• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Shaneus

Depends if you're in the mood for actual honeycomb or a weird confectionery thing.
Crunchie is best when there's a little air bubble/gap in the chocolate and the "honeycomb" has gone all gooey.

https://twitter.com/Game_Drive/status/388138139933356032

"Its official I'm trading my #3DSXL for a #2DS almost entirely pays for itself at $7 difference after a price match. Thanks @EBGamesAus"

fNfNuWO.gif
Best:
"@Game_Drive @EBGamesAus Indeed...you could probably trade your PS3 in for a great Commodore 64 too!!! #Nintendo2ds #3ds"

senahorse

This odd Kickstarter has some interesting ideas for using the new PS4 stuff

I just hope there is a way to disable that stupid light on the controller, I can already notice the ps3 controller light on one of our TV's, that controller light is going to be horrible with reflection, can always use a bit of tape I guess.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I still feel burnt from my 4870X2, will take a lot for me to try crossfire again.

They have gotten to a point where it's pretty damn good again with the frame crap. Still work to do and all.

But that card beats a Titan in just about everything and does it with ease. It's also $400 cheaper than a Titan.

It's an insane price.

JEEZ THATS CHEAP

Dual GPU though...... :/

I just hope there is a way to disable that stupid light on the controller, I can already notice the ps3 controller light on one of our TV's, that controller light is going to be horrible with reflection, can always use a bit of tape I guess.
Not so far. Can't turn it off, up to developers to give you the option.

Not sure why. I would be shocked if they don't patch in an option.

Also how come you can see the PS3 controller? Is it really dark in your room?

senahorse

They have gotten to a point where it's pretty damn good again with the frame crap. Still work to do and all.

But that card beats a Titan in just about everything and does it with ease. It's also $400 cheaper than a Titan.

It's an insane price.

I guess, though you can get a 780 (or I assume 290X) for a touch more and get at least stock Titan performance and not have to worry about the issues of multi-card setups.

JEEZ THATS CHEAP

Not so far. Can't turn it off, up to developers to give you the option.

Not sure why. I would be shocked if they don't patch in an option.

Also how come you can see the PS3 controller? Is it really dark in your room?

My plasma downstairs I usually play in a pitch black setting.

Shaneus

^^ That's cheap for a 7990 (that's two 7970s, yes?), isn't it?!? Anyone know how it will compare (power usage-wise) to my 5970/5850 setup?

This may be somewhat serendipitous given some of the topics that have come up in this thread (although I have a feeling I'm using "serendipitous" like Alanis Morrisette uses "ironic") but today is World Mental Health Day and this week has been (and will be, until Sunday) Mental Health Week. So do yourself a favour, use today to learn a little more about mental health. How to recognise it in others (perhaps even yourself), how to handle people with it and if you know anyone with it, give those beautiful, slightly twisted fuckers a hug <3

Fredescu

^^ That's cheap for a 7990 (that's two 7970s, yes?), isn't it?!? Anyone know how it will compare (power usage-wise) to my 5970/5850 setup?
Guru 3D recommends a 750W PSU. http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/radeon_hd_7990_review,8.html

This may be somewhat serendipitous given some of the topics that have come up in this thread (although I have a feeling I'm using "serendipitous" like Alanis Morrisette uses "ironic") but today is World Mental Health Day and this week has been (and will be, until Sunday) Mental Health Week. So do yourself a favour, use today to learn a little more about mental health. How to recognise it in others (perhaps even yourself), how to handle people with it and if you know anyone with it, give those beautiful, slightly twisted fuckers a hug <3

On that note I should point out that I was recently diagnosed with ADHD, mostly thanks to Shaenus and Danoss talking about it in this thread. I don't normally like sharing super personal stuff, but I wouldn't have found out about it unless other people did, so thanks guys!

While I'm getting personal, I'm going to join Jabels in having a second kid in 2014. Mine is due in April. Fun times!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Stop having sex fred and spend your money on computer items which will help with you not having sex.

You're clearly doing it wrong.

Congrats!

Oh well that's creepy timing with what has happened this week lol

On that note I should point out that I was recently diagnosed with ADHD, mostly thanks to Shaenus and Danoss talking about it in this thread. I don't normally like sharing super personal stuff, but I wouldn't have found out about it unless other people did, so thanks guys!

While I'm getting personal, I'm going to join Jabels in having a second kid in 2014. Mine is due in April. Fun times!
Congrats dude! On both counts, the diagnosis might help things out in life.

Don't tell my wife about the other good news though, I'm being hounded daily about another kid by pretty much everyone I meet IRL :/

Cadbury improved on honeycomb hitler.
Honeycomb Hitler believed the Milkybar Kid to be the pure race.

Well done on increasing your family's carbon footprint.

Are you going to find out the gender?
I'd say so. I assume at some point that knowledge almost becomes inescapable.

IkeaOrDeath Result:

You scored 11 out of 20!
Congrats you are...
Kvlt.

At one point I was starting to scare myself. I think I got the first 7 right.

I've been to Ikea four times in the last week. In that time I have assembled a bed, chest of drawers, sofa (well put little feet on them), coffee table, office chair, desk, TV units, lamps.

Fuck Ikea.

Fredescu

Well done on increasing your family's carbon footprint.

You have to play the long game. The more kids I have, the more people I can indoctrinate with climate science. "Whole football team" is for people who think small, I plan to have enough children to be able to form a political party in our own right. I haven't informed my wife of this yet, but I'm sure she's fine with it.

Stackboy

Grats on babby!!

One time I did the good housemate thing and took my housemate to ikea so she could buy a wardrobe. We spent nearly 5 hours there and she didn't buy anything. I nearly murdered her.

You have to play the long game. The more kids I have, the more people I can indoctrinate with climate science. "Whole football team" is for people who think small, I plan to have enough children to be able to form a political party in our own right. I haven't informed my wife of this yet, but I'm sure she's fine with it.
You haven't informed her of your political party plans or the fact that the second kid is on the way? Either way, interesting times ahead, for sure.

If you don't ask the doctor to tell you what it is, you won't know.
Once the child is born you most certainly will. Well, I'd hope so, anyway.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You haven't informed her of your political party plans or the fact that the second kid is on the way? Either way, interesting times ahead, for sure.

Once the child is born you most certainly will. Well, I'd hope so, anyway.

How dare you define the childs gender by mere physical genitalia

Fredescu

Excellent mate. Very exciting. What gender is your first born?

Boy, turns 3 next month. Would like a girl to complete the set, but will be happy with a healthy whatever.

Either yet. I figure if she doesn't know it will be a nice surprise.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Safe to say the new amd cards are fail? Like no improvement over the 7000 series....

For the most part they are essentially just a re badge of the 7000 series. The only odd one out is the 290X which is what everyone is waiting for.

Some small improvements here and there but you're not getting the expected performance increase you usually get with a new series of GPUs

markot

Banned
For the most part they are essentially just a re badge of the 7000 series. The only odd one out is the 290X which is what everyone is waiting for.

Some small improvements here and there but you're not getting the expected performance increase you usually get with a new series of GPUs

so safe to say AMD failed.

I guess theyre betting the bank on mantle.

dinopoke

OGS for board games and free shipping, stock is hit and miss however. Games Empire for local stuff have been decent. Milsims have the better prices, but their stock details online are generally inaccurate and can take a while to ship.

Danoss will jump in with RPG suggestions :)

Hmm... with some of our new clientele, perhaps it's time to reinstate SydGAF board gaming meet-ups again...

Oh, and in addition to what Omi said, Mighty Ape occasionally has some good deals too, but their range is fairly small too.
Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I'll def come to a board game meet up if that ever happens again.

Jintor

He might just position it as a constitutional matter re: the ability of states/territories to intrude on the area of marriage

Should be fun.

Top Bottom