• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

If I suffer a momentary lapse of resolve and purchase GTA5 tomorrow, I will be procuring it for the Sony Personal Computer Entertainment System.

jambo

So who is getting gta5 on console in here and if so, what console are you getting it on.

Quick list so we can maybe play online when it launches.

PS3

PSN is jambowned

Netflix talk:

I have recently started watching Star Trek: Next Gen from Season 1, which I finsihed on the weekend. Then started season 2.... and holy shit the upgrades all over the place.

Riker now has a beard.
Wil Wheaten has a semi-proper unifrom.
The special effects have been significantly upgraded.
Whoopi Goldberg appeared out of nowhere.

Whoopi was a huge fan of Star Trek and wanted to be on the show. The producers said they couldn't add another main character to the show and she said she'd be fine sweeping the floors or tending a bar, so they made Ten Forward.

Also, you should really check out TNG on Blu-ray, it looks amazing.

PS3 for me too.

I'm itching to buy it off the US psn store but it's so much better to have the physical disc that I can sell on gumtree after completing the game. Don't see myself playing the story more than once, and gta mp isn't something that will keep me hooked for too long.

Fusebox

Banned
Here's my idea for the final scene of BB:

Everyone is lying dead on the ground after a mass shootout. We see a lone figure hobble over to Walts body. A hand reaches down and picks up the Heisenberg hat. It's Walt Jr. He puts the hat on his head, turns to the camera and gives an evil grin. Roll credits.

markot

Banned

Everyone is lying dead on the ground after a mass shootout. We see a lone figure hobble over to Walts body. A hand reaches down and picks up the Heisenberg hat. It's Walt Jr. He puts the hat on his head, turns to the camera and gives an evil grin. Roll credits.
That's worse than Hitler.

senahorse

GTA preordered from dse this morning. $69 was too good to pass up.

I was going to do that but it was a bit of of the way. Also, this way (if I understand Sony's system/policy correctly), I will be able to install it on 2 x PS3's and my gf and I can play it at the same time, so it's basically 2for1 :D

Fusebox

Banned
Usually you can't play the same game at the same time. You used to be able to play 5 at once but even then some big games (like Gran Turismo) would prevent more than once person playing it at a time and now that they've dropped the limit to two I don't think any games work at the same time. Unless you play offline maybe...

senahorse

Hmm OK, offline will be fine if that's the case, we don't care so much about trophies and all that junk and I doubt my gf will want to play gta online.

Is this in-store only or something? Their website is showing $88 (and the links are broken). Pre-order only or pickup on the day (assuming there are any in stock)?

Instore only, ends today though. They match your $10 preorder, and they are selling it for $79 tomorrow so will come down to $69 total.

senahorse

Usually you can't play the same game at the same time. You used to be able to play 5 at once but even then some big games (like Gran Turismo) would prevent more than once person playing it at a time and now that they've dropped the limit to two I don't think any games work at the same time. Unless you play offline maybe...

Hmmm reading conflicting information about this. Seems as long as my master account is registered on both PS3's and we don't use the same account we can both play at the same time. Not the end of the world if we can't but handy if we can.

Deeku

Yeah I know, it's just that last weeks ep ended on a huge cliffhanger and anything small could spoil the outcome.
agreed

no one mention anything. not even an "omg that bb was crazy", nothing!

spoiler it if you have to comment on it before later tonight

please

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

then yells out TIMMY

Stackboy

So who is getting gta5 on console in here and if so, what console are you getting it on.

Quick list so we can maybe play online when it launches.

I'm getting it on PS3

PSN ID is StackboyRoyale

We should start an Ausgaf Rockstar Crew!!

Only thing stopping me from getting Netflix is the downloads. I spoke to Lexi about it and it seems excessive in terms of data, especially when you are sharing with housemates.

Danoss

Did anyone end up watching that show I posted, The Genius?

If not, you totally should. I just finished watching the whole series and it was so good. Generally, I find reality shows tacky and unappealing, but this was just on a whole other level. You're not watching to see the misery of one of the participants or to see that person you don't like get voted off, because it's not like that and it doesn't work that way. Intelligence, tactics and strategy are the main components that comprise this show.

It was also impressive that there was a somewhat strong audience participation factor too. No ringing up for your favourite, but in a way you could test your brain to find a solution or see motives and intent of the players before they're revealed. The level of enjoyment and entertainment found in this show rivals many others, and I do mean non-reality shows.

If it entices anyone to watch it, one of the participants was a competitive StarCraft pro by the name of YellOw (who had a long-standing rivalry with BoxeR). There's also a couple of kpop singers, among others, including a member of MENSA. I found all of them, bar one, very likable and incredibly interesting to watch. The level of intellect and cunning on display is a refreshing change and I'm glad that it is presented as more entertaining than plonking numb-skulls in front of a camera.

Essentially, as long as you have nothing against subtitles, check it out.

Fusebox

Banned
Bitcoins? Aren't they primarily used to purchase drugs and pay hitmen via the underweb? What the fuck are you up to?

I just like a really complicated way of paying for beers when I go drinking!

http://www.zdnet.com/au/aussies-start-paying-for-beers-in-bitcoin-7000020692/

The Old Fitzroy will become the first pub in Australia that will allow customers to buy their beers in Bitcoin.

The pub in Woolloomooloo, Sydney, will start accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment on September 29, with Bitcoin Sydney on hand to help new-timers to the crypto-currency.

But in all seriousness, it's for buying drugs from the underweb.

Fusebox

Banned
I assume it will be easier to set up NFC bitcoin payments on a phone than it is to set it up to bank accounts.

Yep but the real pain in the arse comes from just getting the coins into your wallet more so than finding a way to spend them.

I found this site which has the exact same payment method as Omnicoins.

https://www.spendbitcoins.com/buy/

I place the order on their website and then go to a bank and make a direct deposit into their account (gotta be within 4 hours though) and then send them the receipt and then they put the coins into my wallet. Hopefully they're legit.

I just like a really complicated way of paying for beers when I go drinking!

http://www.zdnet.com/au/aussies-start-paying-for-beers-in-bitcoin-7000020692/

But in all seriousness, it's for buying drugs from the underweb.
Hmmmmmm... that seems... strange. I can't read the full story because my work has forbidden access due to the word bitcoin, so I'm just going to assume they have a good reason to accept a fairly volatile ether-currency.

Let us know if the drugsbeers are any good.

Fusebox

Banned
Here's the whole story, it sounds a bit of a marketing gimmick to me:

The Old Fitzroy will become the first pub in Australia that will allow customers to buy their beers in Bitcoin.

The pub in Woolloomooloo, Sydney, will start accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment on September 29, with Bitcoin Sydney on hand to help new-timers to the crypto-currency.

The pub, which has been around since at least 1907, will use QR codes to handle transactions. With Bitcoin wallets able to be accessed via smartphones, customers simply scan the QR code and authorise the transaction in order to pay.

Beers should cost customers around 0.05 Bitcoins, around the equivalent of AU$7 at the current value of the currency.

"I am interested in Bitcoin because it is progressive," Fitzroy proprietor Garry Pasfield said in a statement.

"I know a lot of people will like the opportunity to steer away from the big banks, and [Bitcoin] will have a lot of legs if it can establish itself."

Bitcoin Sydney will also be at the event to assist customers in making transactions and provide an introduction and overview to the currency, as well as help those new to Bitcoin purchase their first coin.

I only stumbled across the article this morning while searching google for bitcoin sellers in Aus. I've only ever seen Bitcoins go steadily up though so if the pub owner is smart and hangs onto everything he gets there's a chance it could be worth a lot more in the future.

Rahk

If not, you totally should. I just finished watching the whole series and it was so good. Generally, I find reality shows tacky and unappealing, but this was just on a whole other level. You're not watching to see the misery of one of the participants or to see that person you don't like get voted off, because it's not like that and it doesn't work that way. Intelligence, tactics and strategy are the main components that comprise this show.
Thanks for the reminder. I've been watching a couple Korean variety shows and this seems interesting, so I'll check it out sometime.

hamchan

It was also impressive that there was a somewhat strong audience participation factor too. No ringing up for your favourite, but in a way you could test your brain to find a solution or see motives and intent of the players before they're revealed. The level of enjoyment and entertainment found in this show rivals many others, and I do mean non-reality shows.

If it entices anyone to watch it, one of the participants was a competitive StarCraft pro by the name of YellOw (who had a long-standing rivalry with BoxeR). There's also a couple of kpop singers, among others, including a member of MENSA. I found all of them, bar one, very likable and incredibly interesting to watch. The level of intellect and cunning on display is a refreshing change and I'm glad that it is presented as more entertaining than plonking numb-skulls in front of a camera.

Essentially, as long as you have nothing against subtitles, check it out.

Watched the first ep and yeah it's pretty awesome. I really enjoy these Korean variety shows where people betray each other and strategize, very entertaining.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You know I disapprove. Nuff said as they say.

screenshot-3_9_2013-1_16_33-pm.png

MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN BY BREAKING BAD!

I was going to do that but it was a bit of of the way. Also, this way (if I understand Sony's system/policy correctly), I will be able to install it on 2 x PS3's and my gf and I can play it at the same time, so it's basically 2for1 :D

Yes that will work as long as both ps3 have the same account activated on them.

Hmmm reading conflicting information about this. Seems as long as my master account is registered on both PS3's and we don't use the same account we can both play at the same time. Not the end of the world if we can't but handy if we can.

Yep it will work this way.

Top Bottom