• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Hope she is all ok mate. The joys of parenthood but I wouldn't give my kids back for anything.
It's weird. They impact negatively on your lifestyle by so many objective metrics, but once you have them, it's like nope, this one's mine, no way I'm going back. I can't even fanticise about quitting my job, selling my house and travelling around the world anymore without thinking about how it will affect the little guy's routine.

This is my cat tonight (sans snow)

bleak-cat.gif

Little fucker must have a date scheduled or something. Usually he trys to draw us to the laundry for more food but nope, front or back doors plz.

AFTER CURFEW SO SHUT UP WHINY

It's weird. They impact negatively on your lifestyle by so many objective metrics, but once you have them, it's like nope, this one's mine, no way I'm going back. I can't even fanticise about quitting my job, selling my house and travelling around the world anymore without thinking about how it will affect the little guy's routine.

Amen mate.

Quick basic finance question, if owners equity increases by $12,500 and liabilities decrease by $500, will assets decrease or increase and by how much?

Cheers.

oh god the high school maths exam flashbacks D: what have you dooone!?

This is my cat tonight (sans snow)

Little fucker must have a date scheduled or something. Usually he trys to draw us to the laundry for more food but nope, front or back doors plz.

AFTER CURFEW SO SHUT UP WHINY

lol, your cat is becoming a teenager. He's probably sneaking out as we speak to go hang out with his bad influence cat friends he met while he was lost.

Yep, been doing it for over a year now. It's fantastic. I cannot recommend it enough.

I use Unblock Us because of the ease of use it provides when streaming via PS3. I think if you're just going to be watching through a PC you can go for the free option. But being able to open up the PS3 internet browser and switch regions in a matter of seconds is so good.

So with this I can literally just change unblock-us to "UK" and be able to enjoy stuff not on netflix us? because id love to watch some modern family but its only dvd on us. :(

Shaneus

I'm waiting to see if someone's checked the "settings" between the platforms so I know which one to buy. If they mention anything about texture size/detail, shadow size/detail or AA used (or even resolution) then I want someone to compare them damnit.

Edit: Just had a look, doesn't seem to be any major differences (except that something like the "memory streaming pool" or something is about half the size on PS3 as 360, but I don't know the significance of that).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So who is getting gta5 on console in here and if so, what console are you getting it on.

Quick list so we can maybe play online when it launches.

senahorse

Still deciding cookie. All footage I have seen has dips under 30fps and a bit of pop in (though not a huge amount) so I think both versions are pretty similar. That said, PSN is free to play online, and 360 I would need to subscribe to live so if I do (probably) PS3 +1

Gazunta

Good morning my beloved AusGAF, HERE IS A NEW PRESIDOG COMIC

I think I'll be getting GTAV on the Crackdown Box.

Also, top marks to the guy at JB over the weekend who talked me out of buying two TVs, top salesmanship there guy.

Fusebox

Banned
I forgot how slow Mighty Ape shipping was and preordered Kingdom Hearts 1.5 there. Aus Post still shows it as only initiated a week later. Don't ever let me buy anything from Mighty Ape again if I'm not ready to wait a month for it to arrive...

Shaneus

So, AusGAF. What platform for GTA5?

360:
+ Better controller
+ Know more people in XBL
+ Come next gen, more likely to leave 360 connected as the PS4 will probably replace PS3
+ Can lend to my bro once finished
+ Two discs = more stuff in the game's case = better value
- No gold sub, so not the best for multiplayer

PS3:
+ Bluray = game may have better quality assets?
+ Free online
+ Not on an MS console
+ More likely to have discounted DLC via PS+
- dat controller :/

Any word of potential timed platform exclusives for either release?

I think I'll be getting GTAV on the Crackdown Box.
FINE I'LL GET IT ON 360 THEN.

Omikron

So, AusGAF. What platform for GTA5?

360:
+ Better controller
+ Know more people in XBL
+ Come next gen, more likely to leave 360 connected as the PS4 will probably replace PS3
+ Can lend to my bro once finished
+ Two discs = more stuff in the game's case = better value
- No gold sub, so not the best for multiplayer

PS3:
+ Bluray = game may have better quality assets?
+ Free online
+ Not on an MS console
+ More likely to have discounted DLC via PS+
- dat controller :/

Any word of potential timed platform exclusives for either release?

PC:
+ Best everything

Omikron

Netflix talk:

I have recently started watching Star Trek: Next Gen from Season 1, which I finsihed on the weekend. Then started season 2.... and holy shit the upgrades all over the place.

Riker now has a beard.
Wil Wheaten has a semi-proper unifrom.
The special effects have been significantly upgraded.
Whoopi Goldberg appeared out of nowhere.

You can't migrate an aus account to us one right?

My plus sub just ran out so am tempted to create a new us account and use that going forward. It's not like ill ever play the massive backlog on my aus account before I upgrade to a ps4 anyway.

senahorse

Netflix talk:

I have recently started watching Star Trek: Next Gen from Season 1, which I finsihed on the weekend. Then started season 2.... and holy shit the upgrades all over the place.

Riker now has a beard.
Wil Wheaten has a semi-proper unifrom.
The special effects have been significantly upgraded.
Whoopi Goldberg appeared out of nowhere.

I am currently watching next gen for the first time though on blu-ray, in season 4 atm. My gf is a fan and I keep making her laugh at the weird stuff I poke fun at. Like Wesley the super genius and how he looks like he's wearing a baby's jumpsuit, also how Riker death stares everyone, I am sure it's meant to be him acting concerned or pondering but when he narrows his eyes he looks like he is out for blood.

Top Bottom