• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

You got your STAR approach answers ready??!

You'll be fine, you probably won't even need that. Just be yourself. OH and you should probably get a good night's rest!

Also, D: @ video. I probably wouldn't know what to do if I was in a similar situation.

You would probably do more than look indignantly like they are trying to invade your personal space.

midonnay

wow, mirabella was like "hmmmm whats this fella up to?" :O

and then greg combet does his clark kent act again and swoops to the rescue...

Kritz

Banned
Alrighty, my arse is in gold coast. Did you guys not get the hint that it's the middle of winter? 20 degrees what the fuck.

Jintor

Man, I should probably have gone to bed like an hour ago. WHATEVER. Instead I am reading a line by line legal dissection of '99 Problems' as it applies in the state of New Jersey. Fascinating stuff. (Not sarcastic)

midonnay

Headlines tomorrow: Carbon tax raises cost of breathing. First Victim Get up founder.

ps: from twitter

Just watched Simon Sheikh's collapse again on #qanda. Argument 4 more first aid training. Everybody just rubbed his tummy like he was Buddha

true dat..... >_>

Jintor

I've been meaning to take a first aid course for like a year now...

I don't really hold Mirabella's reaction against her, it's human nature to not immediately assume the worst of things, especially when you've no real training to help, and she looked like she had no clue what was happening. It sure was a funny vidfeed though.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I've been meaning to take a first aid course for like a year now...

I don't really hold Mirabella's reaction against her, it's human nature to not immediately assume the worst of things, especially when you've no real training to help, and she looked like she had no clue what was happening. It sure was a funny vidfeed though.

pshhhhh

man got hit by a car infront of me in my first 3 hours in london. (H) jumped into the thick of it, barking orders to people standing around like scared kittens.

LIKE A BAWS.

ended up having to call his wife, and the ambos AND get the dude to lay still as i applied pressure to his head wounds while everyone else stood around freaking out. smh.

Shaneus

Man, I should probably have gone to bed like an hour ago. WHATEVER. Instead I am reading a line by line legal dissection of '99 Problems' as it applies in the state of New Jersey. Fascinating stuff. (Not sarcastic)
Link. Now.

Also, thread title change. Yesterday.

Clipper

OK, can people chime in to confirm whether they are still coming and at what times they will be there? This is so we'll know when to move on and not leave you behind. I'll be there at 5:30 (and likely a little earlier given bus timings from out my way, apparently).

BrisGAF
Date: Tuesday, 3rd of July
Starting Time: 5:30PM
Venue: Grill'd et al. (meet at Central)
Organiser: shanshan310

Confirmed: Kritz*, Clipper*, shanshan310*, Marshmellow*, Gazunta* (6:30-), viciouskillersquirrel* + waifu, Rlan (6:00-)
Probable: Fallbackpants, ClivePwned, CrazedProfessional, Bodyboarder
*Have reconfirmed today

Meet at 5:30pm at Central Station around the corner from the ticketing station (on the ATM side, not the news agents / Maccas side). There is a bench there across from the shoe repair / key cutter place that will sit several people comfortably that's hardly ever crowded. Transport info.

For people meeting at 5:30, here's the pics:

Shoe Repairs:
photo-118.jpg

Bench:
photo-119.jpg

Also, I'll just apologise for the shakiness of the shoe repairs pic, but I wanted to take it quickly as it felt really weird taking photos just outside the entrance to a train station...

Gazunta

Which Grill'd are we talking about guys?

I'll be there about oh 6:30 i guess. Gotta drive up from the coast and find somewhere to park in this godforsaken city. Don't wait for me :p

Kritz

Banned
I am aiming to get into the city early for a dick around. So I'll be there early assuming I don't die / get lost. I figure I might leave burleigh heads around noon. Estimated arrival is about 2:30, then I'll check into my hotel and from there, who knows.

We will be at the riverside Grill'd, Gaz. A few streets south of central station.

Kritz

Banned
(Quoting from the previous page but I felt this needed to dealt with)

Fucking Yes!

Love that stuff

If you're talking about the black forest chocolate, I concur completely. It is the second best cheapo chocolate in supermarkets.

First being the (older) kit kat cookies and creme bars.

Rlan

Reconfirming, but yeah -- won't be there till around 6:30, once I get out of work and into the city. Should I just meet you guys at Grill'd?

Flights booked to Japan for three weeks in October. YES.

Anyone know if I can get a prepaid SIM with Internet for my Galaxy Nexus?

Omi, I'd be interested, but I don't know if it's my sort of game. Is there a demo?

r1chard

If you're talking about the black forest chocolate, I concur completely. It is the second best cheapo chocolate in supermarkets.
It's the only thing I'll eat at the same rapid speed as Green & Black's milk chocolate. For some reason that stuff just vanishes near me.

Flights booked to Japan for three weeks in October. YES.

Anyone know if I can get a prepaid SIM with Internet for my Galaxy Nexus?
I'm thoroughly jealous. You can usually just pick up a prepaid data SIM in any random country at a 7-11 or similar store. They're everywhere. Just remember to take your passport when you buy it as ID is almost always needed.

Shaneus

First being the (older) kit kat cookies and creme bars.
No. It's actually the new "jelly crunchie bits" "Marvellous Creations" one. They would've scored extra points if they called it "Bizarre Creations", but there you go.

He's right though, it needs to change. You can introduce it properly and make it clear that it's happening and you won't see punch ups every week.
Out of context, I thought this was about the thread title :(

You just don't get it. Trying to bring Community into this just makes it worse D:<

Kritz

Banned
No. It's actually the new "jelly crunchie bits" "Marvellous Creations" one. They would've scored extra points if they called it "Bizarre Creations", but there you go.

I'll believe it's better than black forest when hell freezes over!

Black forest is red jelly things and chocolate biscuit, inside dairy milk chocolate.

I'm thoroughly jealous. You can usually just pick up a prepaid data SIM in any random country at a 7-11 or similar store. They're everywhere. Just remember to take your passport when you buy it as ID is almost always needed.
Yeah, I've bought them before in other countries, but not so sure about compatibility with Japan's network, or the best one to go with, or one that's good value etc.

Still on for tonight, I'll meet you guys at central. Boyfriend!? may make a guest appearance, but we shall see I guess.
Why the oddly placed question marks? If it's still early days, maybe hold onto him closely. Obviously, the risk is that he might take one look at Gaz and decide that he too wants to partake in some giant space lesbianism.

Yeah, I've bought them before in other countries, but not so sure about compatibility with Japan's network, or the best one to go with, or one that's good value etc.
I was under the impression that foreigners can't buy prepaid SIMs in Japan. It was an organised crime fighting measure or some such.

Had the strangest dream last night, mainly because I very rarely dream. Maybe because we had a child free night and my mind could be at ease.
We had an AusGAF meetup at an imaginery location in Geelong. I remember Shaneus and Omi at the least. We drank beers and then went to a tucked away little cafe that I discovered did awesome junky food as well as sell old issues of PCPP for like 94c.
Was strange.

Your beard more than makes up for it!

Yo, I have a Crusader Kings II steam key. Anyone here who wants it AND likely to play the game?
Want? Yes. Likely to TRY to play? Yes. Likely to do well? No saddly. If no-one else wants it I would likely do a series of posts about how inept my lineage turns out and how there is too much shit for my brain to comprehend at the one time. Also complaining about the lack of war elephants and camels.

EDIT: me so slowpoke

Shaneus

I'll believe it's better than black forest when hell freezes over!

Black forest is red jelly things and chocolate biscuit, inside dairy milk chocolate.
Hm. I think this might be identical, but with bits of Crunchie rather than biscuit. Honeycomb>Oreo (or whatever).

Got a call at 7am from the sister-in-law saying we had to take our son back lol
Lasted one night at least! Just wouldn't sleep and was calling for us. Probably didn't help that she let him play with her kids until 8:30pm last night.

Yeah Amazon sale!

Max Payne 3 for $30
Spec Ops The Line for $25
The Darkness 2 for $12.50
Crusader Knights 2 for $10

It's the only thing I'll eat at the same rapid speed as Green & Black's milk chocolate. For some reason that stuff just vanishes near me.
Yeah! That chocolate is pretty damn good. I think the no frills packaging is what stops it being the big impulse buy when I think of chocolate (which isn't very often). Tastes damn fine, up there with Lindt at its best.

Shaneus

Got a call at 7am from the sister-in-law saying we had to take our son back lol
Lasted one night at least! Just wouldn't sleep and was calling for us. Probably didn't help that she let him play with her kids until 8:30pm last night.

Yeah Amazon sale!

Max Payne 3 for $30
Spec Ops The Line for $25
The Darkness 2 for $12.50
Crusader Knights 2 for $10

Yeah! That chocolate is pretty damn good. I think the no frills packaging is what stops it being the big impulse buy when I think of chocolate (which isn't very often). Tastes damn fine, up there with Lindt at its best.
Damn. MP3 cheap. Spec Ops (prior to yesterday, had not heard of AT ALL) for cheap.

Shit.

I should try and not buy anything at least until Sleeping Dogs gets released for PC around mid-August. That won't happen, but I can at least try.

r1chard

Given that the Nexus is sold in Japan I'd say its radios will work fine in Japan.

As for buying the SIM in Japan, here's some notes.

I'd usually plug the company I work for (we make a global roaming prepaid SIM) but our data rates in Japan are horrendous until we negotiate a better rate, and that's apparently a tricky proposition :-(

I know for phones you need a Japanese address, and they use something called usim. It doesn't seem to look any different to a regular sim, but my Japanese phone only reads that (my optus sim is region incompatible). I have no idea if this is helpful, since you should be able to buy a sim from a convenience store. If you can get it, softbank is probably the best company if you're just calling people within Japan. Something like 300¥ for unlimited texting on prepaid.

Shaneus

Did you get in on that Sleeping Dogs deal on GMG Shaneus? Worked out to be $30 after trading in the free game!

GOG Goodness!
Another World for $4!
Little Big Adventure for $3.60!
Sure did! That was the one where I thought I missed out on the deal but didn't, wasn't it? Or something like that? Either way, yeah, I traded in that WW1 game for $5 and got it for a little over (or under?) $30.

Edit: When did Choc say that? I doubt I wouldn't enjoy it anyway... I did kind of enjoy the True Crime games, so I'm safe in that regard. And besides... crappy open world games are still pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom