• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Darklord

Banned
P1kYDZm.jpg

This is at an EB midnight launch. It's fake cocaine they're handing out. I can't wait for the media to see this and freak out.

Also, no one wastes that much coke!

markot

Banned
Oh the laborious lamentations of the lemmings lining up to launch themselves headfirst lavishly into another leprous lark legitimising lunacy.

Or

GTA launch day.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn. $90 for GTA5 at JB, Which is close to work.

That's too much. Plus I need to buy a audio adapter anyway to actually get sound from my PS3. I might do that today instead.. Maybe.

I liked this reflection from Jim Sterling on GTA5.
Grand Theft Auto V is both a reflective and deflective game, diving into the heart of the GTA series with more than a few subtle things to say about itself.
Michael is tired, and old, and wants to change, but he can't, and eventually he grows to accept and even enjoy that.
Franklin is smarter than his surroundings, dreaming big but held back by old fashioned ideas.
Trevor is hilarious, surprising, and a disgusting degenerate.
All three characters, in their respective ways, feel representative of the Grand Theft Auto series as a whole, and contribute to making GTA V what it is -- the ultimate culmination of Rockstar's beloved and despised series. Personally, I think that's a fine thing to be.
Feels like coming home mang.

Steamkeys of Bioshock Infinite & Mafia 2 for $11 total.

AusGAF Mumble has changed (slightly). After a few too many issues with the provider, I have decided to look elsewhere for some satisfactory service. I don't know how it will go, and so the previous server will remain online, but at a different address. This may change in the future depending on how things go.

The new server will allow me a lot more control and monitoring capabilities than I had previously, that side of it is so much better. It is running the newer Murmur 1.2.4 and thus uses the new Opus codec which is more efficient. I believe it would be in the same datacentre as the other, but they seem to be very prompt with informing users on status changes, like network issues that we all know so well. It is also cheaper by about half and has 20 user slots instead of 15.

For the change in server details, please quote this post and pass it on to anyone in Steam chat who doesn't frequent here as often. My DNS servers were just updated with the changes, so it should all be working for most people now or very soon.

[EMAIL="

Server details are as follows:

New AusGAF Mumble Server (Primary)
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Address: mumble.danoss.net
Port: 3487
Pass: giraffe

Old AusGAF Mumble Server (Secondary)
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Address: mumble2.danoss.net
Port: 10029

][/EMAIL]

Awesome, thanks dude!

I didn't make it to a midnight release, today is going to be a long day.

The last week or so has been the most unproductive week ever for me with all my thoughts turning quickly to GTA. Everything is GTA.

I have a JB pre order, but if they are not price matching where is the best place to walk in a and grab a copy at $79? Target?

Target or Big W. Target have it for $79 and Big W for $78.

I'm planning on getting it at Target and I'm wanting to know if they're stocking the game guide. Anybody already picked it up from Target that can confirm this? I'm trying to avoid a phone call as talking to Target employees about video games is a pain in the ass.

lexi

Banned
So is GTA5 the second coming of Citizen Kane? Will a new category of gaming awards need to be created to honor this magnificent achievement?

senahorse

I have a couple of spare SSD's at home, can I put one in the PS3, is it an easy process to do and move data around?

edit: I should add, the main reason I want to do this is my O.G. PS3 only has a 60GB drive currently

Danoss

I spotted an omission in one bundle of Toys for the Sandbox – a weekly PDF publication that offers locations, plot hooks, NPCs and a few other things for fantasy games – and notified the author about it. He promptly fixed it and offered to do an issue on something I'd like to see him cover, if he could, to say thanks. I'm told it should be out in early October as it fits the theme of that month. :D

Awesome, thanks dude!

My pleasure. However, the old Mumble server will be getting the arse today (account was confirmed closed as I type this). I was able to persevere through the poor control panel they had, but something that has just happened is rather insulting.

Gameservers, the host who is rather difficult and unwilling to improve their control panel – which would bring their Mumble service inline with Vent and TS – after multiple requests from users, have taken it a step further. They offered 25% off to new subscribers, which is fine to entice them to sign up, only they extended that to a 25% discount for the life of their account. As a long-time customer of theirs, the most they would offer was 10%. Insulted by this and considering the fact I am being overcharged for an inferior service, I requested the account be cancelled.

I have a JB pre order, but if they are not price matching where is the best place to walk in a and grab a copy at $79? Target?

If they don't price match, remind them of the slogan they have plastered out the front of their shop.

I have GTA V in my hands right now. But I have to wait until after work to play it. Well I have to actually wait until 7:30pm tonight because the wife has the TV until after Home and Away.

Deeku

man stupid playasia doesn't have a local express same day delivery type deal, which is real dumb:/

but they do have this local pickup deal where i order it from p.a and then go pick it up from their partner store...but only when they email me...or something. so i'm doing that, it better work, as in, i better be able to get that shit tonight!

I have GTA V in my hands right now. But I have to wait until after work to play it. Well I have to actually wait until 7:30pm tonight because the wife has the TV until after Home and Away.

I'll be picking mine up on my way home from work this afternoon at about 4ish.

As a way to convince me not to go to the midnight launch the missus promised to organise dinner and everything tonight, so I get to spend the whole night on the couch!

Dead Man

If they don't price match, remind them of the slogan they have plastered out the front of their shop.

Off to try now.

Urgh. Approving assignment extensions for uni students is just depressing. So much bad shit happens to people on a daily basis.

Just tell them they are making up excuses like a lecturer did to me when my mum died. Not that I'm bitter about it, or still angry about it 15 years later.... no. Not at all.

Just tell them they are making up excuses like a lecturer did to me when my mum died. Not that I'm bitter about it, or still angry about it 15 years later.... no. Not at all.

That's why we handle it on an admin level without approaching the lecturers. Because half of them are complete pricks.

Deeku

Ok screw playasia. Went to game centre near apartment and they had heaps. Loads of people too, everyone walking out that building had a gta bag lol

markot

Banned
I am personally going to incite as much 'gta 5 = real violence' stuff as I can.

So I probably need to steal a copy cause that would give it an even more depraved setting for your news organisations.

Top Bottom