• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just came back home and found out my PS3 just broke fuuuuuuu. My dad is going get a new 80gb model with 8-9 games and 4 controllers for $280 though. I think, not completely sure.

Checked my local EB games for theaterhythm and none of them had it.>_>

Carrying on from AusGAF 6's stats post, here are some more stats:

AusGAF 5
110 days (14th Nov 2011 - 3rd March 2012)
181.42 posts per day
181 unique posters (23 posted 1 time, 20 posted 2 times, 13 posted 3 times, 11 posted 4 times, 7 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 6
120 days (3rd March 2012 - 1st July 2012)
159.89 posts per day
167 unique posters (34 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 8 posted 4 times, 5 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

Posts by day of the week (note that Wednesday and Friday have fallen off, to be replaced with more weekend posting):
L2QEH.jpg

Posts by hour of the day (note during the day there's less posting but more in the evening -- times were adjusted to GMT+10):
V0YdK.jpg

Almost forgot to include comparison of some selected words (note that this is only from the first 255 characters of any post):
7fnZD.jpg

Mid way through AusGAF 6 I predicted the final number of posts for the top 10 posters at the time, based on their posts from the first half of the thread. It didn't work out well:
ckkhk.jpg

Jintor

Then come to Brisgaf :D There's still 4 hours, you can make it!

How'd the interview go?

Eh, no idea.

First question the guy asked me was 'what law subjects did you do this semester' and I totally mindblanked, but the rest of the interview seemed alright. I don't know though... okay for my first interview, I didn't flip out or anything.

Man, publishing is so much easier, lol. Probably why it pays like it does.

Deeku

Stats are the best! Cods what about that forecast thingo you did? I want a comparison!

I'm pretty sure I missed my post count estimates by a lot, share price tanking as we speak!

No way that Xbox gets precisely 86 mentions in both threads.
It's only from the first 255 characters of each post, so I don't see why not. I actually ran the queries twice to make sure because it seemed coincidental to me as well.

Stats are the best! Cods what about that forecast thingo you did? I want a comparison!
I'd love to do a comparison, but I couldn't find the original!

Edit: Found the original, updated the other post.

Salazar

http://www.smh.com.au/world/papa-calls-the-shots-at-camp-romney-20120702-21dbj.html

WASHINGTON: Surrounded by his five sons, their wives and 18 grandchildren, Mitt Romney will preside over his own family version of the Olympics at his $8 million New Hampshire estate this week.

The ferociously competitive games are a series of wholesome American contests that embody the Republican presidential challenger's tastes for tough competition and organised fun.

At a minimum, all adult members of the clan are expected to take part in a mini-triathlon of running, cycling and swimming. But after nearly losing to a daughter-in-law who had given birth just two months before, the 65-year-old Mr Romney expanded the games in an effort to compensate for his advancing age.

brb, retching at forced patrician ritualism.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Some guy in my area was selling a 80gb ps3 with all the COD games (except for modern warfare 3), WWE smackdown vs raw, 4 controllers, a ps3 remote, sonic megadrive ultimate collection, star wars forced unleashed, duke nukem forever all for $270 AUD - my dad conveniently snatched it up.. while I paid for it.:lol

So I'm not PS3-less anymore.>_>

Kritz

Banned
Booked into the hotel room. It's nice. Pretty big, nice tv, cable, king sized bed. I could probably live in a place like this, if it wasn't $200 a day lol.

Twice as good as the place I stayed on the gold coast last night. The swell resort is a fuckin bummer to be around, man.

I had some nice Chinese food (finally!) in a food court just down the hill from central. Also ordered an espresso from one of the coffee shops (with signs bragging about their coffee), though they seemed baffled that anyone would actually want a short black, which is just a 30ml shot of espresso, over something like a long black or a latte. Some coffee shop. I guess they just wanted to make sure I knew what a short black was, and wasn't just reading words off my phone.

There are so many people in the CBD. Like, what on earth. I only crossed about five roads and saw more people in those 10 minutes than I've seen people this entire year.

I might check out the little strip outside the hotel, grab another coffee, lounge about for a bit and then head back up to central.

Choc

Banned
40 bucks for Windows 8 is all kinds of awesome when you think about it

Apple be warned

Now does it make sense for Microsoft to buy Activision? ;)

Clipper

There are so many people in the CBD. Like, what on earth. I only crossed about five roads and saw more people in those 10 minutes than I've seen people this entire year.
Mate, I sometimes feel Brisbane is to Hobart as Sydney is to Brisbane, so if you ever decide to complete the AusGAF Grand Slam, be prepared for a LOT of people.

On that point, seeing as both of us will join shanshan on the 3/4 position tonight, I wonder which one of us will complete the Grand Slam first...

Clipper

The grand slam being Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane? or meeting all the aus-gaffers.

I love it.

Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane-Tasmania. And sorry, I was wrong. We aren't joining you. We're surpassing you... Kritz and I will both be making a Trifecta tonight.

I got confused with the other statistic that both you and I are doing three consecutive meetups within a week of each other. AusGAF Hat Tricks perhaps...

Kritz

Banned
The grand slam being Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane? or meeting all the aus-gaffers.

I love it.

Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane :p

Clipper hasn't done Melbourne, I haven't done Sydney, you haven't done Hobart. Assuming we all make it tonight.

Edit: I was wrong apparently :D

Also, sal, I walked past pulp fiction. I thought, "oh, that's a wanky name for a shop. Ooo, food court."
You work there or something?

Spec Ops seems to be taking the psychological angle that I expect Far Cry 3 to take. Very full on stuff and the combat is actually not too bad once you get 4 chapters into the game. The impressive thing is the game world they have created, insanely impressive at times. Reminds me a lot of levels like the Cruise ship in Uncharted 3. Overall enjoying a it a lot! I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone though, I'm playing more for the story and the setting than for the gameplay, without a doubt.

No steam sale again
Starts on Thursday silly!

Hey Choc, you said Win8 pricing was going to be interesting? http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/...07/02/upgrade-to-windows-8-pro-for-39-99.aspx

$40 and you can upgrade from XP. "In 131 markets" so I assume that means us too. I might skip buying Technet and just get a couple of those.
That is a damn good price! Very impressed again Microsoft, being very aggressive.

Anyone seen cheap XBLive subs around? Mine expires on August 1st.
$46 for 14 months. Amazon has had $35 for 12 months a few times in the past but currently $49.

AusGAF 7 - Now with 10.62% less shit
EatChildren PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this the thread title!

Choc

Banned
eb site has theat in stock

maybe retailers didnt order much thinking it would bomb

self fulfilling prophecy idiots

Jintor

Great, now that I don't have something crazy and stressful looming imminently I'm feeling lost and confused again. Going to finish up Firefly tonight, take a jog tomorrow morning, and make up a goal I guess.

Oh... and grab Theatrhythm and Spec Ops.

Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane :p

Clipper hasn't done Melbourne, I haven't done Sydney, you haven't done Hobart. Assuming we all make it tonight.

Edit: I was wrong apparently :D

Also, sal, I walked past pulp fiction. I thought, "oh, that's a wanky name for a shop. Ooo, food court."
You work there or something?

Poor ankh. Nobody remembers Perth-GAF.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
eb site has theat in stock

maybe retailers didnt order much thinking it would bomb

self fulfilling prophecy idiots

Mmm, a bit worried about that, as the guy at my EB games said there nothing in the database about the game or it's release date.

Jintor

God, I can barely spell it. Theatrhythm, right? May as well just ask them to pull up a list of Squeenix games instead.

Choc

Banned
Jint eb site says

George street, Gallaries, North Sydney, Chatswood, Hornsby, Castle Hill, St Ives, Macquarie Centre

have it in stock

Jintor

Sweet. I'll hit up Chatty on my way home.

Should've hit up the Gallaries or George Street on my way back from the city but wasn't thinking straight...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
are tehy spelling it right

my eb guys knew what i was talking about

Yeah all I asked was do you have the new final fantasy rhythm game for 3DS?

They might have been spelling it incorrectly, as I had a hard time finding it on their website.;p

Deeku

If you read how it's written in japanese, it almost passes as Seattle Rhythm lol!

Also, when you guys get it I need to know if it's decent from a non ff music loving perspective.

Choc

Banned
both westfield and chatswood chase jint have it you should be sweet

deek imo it does not require you to know the music to like and enjoy this game if you like rhythm games

knowing the music is just the cherry on top

Jintor

If you read how it's written in japanese, it almost passes as Seattle Rhythm lol!

Also, when you guys get it I need to know if it's decent from a non ff music loving perspective.

The demo was fucking ace, but it did have the two songs I know well. But still, I think mechanically it's very sound.

Urgh part of me wants to punch myself for buying another game at launch prices... if the year goes as it's been going I'll be on emergency money by next payday again. :|

Gonna have to ration my spending, any tips to watch myself? I think I'll probably be able to save a fairly substantial amount just by not eating out for a while.

Choc

Banned
The demo was fucking ace, but it did have the two songs I know well. But still, I think mechanically it's very sound.

Urgh part of me wants to punch myself for buying another game at launch prices... if the year goes as it's been going I'll be on emergency money by next payday again. :|

Gonna have to ration my spending, any tips to watch myself? I think I'll probably be able to save a fairly substantial amount just by not eating out for a while.

come on, $47 for a new 3ds game is pretty good tbh

Jintor

come on, $47 for a new 3ds game is pretty good tbh

It's generally why I don't really pick up handheld/console games until they're like three or four years old, but it's never really an option with these kinds of games. And, y'know, I want it now. (If I were smart I would've waiting for Lollipop Chainsaw to drop, but again, I needed it then and there)

It's also another reason I love PC gaming.

Seriously though... I like being laissez-faire about money, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that I am fucking terrible at budgeting.

Deeku

Gah why did I import my 3ds, it's so much easier to grab stuff locally!

Speaking of rhythm games, is Rhythm Heaven Wii supposed to be out soon? Like, weren't we getting the superior version with both audio tracks or something??!

Seriously though... I like being laissez-faire about money, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that I am fucking terrible at budgeting.
Land that legal job and then you can buy whatever whenever!

Some of the DS games never drop in price.

Gah why did I import my 3ds, it's so much easier to grab stuff locally!

Speaking of rhythm games, is Rhythm Heaven Wii supposed to be out soon? Like, weren't we getting the superior version with both audio tracks or something??!

Land that legal job and then you can buy whatever whenever!

3DS is region locked isn't it? That sure seems like it would make it a pain =/ Where'd you import it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom