• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fOgtb.gif
Happy birthday dude!

So apparently there's a Day 1 update for the WiiU that's around 5GB.

Good god. That's bloody insane.

Jesus. Come on Nintendo. I'm still interested, but I think I'll wait until there are more games that make use of it all properly. Note I said this almost exact same thing about Kinect and I still don't own one.

I imagine its copping flack in the hardware review thread but that Verge review seemed pretty even handed to me. Talked about a fair few positives but was fair in it's issues.

OS update so it overwrites the original OS as you download, doesn't take up any extra room (does brick your console if you turn it off or power is disconnected during download).

Christ. I might hold off until it comes preloaded. I don't trust my internet to download 5 gig without dropping out. I mean I'm pretty sure it'd be fine, but that's pretty terrifying for a $400+ investment

This storm is intense. Just hitting Ipswich now and coming from the south, BrisGAF on the western suburbs should probably get ready. And as I type this it's calmed right down.

I really didn't get the Sleeping Dogs love. I thought it was just a boring GTA with basic melee and a bland world.

Considering the huge amount of moves I was pulling off by the end of the game I find that a strange complaint. It had similar depth to Arkham City in that respect but with different moves rather than gadgets.

ALSO WHY YOU NO WANT PORK BUN, YOU NO MANNNNNN?
Also the arguing couples randomly scattered throughout the city were entertaining enough for me to sit there and smile before heading off to the next bunch of bozos to flying kick to the face.

Shaneus

So apparently there's a Day 1 update for the WiiU that's around 5GB.

Good god. That's bloody insane.
When does that thing actually come out? Because the smart thing to do would be for Nintendo to mass manufacture a fuckton of DVDs with the update on it, give it away to every customer when they buy one.

Actually, are they DVDs? I don't even know what format that thing uses. I do know that it'll likely become pretty restrictive if it's <9gb.

Also rep, just watched S04E03 of The League, Raffi makes an appearance ^_^

Considering the huge amount of moves I was pulling off by the end of the game I find that a strange complaint. It had similar depth to Arkham City in that respect but with different moves rather than gadgets.

ALSO WHY YOU NO WANT PORK BUN, YOU NO MANNNNNN?
Also the arguing couples randomly scattered throughout the city were entertaining enough for me to sit there and smile before heading off to the next bunch of bozos to flying kick to the face.

Maybe basic was the wrong word. Simple? I don't know, I just didn't find the fighting that fun. The city was the worst part for me though. Everything was so samey. Normally in open world games I'll know most of the city after a couple of days, but in Sleeping Dogs the whole place looked identical. 6/10

markot

Banned
So wii u launch was a total disaster that ripped a black hole in the space time vortex white dwarf?!

Also, the demo for that virtue game was fun on the 3ds. Buuuuuuuuuut, I have to skip cause you guys said the 3ds version will give my handheld aidsery canceritus.

Maybe basic was the wrong word. Simple? I don't know, I just didn't find the fighting that fun. The city was the worst part for me though. Everything was so samey. Normally in open world games I'll know most of the city after a couple of days, but in Sleeping Dogs the whole place looked identical. 6/10
Racist

Happy birthday, Ventron! Good job on using the image.

I would rather Steam have no achievements at all than not properly flag them as being unlocked. Finished Darksiders today, but no achievement (it's also missing achievements I had to have in order to have later ones). Was online when achieving the achievement. Feel cheated.

Ningo

So I am having major buyers remorse, I was in a fuck it all mood last night and spent $180 on stupid swtor packs.

Yeah I know, the kicker is I'm the guy who usually goes I can't believe people spend money on shit like that, diablo 3 items etc.

I was bored to death and I had some 'complementary' coins and I guess I enjoyed the kick from opening the packs.

Keep trying to compare it to a usual night out pissing more than that up against a wall, but It's not helping.

I'm not short of cash at the moment so it isn't really a big issue, just really dumb and gonna bug me for a bit. :/

So, I've finally finished Sleeping Dogs. It might be my GOTY. Maybe.

probably

Glad you enjoyed it. Had so much fun with it. I really loved the handling of the driving and the combat. After I finished it I reinstalled gta4 and my god I can't turn a corner without sliding sideways and crashing.

hamchan

So I am having major buyers remorse, I was in a fuck it all mood last night and spent $180 on stupid swtor packs.

Yeah I know, the kicker is I'm the guy who usually goes I can't believe people spend money on shit like that, diablo 3 items etc.

I was bored to death and I had some 'complementary' coins and I guess I enjoyed the kick from opening the packs.

Keep trying to compare it to a usual night out pissing more than that up against a wall, but It's not helping.

I'm not short of cash at the moment so it isn't really a big issue, just really dumb and gonna bug me for a bit. :/

Holy crap!

That's like a one year subscriptions worth you just spent in one night!

The F2P model does work!

$60 worth of PSN credit for $50 from DSE
1TB portable drive for $98 at Harvey Norman? Not terrible? Suitable for a WiiU?

Rep: You up to date with The League yet? Episode 6 of the new season is suuuuuper dope.
Not feeling this season. Feels a little over the top and there is always a few moments each episode that make me cringe and close VLC. That latest one is pretty solid though!

Sooooo where the fuck is Alpha Centari? I had some cool shit going up there.

It'll be a good reminder in the future when you feel like spending more than $80 on a game. You will stop and think, "Do I want another TOR moment?" To which you will respond, "Fuck nope."

Hey i preordered a wii u.

But you spent money on TOR!

Hey, remember the time i tried to renew my XBL sub with a cheap pre paid card but because the credit card on file had expired, it wouldnt let me put in the pre paid card without putting in a valid credit card first and then charged the card for a full year sub as well as the prepaid code?

Well yooooou spent 180 on TOR!

There was the one time that I preordered Driver 3

But yoooooou spent 180 on TOR!

you sir, are, what they call a whale. Zynga wants your email.

Etc.

Thats my gaming confessions done. If you enjoy the game, then whatever floats your landspeeder is fine, ningo.

Hey, remember the time i tried to renew my XBL sub with a cheap pre paid card but because the credit card on file had expired, it wouldnt let me put in the pre paid card without putting in a valid credit card first and then charged the card for a full year sub as well as the prepaid code?

Well yooooou spent 180 on TOR!

Whelp that was enough to give me a heartattack and quickly check when my Live runs out (December thankfully) and that my card is disconnected (thankfully) despite going through this same FUCK FUCK FUCK moment every 3 months.

Because I also had a similar thing happen to me, result in this stingy little fucker PAYING FULL PRICE FOR SOMETHING o_O

On that note is $41 for 12 months the cheapest XBL Gold around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom