• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

So a checklist of things the Republican party hate:

1. Latin Americans
2. African Americans
3. Women
4. Science
5. Anyone not fundamentalist Christian
6. GLBT Americans
7. Americans needing healthcare
8. Poor Americans
9. Immigrants
10. Farmers who like non-flammable drinking water

Remind me again how in the fucking hell this party ever gets even remotely close to gaining power in a country of 300 million people?

They make the Citizens Electoral Council, Family First and the Christian Democratic Party look like moderates.

Voluntary voting and corporate personhood.

Yagharek

On the 46% of americans being creationists stat ... my wife just said the reason: "Bell curve".

Good point.

The one thing that gets me is that this bible thumping, family values toting, racist, homophobic organisation is also big enough to attract a sizeable influx of sex workers of (presumably) all flavours and persuasions, reinforcing the fact that Republicans, by and large, are the biggest bunch of fucking hypocrites in the world.

It would be funny if they didn't get full control of the world's largest nuclear arsenal every four to eight years.

Dead Man

I know Compulsory Voting is technically a bit of a violation of a person's true freedom to vote, but I think in effect it just allows extremist views to thrive.

Compulsory voting allows extremist views to thrive? I always thought the argument that compulsory voting violates freedom is a bit weak, you can always donkey vote, you just have to show up.

Jintor

Compulsory voting allows extremist views to thrive? I always thought the argument that compulsory voting violates freedom is a bit weak, you can always donkey vote, you just have to show up.

Ooh, sorry. I meant voluntary voting allows extremist views to thrive. I got distracted halfway through writing the sentence and forgot what I was writing about.

Salazar

Speaking of morons and election bullshit

LMzX8.jpg

:lol :lol

Young Libs crack me up.

Finished Fall of Cybertron. It was awesome. Could have used some deeper melee combat (which it almost started to show when you got to play as Grimlock) but otherwise it was entirely awesome. I am a massive Transformers fan (who hasn't watched a Transformers TV for about 15 years) so I might be a bit biased, but whatever. Rad game. Heaps of fun. References the 1986 movie all the time. Recommended

Card Boy

Banned
Don't troll me as I ask this but where did season 7 of Doctor Who go from iView? It said there was like 10 days till expiry when I checked on Saturday....

Shaneus

Finished Fall of Cybertron. It was awesome. Could have used some deeper melee combat (which it almost started to show when you got to play as Grimlock) but otherwise it was entirely awesome. I am a massive Transformers fan (who hasn't watched a Transformers TV for about 15 years) so I might be a bit biased, but whatever. Rad game. Heaps of fun. References the 1986 movie all the time. Recommended

> War on Cybertron? Dorky Grimlock voice?

> War on Cybertron? Dorky Grimlock voice?

Didn't play it. But from everything I've heard it sounds like it. You play as a bunch of pretty different characters (sometimes two will have the same power but then they'll have different vehicle modes, like one will have a car and the other a jet so levels play pretty different) so it's not samey. Which was one of the biggest complaints people had with the first one wasn't it?

Grimlock sounds like Grimlock. Not the same voice as G1 Grimlock (I don't think) but it's pretty good. Metroplex and Bruticus are rad too. Optimus sounds fucking awesome as usual

Yagharek

Serious predictions:

Animal Crossing
MH4 demo date
Firmware update
GBA eShop downloads begin
New game announced for an old/classic franchise (Metroid, Zelda, or more likely something more obscure)

Gazzawa

Hopefully new Advance Wars or at least the GBA versions of Advance Wars.

Man I'll never forget the first time I played advance wars. One of the best if not the best pass and play multiplayer games.
3DS advance wars with online multiplayer would be awesome.

Shaneus

Didn't play it. But from everything I've heard it sounds like it. You play as a bunch of pretty different characters (sometimes two will have the same power but then they'll have different vehicle modes, like one will have a car and the other a jet so levels play pretty different) so it's not samey. Which was one of the biggest complaints people had with the first one wasn't it?

Grimlock sounds like Grimlock. Not the same voice as G1 Grimlock (I don't think) but it's pretty good. Metroplex and Bruticus are rad too. Optimus sounds fucking awesome as usual
Good enough. Now just have to wait for a Steam sale.

Yagharek

I'm not going to point and laugh at Vita owners, but I'll point and ask "wtf?" at Sony....

New firmware locks region swapping on memory cards. And people have lost all their saves on one of their accounts thanks to the lack of warning. Oh, Sony >.<

Its a real contrast to SDXC support on 3DS, even with region locking.

edit: $110 or so for a 32GB Vita memory card. My god.

Deeku

I'm not going to point and laugh at Vita owners, but I'll point and ask "wtf?" at Sony....

New firmware locks region swapping on memory cards. And people have lost all their saves on one of their accounts thanks to the lack of warning. Oh, Sony >.<

Its a real contrast to SDXC support on 3DS, even with region locking.

edit: $110 or so for a 32GB Vita memory card. My god.
It's not even that big a deal, but most people in that thread seem to think otherwise. I swear I remember Sony saying you can't have multiple accounts at the beginning, but people found an exploit, now Sony decides to fix it. Wtf, right???!

Losing saves does suck though, even if it only happens to a very small number of users.

I love how bored they look.

Did you see them on ABC news? The fresh responses to journos ranged from "no comment" to "actually Pulse stole OUR name".
I heard on the radio about a protest or something, people shouting and beating drums and what not lol. Or maybe it was just shouting, I forget.

Rezbit

Wow Andrew Strauss retired from all cricket. Damn good player and captain for England. Hopefully this doesn't mean Cook becomes even better with the captaincy D:

Jintor

Not much new in that Nintendo Direct besides Harmo Knights and a new Layton, but still pretty entertaining. And almost ludicrous amounts of Iwata.gif material.

Shaneus

PSOne launch screen is still the most orgasmic sound for me.
Not to sound anal, but was the PSOne one the same as the original PSX one? I never had the latter, so no idea. But more than any other video game sound, I always get the biggest rush of nostalgia from console startup sounds. Never really familiar with PS2, but PS1, DC, Mega CD, Saturn (not in that order) and down a bit further Xbox and 360... all about the memories.

Love the fact that I was so inspired by the blue DC swirl on startup and the console itself, that I was driven to mod the console with an ultrabright blue LED instead of the orange. Best mod ever.

Don't troll me as I ask this but where did season 7 of Doctor Who go from iView? It said there was like 10 days till expiry when I checked on Saturday....

Was watching ABC earlier and apparently Dr Who will go up almost directly after it airs in the UK on iview. 5.10am this Sunday morning AEST. I like this trend.

Dead Man

I know this is kinda old now, but pizza is an every time of the day food. Breakfast, lunch, dinner snacks. Hell it's like cereal.

<Wonders why she is a bachelor

It's better than cereal, it contains meat. And you are probably a bachelor because you live in the sticks :p

Dead Man

Had a major power outage just then, killed electricity to my whole street, including street signs. I took that as a sign to stop playing Guild Wars 2 so I'm checking out a Unity3d 2d plugin called Futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom