• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Nexus 3 being sold out so fast is annoying and the 3 week wait for the next stock is extra annoying. I might get impatient and buy an S3 or an iPhone 5 during that time.

Hey guys hoping you can help bring a game to Steam.

Primordia is the new game published by Wadjet Eye Games, developers of The Blackwell series as well as publishers of Resonance and Gemini Rue.

With the change from Steam approving smaller indie games such as this, they have been told to go through Greenlight. They are off to a great start but every vote will help show Steam that they never should have thrown the quality wheat out with the unproven chaff. High quality adventure games aren't a dime a dozen these days so it would be fantastic for Steam to reconsider forcing them through Greenlight when they have already proven there is an audience for the games (considering the game already has tons of previews, videos and proof it is finished and is great).

BACK TO OUR REGULAR PROGRAMMING

Prototype 2 Collectors Editions from OzGameShop

blackwatch-collectors-edition.jpg
360 version is $31, PS3 version is $32

Ydahs

Looks like EB is having a Wii U midnight launch. Facebook says stores will open 10pm on the 29th. Does that mean I can buy it at that time or do I actually have to wait until midnight?

Ydahs

What are the chances of getting a wiiu by just walking in?

Probably depends on where you live. I'm 10 minutes away from a shopping centre with an EB, JB, Big W, Target and Harvey Norman so the chances of not finding one at launch are incredibly low.

Plus there doesn't seem to be much hype surrounding it so unless the shipment numbers are pathetically low or you're buying it from the city, you should be fine I reckon.

Clipper

Board games tomorrow, yay! Don't forget to set those alarms, guys...

Holycheck's board games day:
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2012
Time: 10:00AM
Place: Clipper's place in Randwick. Details available by via PM for attendees.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Holycheck, Jintor, Rahk

shanshan310's dinner/drinks:
Date: Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: Meeting outside the entrance to Wharf 6 at Circular Quay. Then likely going to Hokkaido Japanese Restaurant (basement of 20 Loftus St) for Dinner, then over to one of a few places in The Rocks to get something to drink.
Attendees: Choc, Clipper, Danoss, Jintor, Rahk, shanshan310

Shaneus

Hey guys hoping you can help bring a game to Steam.

Primordia is the new game published by Wadjet Eye Games, developers of The Blackwell series as well as publishers of Resonance and Gemini Rue.

With the change from Steam approving smaller indie games such as this, they have been told to go through Greenlight. They are off to a great start but every vote will help show Steam that they never should have thrown the quality wheat out with the unproven chaff. High quality adventure games aren't a dime a dozen these days so it would be fantastic for Steam to reconsider forcing them through Greenlight when they have already proven there is an audience for the games (considering the game already has tons of previews, videos and proof it is finished and is great).

BACK TO OUR REGULAR PROGRAMMING

Prototype 2 Collectors Editions from OzGameShop

360 version is $31, PS3 version is $32
Not until Pinball Arcade gets Greenlit first :p

Also, I scored Proto 2 cheap on Amazon for PC, but that seems like a good deal for an above-mediocre game. That reminds me... if anyone wants a Steam code for the first Prototype (yourself included, rep) lemme know.

Jintor

arggggggggggggggggggggggggggh 10am whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I cowered in the doorway of an Indian restaurant with a Fijian couple. The wind blowing stuff everywhere was a bit sketchy.

And dat lightning.

The lightning was pretty cool erm.. from inside.

I was watching a playthrough of a horror game and the power went out and everything was dark ;.;

I am moderately hyped for Wii U.

I enjoyed the Wii a lot more than seems to be the norm amongst GAFers and have more games for it than my PS3 and 360 combined though so yeah.

Kritz

Banned
Absolutely zero interest in nintendo's new console. I'll be interesting in watching how people react in terms of mutliplatform comparisons, and I love a good console war, but as a PC guy I'm strictly on the sidelines for now.

I'll be a bit more interested next year. At least then we might see some graphical leaps in games.

Shaneus

Everyone here, if they game on PC, needs to get onto SweetFX (and RadeonPro if you have an ATI card). It's like having the ability to tweak photo-related settings (like exposure, colour, tint, sepia etc.) but for every single game. So good.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Everyone here, if they game on PC, needs to get onto SweetFX (and RadeonPro if you have an ATI card). It's like having the ability to tweak photo-related settings (like exposure, colour, tint, sepia etc.) but for every single game. So good.

Yes, Didn't I tell you about it? I've also been crapping on about it in steam chat.

Shaneus

I've known about it for a while, but there are more and more people starting to use it in the high-res PC thread. Figured I should give it more of a crack now that RadeonPro has full per-profile settings for it.

markot

Banned
Residents in southern Queensland are being urged to bunker down with the Bureau of Meteorology warning a massive storm is approaching.

4377838-3x2-700x467.gif

BLOPS 2 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than BLOPS thankfully. Only a few irritating things in the campaign so far, lots of nice new things to change it up too which is great.

Still probably won't ever touch MP though.

I think the standing so far would be;

COD2 > MW3 = BLOPS2 > COD > MW1 > BLOPS >> MW2 >>>> COD5WW > COD3

markot

Banned
BLOPS 2 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than BLOPS thankfully. Only a few irritating things in the campaign so far, lots of nice new things to change it up too which is great.

COD2 > MW3 = BLOPS2 > COD > MW1 > BLOPS >> MW2 >>>> COD5 > COD3

Why would you buy them for single player >.< they are terrrrrrrrible.

Dead Man

COD2 > MW3 = BLOPS2 > COD > MW1 > BLOPS >> MW2 >>>> COD5 > COD3

Your lack of WaW is disappointing. Still the best post COD2 iteration.

COD2 > MW3 = BLOPS2 > COD > MW1 > BLOPS >> MW2 >>>> COD5WW > COD3

Just wrapped up BLOPS 2 actually. Really dug the single player stuff. Probably my favourite since COD2, really.

Shaneus

I get the feeling I should own a CoD on PC. But whenever they're on sale, I quickly remember that every time I try playing an FPS, I get into it for a bit then it gets added to the pile (hi ODST).

Gazunta

I've had my first do nothing day in weeks today. Bliss. Played some video games, set up my new store, and now drawing more comics. God damn is this good comic drawing weather.

If you like Rollercoaster Tycoon, give Coaster Crazy a burl - by the original devs, and it's free, so hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom