• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Kritz

Banned
DeathJr said:
That's something I'd pay to see...and if somebody could scream Nooooooooooo! in Vader's voice. Entertainment!

Killer-Elite-2011-Movie-Poster-600x888.jpg

This should be fun. Can't wait..

Holy shit, the cast for that movie sounds so good it can't not fail!

:(

I hope I'm wrong. I love Clive Owen's roles in nearly everything.

Gazunta

Clive Owen's best role was in Privateer 2.

I have 7 hours of annual leave accrued. WHOOO. Time to take that vacation!

Also. Shopping for sheds is hard work. Actually the shopping is the easy bit, it's wrapping your head around the council rules and fees that is a pain in the ass. In NSW you don't need to do any of that if your shed is less than 20 square metres. But do you think we would have that sensible ruling here? Vadernooooooo.

midonnay

Shaneus said:
Well, despite murdering a whole (big) packet of Kookas jam biscuits, a hefty barbecue lunch, a bag of raspberry bullets and two bags of chocolate-covered raspberry licorice, I haven't put any weight on over the weekend. My metabolism is a fucking weird bastard.

you can't really put on that much weight in such a short period of time.... most of the fluctuation would be water.

edit: Stone also had a dream cast and that was one of the most awful movies in recent memory. Ed norton and de niro.

Choc

Banned
it would seem that Death Jr does not understand region based pricing models

its quite common to pay more for things in certain areas due to distribution costs etc.

For example many moons ago I worked in the Pizza Hut call centre during Uni. It probably won't surprise you but the cheapest vouchers were delivered to those who live in what is deemed low socioeconomic areas and the highest, the rich parts of town

the difference was stark as well. $7.95 vs $3.95

Choc said:
it would seem that Death Jr does not understand region based pricing models

its quite common to pay more for things in certain areas due to distribution costs etc.

For example many moons ago I worked in the Pizza Hut call centre during Uni. It probably won't surprise you but the cheapest vouchers were delivered to those who live in what is deemed low socioeconomic areas and the highest, the rich parts of town

the difference was stark as well. $7.95 vs $3.95
That actually surprises me. I have a friend who is a dietitian and I remember her saying the more expensive coupons would often go to lower socioeconomic areas because fast food is a much bigger part of their diet.
Therefore they're more willing to pay a couple of extra dollars than people in affluent areas who are more likely to cook themselves or go to a fancy restaurant.

That said, I'm pretty sure she wasn't talking about pizza hut.

Gazunta

I'm just imagining Choc talking calls for Pizza Hut

"Hi can I have a barbecue Chicken --"
"Have you seen that story on ACA about how they treat the chickens, IT'S FUCKED"

:)

But yeah living in a low socioeconomic area myself, holy crap the vouchers and number of fast food places here are insane.

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:

"Have you seen that story on ACA about how they treat the chickens, IT'S FUCKED"

But yeah living in a low socioeconomic area myself, holy crap the vouchers and number of fast food places here are insane.

actually there is a whole bunch of codes you need to know

lets see you guys get these

LPSS

LFCY CH CH CK BA

LPCH

LFCK

Also, working in the Pizza Hut call centre was somewhat depressing. 6pm Saturday night we had 300 on shift taking calls and still 4000 calls in the queue even though 300 were being taken at a time.

and this call centre only served NSW and QLD.

1 bonus was we got to try stuff that pizzahut was thinking of introducing but never did, and we got access to the cheapo coupons heh :)

Probably the craziest call i got was a guy ringing up because the local PH driver had slammed into his car and just driven off. School holidays was always fun as well...

'Can i have a pizza delivered to hamburgertown'

Stackboy

I find the different types of gamers who come to LANs fascinating. Some are really withdrawn and can't talk to anyone, others are the most friendly people you will meet.

Some have the worst body odors.

Choc said:
1 bonus was we got to try stuff that pizzahut was thinking of introducing but never did, and we got access to the cheapo coupons heh :)

Like what? That'd be amazing! Or possibly shitty. I mean you'd think they weren't introduced for a reason

Choc

Banned
FallbackPants said:
Like what? That'd be amazing! Or possibly shitty. I mean you'd think they weren't introduced for a reason

Well various reasons, including they wouldn't profit enough or took PH away from its core business

such as, a burger ;)

Yeah they wanted to hit Mcdonalds

Shaneus

Gazunta said:

That's not how he'd talk. He'd somehow find a way to talk without punctuation ;)

Ozgameshop has Deus Ex HR LE for 360 for $44. Don't know if that's a good price but I bit.

Choc said:
Well various reasons, including they wouldn't profit enough or took PH away from its core business
So that's why the lobster thermadore super supreme never saw the light of day...

Shaneus

Gunstringer for $28 is a ridiculous price. I was one of those who begrudged Twisted Pixel's decision to go retail, but at that price it's almost inconsequential. Plus, free Fruit Ninja.

If I manage to buy it sometime today, I'll happily offer the code to an AusGAF regular either of my choosing or by way of a competition or some crap.

Oh, I know reptile posted about this earlier, but it deserves a new page.

Choc said:

such as, a burger ;)

Yeah they wanted to hit Mcdonalds
Wow. When was this? Like ages ago at PH's peak or recently? Did you try the burger? Was it good or just a burger?

I finished Gears last night too. Loved it. Best campaign of the franchise. Now I just have to get gold up and running again so I can play online.

They actually fleshed out the world's back story a bit too, so I'd be pretty keen for a Pendulum Wars game eventually. Although there were a bunch of elements from the first game that have been completely bailed on. Like those bats that killed you at night in the first one. What ever happened to them? Anyway, really good game.

Edit: Holy crap $28? That's fantastic. How much are Kinects these days? I'd actually be tempted to pick one up after playing the Gunstringer demo at a mates. Also for Child of Eden.

Choc

Banned
DeathJr said:
I had no idea Salazar lived on a farm.

you don't have to be on a farm. A prime example is Manly in Sydney.

Everythign is @ least double the price in coles. Why, because its a tourist area.

Yes its profiteering but hey...

elfinke

I couldn't even find these fucking cookies you are all raving on about, never mind have them to moan about a 50c price difference... It's shopping fortnight this week though, so I'll have a better look in Coles when we go (the renovations have finally finished and it's now only an 80% clusterfuck).

Also, lol at '@ least'. I'm going to use that all day in my emails. Contractions that really aren't crack me up (shift + 2 VS a + t). Sorry choc, don't mean to rag on you.

The Woolworths Android/iPhone app is great, you can scan item barcodes and add them to a shopping list. If you specify a store, it even tells you which items are in which aisle, and groups them so as you go down an aisle you know what to buy.

But.

I use Homeshop, so why the hell can't I link my Homeshop account to the app and when adding the items to the shopping list, it puts them in my Homeshop cart. When I've decided there's enough there, I should be able to submit the order right through the app.

A giant missed opportunity.

Choc

Banned
elfinke said:
I couldn't even find these fucking cookies you are all raving on about, never mind have them to moan about a 50c price difference... It's shopping fortnight this week though, so I'll have a better look in Coles when we go (the renovations have finally finished and it's now only an 80% clusterfuck).

Also, lol at '@ least'. I'm going to use that all day in my emails. Contractions that really aren't crack me up (shift + 2 VS a + t). Sorry choc, don't mean to rag on you.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Driving test booked for tuesday 25th oct. I look forward to fucking that up, Fairly confident I won't pass on my first time.

Stackboy

evlcookie said:
Driving test booked for tuesday 25th oct. I look forward to fucking that up, Fairly confident I won't pass on my first time.

On the day of your test, I will be celebrating my 30th bday. By playing batman and drinking, like a grown up.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
codswallop said:
If you've done the hours, cookie, you ought to be fine. Make sure you do it in a car you're already comfortable driving.

I haven't done many hours at all. I will get a few more lessons in before it but there's a good chance i will fuck something up. They are god damn strict these days, hardasses so i hear.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
If you've done the hours, cookie, you ought to be fine. Make sure you do it in a car you're already comfortable driving.

in NSW at least statistically you are more likely to fail if you are not using your own car. It's because the testers don't know what car you will be driving so are apparently tougher

if you use your own, they are a little more lenient apparently

Of course the testers would never say that and it may be purely subconscious but statistics show its true.

Also make sure every frigging thing on your car is working before you go if you take your own. Indicators, brake lights etc I mean you should anyway, but they check everything before you leave the registry.

elfinke

evlcookie said:
I haven't done many hours at all. I will get a few more lessons in before it but there's a good chance i will fuck something up. They are god damn strict these days, hardasses so i hear.

One tip I will bestow that is worth keeping in mind (and I'm sure you will be given hundreds in the lead up to your test); when you are checking you rears; checking your sides; checking your blind spot before merging; is to make obvious actions to show that that is what you are doing. Instructors should tell you that anyway.

@ cods: Ooh, that's not a bad one either (if a little cheeky)!

elfinke said:
One tip I will bestow that is worth keeping in mind (and I'm sure you will be given hundreds in the lead up to your test); when you are checking you rears; checking your sides; checking your blind spot before merging; is to make obvious actions to show that that is what you are doing. Instructors should tell you that anyway.
Some even suggest to move the mirrors a little bit out of your regular field of vision so you have to make a really obvious check to see them.

Choc

Banned
cookie if you've never had lessons with a proper instructor i highly suggest it as well.

For example my dad didn't teach me to stop at stop signs for 3 seconds. He stopped, looked, went

you MUST do it for three seconds in the test. Its instafail. There is a lot of things the testers try to catch you out that only the professional instructors know to teach.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea i've been having lessons, No major issues so far. I've been able to 3 point turn and reverse park or whatever it's called. I will probably get 3 more 1hr lessons in before the test date, So hopefully I can correct up any issues that seem to be there.

Cod, You don't need 120hrs if you're over 25. You can do it whenever the fuck you want :D

Jintor

Shaneus said:
Well, despite murdering a whole (big) packet of Kookas jam biscuits, a hefty barbecue lunch, a bag of raspberry bullets and two bags of chocolate-covered raspberry licorice, I haven't put any weight on over the weekend. My metabolism is a fucking weird bastard.

fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

evlcookie said:
Cod, You don't need 120hrs if you're over 25. You can do it whenever the fuck you want :D
Oh sweet. When I got my license at 18 you only needed to wait three months and there was no minimum either. I think I had maybe 10-15 hours under my belt.

evlcookie said:
You're in Melbourne right? Where have you booked you're test?

Try to book it at a regional centre, its much easier to pass.

Choc said:
actually there is a whole bunch of codes you need to know

lets see you guys get these

LPSS Large Pan Super Supreme

LFCY CH CH CK BA Large Perfecto Create Your Own Cheese Cheese Chicken Bacon

LPCH Large Pan Invalid Code

LFCK Large Perfecto Invalid Code

Choc said:
Also, working in the Pizza Hut call centre was somewhat depressing. 6pm Saturday night we had 300 on shift taking calls and still 4000 calls in the queue even though 300 were being taken at a time.

and this call centre only served NSW and QLD.
This is not possible at the call centre, the phones lines could not support that number of calls. Plus, the NSW call centre never took calls for NSW and QLD, at least never on a Saturday. The QLD call centre does the QLD calls.

jambo

Planet_JASE said:
This is not possible at the call centre, the phones lines could not support that number of calls. Plus, the NSW call centre never took calls for NSW and QLD, at least never on a Saturday. The QLD call centre does the QLD calls.

VDjFO.jpg

Choc

Banned
this was a LONG time ago

The NSW call centre is long gone, they closed it and made the QLD one a national call centre

basically the big LED screen that had the info on queues said 4000 and was flashing like craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy every 6pm saturday.

You're right

it was victoria and nsw, my bad. I remember getting a lot of calls from Malvern for some reason.

LPCK was chicken at the time i did it ;)

LPCH was Cheese

maybe its changed.

elfinke

Planet_JASE said:

vewEF.gif

Top Bottom