• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Oh man, tonight just got a whole lot better. Just remembered that yesterday, while buying a birthday present for the brother-in-law, I splurged on a little something for myself:
patron-xo-cafe.jpeg

Bottoms up!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Oh man, tonight just got a whole lot better. Just remembered that yesterday, while buying a birthday present for the brother-in-law, I splurged on a little something for myself:
patron-xo-cafe.jpeg

Bottoms up!
Ooh that looks interesting. What does it taste like? Tequila? Coffee liqueur? Both?

Shaneus

Anyone want a 50% off Saints Row 3 DLC coupon?
I'll swap you for a 75% off Portal 2 coupon!

No, I don't want it.

Ooh that looks interesting. What does it taste like? Tequila? Coffee liqueur? Both?
It's way closer to a liqueur than tequila. In fact, it's so fucking far away from tequila it's not funny. It has the consistency (from memory, it's been a LONG time) of something like black Sambuca.

Kirby102

So like I just heard them play Gangnam Style on 2DAY-FM ... it felt weird, they were saying gang-gam style. It put a smile on my face, then I shuddered in disgust that it's now caught on for 2 nights in a row so far on Australian Radio...

Also, I'm trying to get Telstra Cable Broadband but their website says that I can't. I have also called Foxtel and they said I can get Foxtel through Cable (which essentially uses the Telstra Cable Broadband). Not only that, the houses beside me and the house across my street are all able to get Cable Broadband but I can't. WHY. So much rage.

In other news, I got to play Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion today. It was pretty nice! I shall write up a preview sooooon.

Have you tried it? It's about as far away from tasting like alcohol as anything I can think of... yet, it's tequila!

I wonder if it'd mix with milk... I don't think I'm game enough to try.

No, have heard good things. Not much of a coffee fan though so would probably be wasted on me. Am keen to try their original, thought at $100 a bottle it could be a while.

Patron XO Cafe doesn't taste like real coffee. More like a sweet coffee liqueur you'd get in chocolates.

The regular tequila (least the silver I've tried) is pretty nice sipping tequila. Patron has a good name but it's real only a mid range one. Sort of like Belvedere vodka.

If you guys get to Mamasita or Touche Hombre in Melbourne, they have pretty nice tequila selections. Mamasita's is better.

I sent a very annoyed response to ArenaNet support. Hopefully they'll see reason in that their system of linking accounts to GW1 accounts should not have let me use one that was deactivated and/or without GW1 on it. I was told it was deactivated in a different support ticket for GW1. I'm annoyed

Yagharek

Dang, maybe I was thinking of Treasure as the one you like. My bad.

I recommend copious amounts of Red Rock Deli chips and Indomie Mi Goreng Original Flavour. Also Black Forest Cake. YUM.

I would love one but I don't have internet access to Steam yet :/

Treasure is indeed one of the greatest devs ever.

I just got a letter from the marvel collection people saying they were unable to bill me for the first installment... which I received over two weeks ago. Maybe next time bill before you dispatch.
Dodo haven't even gotten the phone connected yet :/

5 days and counting since I authorised them...
Taking their sweet time while they take your sweet money.

I'm looking for a cheap program that will allow me to easily import data from multiple excel spreadsheets and be able to sort through all of the combined data in various ways

Excel does it it but not in a way that allows me to flip through various views easily. i don't need calculations or anything so I'm thinking I need a database app. suggestions?

Jintor

Half my internet is broken, a whole bunch of images across a variety of sites just aren't loading, although the only site that I actually can't access seems to be Facebook.

Fusebox

Banned
Half my internet is broken, a whole bunch of images across a variety of sites just aren't loading, although the only site that I actually can't access seems to be Facebook.

TPG?

I haven't been able to browse international sites all morning, it just got fixed then.

Jintor

Yeah, gaf pictures are back but the dns still can't find facebook. Oh well, I guess I'll actually work on a thing then.

r1chard

So SmartBuses in Melbourne appear to be getting all wired up... one I was on last night (for 5 minutes, not long enough to really investigate) had a TV screen hanging from the ceiling which appeared to show some ads and a map (not located where the bus was, oddly) ... and then I realised there was free wifi on the bus. Huh. Again, didn't get a chance to try it out...

So SmartBuses in Melbourne appear to be getting all wired up... one I was on last night (for 5 minutes, not long enough to really investigate) had a TV screen hanging from the ceiling which appeared to show some ads and a map (not located where the bus was, oddly) ... and then I realised there was free wifi on the bus. Huh. Again, didn't get a chance to try it out...

Free wifi on a bus? Seems like a terrible idea. Will never be able to get a seat now with everyone "writing" their great Australian novel on there. Even Maccas here is lousy with them :/

Jintor

Does anybody know if ukeleles are one size fits all? This fucking thing is tiny, and I played violin for seven years, so either my hands are now giant hammerhands or ukeleles are fucking small as hell.

r1chard

Free wifi on a bus? Seems like a terrible idea. Will never be able to get a seat now with everyone "writing" their great Australian novel on there. Even Maccas here is lousy with them :/
I reckon it's a pretty clever move. The SmartBus service is more frequent than regular services, and runs some very long routes (the longest being the Frankston to Tullamarine one which takes about an hour and a half if you go all the way.) I think adding wifi could boost patronage on the commuting buses running from the 'burbs along the Eastern freeway where there's still a helluva lot of people driving solo in their cars... we'll see...

Deeku

Exactly my thoughts when I finished it. You could always look for my crappy little 3 screen level :p
Will do! Haven't actually looked at any community levels yet, so hope there's some cool stuff up.

Jintor said:
Does anybody know if ukeleles are one size fits all? This fucking thing is tiny, and I played violin for seven years, so either my hands are now giant hammerhands or ukeleles are fucking small as hell.
The ones I've seen are pretty tiny. Like, smaller than those plastic video game guitars!

What you doin with a ukelele? Writing a hawaiian ballad for a guuuuurrrrrrrrrrll?

Ukelele is more about small changes in melody rather than playing chords so it works well with small, soft movements. Got the little guy started on one since he just plucks guitar strings towards himself rather than across the guitar :/

Bully Scholarship Edition is only $15 on 360 download service! The dude who ran this went on to make Sleeping Dogs! Really fun game, had a lot of fun with it on PS2. New minigames for the 360 version were terrible though.

Waiting for DHL.

Can't go out.

No food in house.

This is how I die, AusGAF.

Pizza Delivery Moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom