• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

r1chard

Two enthusiastic thumbs up for The Water Rat Hotel in South Melbourne. Excellent beer selection and $12 parma for lunch that's one of the best I've had in Melbourne.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I remember trying to get revolt to work online via that .. lan to online thing, started with a K, many moons ago.

You could probably use something like hamachi now instead. Wonder how they implemented the MP into the game on the GoG release.

Arksy

Depends on what you like, SP or MP.

Cod4 is still the best for both, especially on PC.

Both Black Ops games have decent SP, but only Blops2 has a worthwhile and balanced mp. However, none of them have dedicated servers so host advantage is always an issue in mp.

Plus, both blops games have the zombies mode, which for me is the best feature.

MW2 and MW3 are the worst, esp in the MP department.

No dedicated BLOPS/2 servers on PC? What?

Tempted to order a US 2DS as a Christmas present for myself if I can find one cheapish. Hopefully the 4k3DSxl won't be region locked :(

Honestly that's not a bad idea. I bet this situation will come up again for other games. I'm too poor for that sadly :(

At least we get Bravely Default this year I guess. But fuck, SMT4's been out for SO FUCKING LONG in the US.

Need some travel tips for Cairns, has anyone been there, or lives there?

I'm planning to go there in December, just need to know what else is there to see/do apart from Great barrier reef and Kuranda/rainforest/skyrail?

It's a short 3-day tour, so want to fully utilise my time there.

I'll also be spending 3 days in Gold Coast, but I know what to do over there.

I'm happy to meet up with anyone from QLD-gaf if you're going to be in Gold Coast a few days before Christmas.

senahorse

I usually love narrative based experiences, I loved Dear Esther. Gone Home on the other hand didn't do much for me at all, fell very flat and certainly not worth the asking price for me. Oh well you win some you lose some.

They have a unofficial reason that makes sense most likely though.

I really doubt there's any more reason than "we're the kings of the dedicated handheld gaming scene and can therefore do whatever the fuck we want."

There is no legitimate reason for them to start region locking their handheld systems after this long, it's basically just "we'll fuck people with regional pricing because we know we can", completely throwing out the idea of someone being able to buy a game at an airport or whatever that used to be part of the appeal of the Game Boy.

Stackboy

I still like playing BLOPS2 and look forward to Ghosts. They are fun mindless violence games. Does that make me a bad person?

I like shooting dudes on the internet.

so is the general consensus on pokemans a BUY or what?

It's Pokemon. If you like Pokemon and/or used to like Pokemon but haven't bought Pokemon for a while it's a BUY. If you don't, not.

Furthermore, if iterative franchises irritate you even though there's only one actual new entry every three years or so it's probably a no as well.

Dryk

Because companies love having boxes take up inventory that they cant touch for weeks.
It's in jest. Truth be told I was very confused when I found out how early Canada and Italy got them.

Also there's a group of Nintendo fans on Facebook complaining about Shintokyo for breaking the street date and it's weirding me out. I'd just assumed that people like broken dates but apparently not... although I guess they all have preorders.

Jintor

Broken street dates have weird consequences down the line. When Serrels was around here more (and Choc) they used to talk about them... I don't recall what they were though.

markot

Banned
HEY HITLERSSSSS

How come with my mother board .del options, I can only select 2 drives to boot from automatically, but can 'over ride' manually to boot into all of my drivers?

Whats sata pm, sata fm.. .etc?

How do I change itttttt?!

Broken street dates have weird consequences down the line. When Serrels was around here more (and Choc) they used to talk about them... I don't recall what they were though.

Usually that store will get a $10k (or something at least) fine and/or not get stock of a/many new releases in the future.

Big W got hit with that a few years back which sucked for me when I lived in Geelong.

Deeku

hmmm, i know i don't want to play pokemon, but i think i'm still gonna buy it... for the updated graphics at least, they look pretty nice!

I discovered fire emblem yesterday... I think I may have a slight addiction...

so is the general consensus on pokemans a BUY or what?

YUSSSSS.

Too bad the starters turned out silly :( I was so looking forward to choosing the fox one...
but the final evolution is a stupid fox in a ball gown.

Deeku

D:

That's pretty terrible! Actually, i just watched a video review and there was a pokemon that's a floating sword...like, cmon! Hopefully there are some cute pokemon in the new batch cos that's all that matters in my book!

and nice on the FE addiction!

Jintor

Too bad the starters turned out silly :( I was so looking forward to choosing the fox one...

tumblr_muhmi5y7V61sj467vo1_500.jpg

Greninja's pretty cool, but #teamfennekin reigns supreme. I was a tad unimpressed with Delphox to start with but seeing it more, and in fanart like Jint posted, it's my favourite starter in a couple of gens. Only one of the current batch I'm indifferent to is Chespin.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I discovered fire emblem yesterday... I think I may have a slight addiction...

YUSSSSS.

WITH A FUCKING WAND

Top Bottom