guys more from Tasmania.

4ebxb.jpg
Came so close to trying it at Apothecary 1878 in Adelaide but I'd already had a few wines and a Manhattan so decided to call it. Still on the list based on your recommendation.

It is a damn shame that The Smashing Pumpkins were torn to shreds after Mellon Collie. Adore is still an incredible album, better than a lot of the rock/alternative music released in the last decade.
Also the Teardrops EP's have been great so far.

4ebxb.jpg

It doesn't even taste like tequila in the slightest. At all. I know, I've had many different tequilas and this tastes closer to something that Galliano or Baileys would make.
Ergo (and ipso facto) why it is a coffee liqueur :)

But yeah I have been eyeing that off for a while. Love me some Sambuca and I know I would love the hell out of it but I would want to shot it and I need a good excuse for it. Maybe on the honeymoon while we eat roast duck in front of a roaring fire in a log cabin or something.

If the next federal election ends up anywhere near this QLD result I'm on the first plane to Canada.
It is a foregone conclusion. How often is Federal won by a party who has lost pretty much every State election? Choc and/ore Fred?

I might pull out my own bottle of Lagavulin and pour myself a dram. After tasting some wines for my mates wedding earlier this evening, I'm in a drinking mood.
I can't get the grin off my face so I certainly recommend a glass or two.

Danoss

I can't get the grin off my face so I certainly recommend a glass or two.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, some really great whisky.

It's my winter warmer. I'll pull it out when the night is chilly and I can enjoy the warmth it gives off. If there was some heavy rain and a storm overhead, it would be perfect.

It's opening up as I type this. The wonderful smoky aroma it's giving off is becoming more potent. It smells so good.

Rezbit

It really seems like WA and QLD are going back to country bumpkin politics. Man Labor must have been inept in those states.

Choc

Banned
proof Qlders are fucking idiots

the CT is a FEDERAL issue no matter how much Tony and Campbell want to say its not

sigh

proof Qlders are fucking idiots

the CT is a FEDERAL issue no matter how much Tony and Campbell want to say its not

sigh

NOPE

That nice utility bill company that make sure companies aren't ripping you off did that ad about how the gubermant is going to come to your house and demand the money in your pockets for the carbon tax

FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom