• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Deeku

Planet_JASE said:
Lacking a samurai component, I take it?
Samurai-Pizza-Cats.jpg

Salazar

*sigh*

Bogan neighbour, backed up by bogan mates, threatened to beat my Dad unconscious because he asked them, very politely, not to party until 4am and keep the whole street awake like they did last night.

I am a paragon of self-control, but this will not stand.

Rlan

codswallop said:
Mrs Cods has received plenty of shipments of coffee beans from friends in the US, UK and Spain. Never any problems.

Actually received a bag of Spanish garlic seeds (not in a packet, but from someone's garden) unexpectedly once. Customs obviously on a break when that package was being scanned.

Oh cool!

So my Dad's 60th Birthday is coming up, and usually I've found it a bit difficult to get presents, but what he does enjoy is his coffee machine. So what I thought I'd do is buy him some awesome import coffee

What I'd like to know is some recommendations of types of coffee beans that he'd enjoy (he tends to have a fairly standard cappuccino), and if there are any good online places to go in order to actually get them. Any thoughts would be awesome :)

Dead Man

Salazar said:
*sigh*

Bogan neighbour, backed up by bogan mates, threatened to beat my Dad unconscious because he asked them, very politely, not to party until 4am and keep the whole street awake like they did last night.

Ugh.

Shotguns. Every law abiding citizen should be given one for situations like this. I find it makes bogans much more amenable to common sense.

elektrixx

Banned
Rlan said:
Oh cool!

So my Dad's 60th Birthday is coming up, and usually I've found it a bit difficult to get presents, but what he does enjoy is his coffee machine. So what I thought I'd do is buy him some awesome import coffee

What I'd like to know is some recommendations of types of coffee beans that he'd enjoy (he tends to have a fairly standard cappuccino), and if there are any good online places to go in order to actually get them. Any thoughts would be awesome :)

Buy him the poo coffee.

elfinke

Rlan said:
Oh cool!

Does it have to be imported? Alan Frew (coffeeco.com.au) is a knowledgable bloke, who also sells great coffee - I've been buying beans from him for years. Otherwise you'd have to have check out threads over at coffeesnobs and places like that. I'm posting from phone and don't have access to my bookmarks unfortunately :( but that's a start!

Edit: found some stuff anyway:

http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/ViewCategory.aspx/RoastedCoffee

I've tried more or less all of them at different times (including the poo coffee), and really, they're nearly all recommendable if your old man has a decent grinder (moreso than the machine/plunger/cafeteria etc).

Salazar said:
*sigh*

Ring in an anonymous tip that you saw guns and/or drugs in their house when you walked past the window. At least one of them would have something illegal on them.

Or the old sugar in the petrol tank gag.

To be honest the best outcome would be to sneak into their house and disconnect the gas to the stove so that when they go to light up a smoke the whole house explodes leaving us with a few less fucktards on this earth.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Ring in an anonymous tip that you saw guns and/or drugs in their house when you walked past the window. At least one of them would have something illegal on them.

This is actually quite feasible. I just need to make sure they don't have any bikie connections to speak of, because I don't feel like being held down and having my ears cut off.

Rlan said:
You'd probably need to know his tastes better. You can get good local coffee, it doesn't have to be imported (actually, most coffee is imported from Africa or South America, local places usually just roast it).

Locally, you can buy from Innocent Bystander. We have coffee from Hemisphere Coffee Roasters and RoosRoast in our coffee drawer at the moment, but these were shipped to us by friends in the US, I don't know if they'll ship internationally.

elektrixx said:
Buy him the poo coffee.
I suppose the success of that would depend on how adventurous he is.

r1chard

elfinke said:
Does it have to be imported? Alan Frew (coffeeco.com.au) is a knowledgable bloke, who also sells great coffee - I've been buying beans from him for years.

+1 for coffeeco - he knows his equipment too. Gets some rare beans occasionally.

Gazunta

Samurai Pizza Cats is the best animated show ever in the history of the human race. It's cute and all that you might have a different opinion, but you'd be wrong, and you should take this opportunity to grow as a person by realising the awesomeness of Samurai Pizza Cats.

God I wish there was more of it on YouTube

Anyway I spent too damn long making this so I'm going to post it here.

2011-09-23-Lists-01.gif

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
Samurai Pizza Cats is the best animated show ever in the history of the human race. It's cute and all that you might have a different opinion, but you'd be wrong, and you should take this opportunity to grow as a person by realising the awesomeness of Samurai Pizza Cats.
Read the wiki on it. It's fascinating on how it made the transition from Japan to the US, especially the complete lack of script to accompany the animation (to the point where they basically had to write their own).

legend166

reptilescorpio said:
My AFL boycot starts today. Been a long time coming with all the bullshit they have been pulling the last few years.

?

Did you read that link I posted. There's no proof at all that the AFL are doing what was suggested in the News Ltd piece.

love the comic!

Salazar said:
*sigh*

Call the police next time they have a party. Collaborate with people who live near by and get them to call in too. Many times. One of my neighbours used to get into very public fights late at night. It must have been 1 - 2am and I woke up to this teenage girl screaming about how her mum never lets her do anything. It went on for about 25 minutes and then you could hear from up the other end of the street "shut up!" and then a different house "everyone can hear you!". I didn't hear them again after that :p

Just finished MW2. Damn that was fun. Some spotty levels and the storytelling was pretty poor but the action setpieces really get you going and the gameplay still holds up great. The best levels were the ones with a bit more space and reliance on your ability to make your shots count. The escape from Rio was fantastic. The ending certainly left me jonesing for MW3 even though I probably won't pick it up until budget release. Took me around 7 hours including a lot of deaths in 2 sections that I tried to brute force out of frustration for the level design. Might checkout the Spec Ops and work out what the point of that Museum Epilogue is.

legend166 said:
?

Did you read that link I posted. There's no proof at all that the AFL are doing what was suggested in the News Ltd piece.
I did. Not that I am pointing at the AFL but the culture of AFL (and most sports these days) has gone beyond being a 'sport' to being an industry. Profits and politics come before people, which just isn't right and it is something that has soured me on most professional sport for a long time now. The fact that there is so much money going in and out of these sports while the effects of their actions are downplayed or ignored just irritates me. It just reminds me that our society runs the same, profit before people. Even if the AFL say nothing it doesn't make up for the fact that a lot of clubs do indeed profit off the suffering of a fairly large amount of people, even though they are already dealing in millions and millions of dollars. I know a guy who's son is a rookie for Geelong. Been there the last 2 years and has been injured so he hasn't even had a run for them yet and he already has several ventures going that the club have set up for him as well as being paid enough to have a house almost paid off. He hasn't even made them a cent yet and has set himself up in a position that would take most people most of their lives to do, all because of the huge amount of money that is thrown around in the industry. At least he is a top bloke and understands how great his situation is, I've met a few of the people from there that are of the opinion that the good times won't stop and that they are on a level of society above common people. Quite entertaining in a town like Geelong but still eye-opening compared to the people I know who graduated out of med school and are still doing it hard.

tldr: Already fed up with professional sports but the dozen or so articles that I have read today put me into the mindset of not being able to enjoy it again, at least for a while.

Clipper

Aaaaahhhhhhh...

photo-73.jpg

photo-74.jpg

Now, let's see if I can keep it together for longer than a fortnight (which is how long the shuttle lasted before I took it completely apart and rebuilt it again).

Also, man it's huge.

I went to buy an icecream from one of those gourmet gelato places in the city yesterday, and the girl in front of me, who was wearing trackpants at 9pm, was covered in tacky tattoos and was a bit pudgy, ordered a "cree-mei bru-lee". One of the things I love about Brisbane, how classy it is.

Salazar

shanshan310 said:
I went to buy an icecream from one of those gourmet gelato places in the city yesterday, and the girl in front of me, who was wearing trackpants at 9pm, was covered in tacky tattoos and was a bit pudgy, ordered a "cree-mei bru-lee". One of the things I love about Brisbane, how classy it is.

Gold Coast is better.

Mille feuille = milly filly.

Jintor

Clipper said:
Now, let's see if I can keep it together for longer than a fortnight (which is how long the shuttle lasted before I took it completely apart and rebuilt it again).

Also, man it's huge.

I really want to see that thing dive nose-first into a lego death star.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jintor said:
Just wrapped No More Heroes. What the fuck Suda51

What the fucking awesome you mean.

Jintor

I probably shouldn't have played No More Heroes 2 before playing No More Heroes, though.

Goddamnit Suda just team up with Platinum already. They make great combat systems with kind of alright writing, you have whacky insane awesome ideas with shit combat systems. DO IT.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Now you play Shadows of the Damned and together we will live forever.

Darklord

Banned
You know what's annoying? Being single while your friend going into great detail about somehow getting a hot fuck buddy, who only wants to keep it like that and have no emotional attachment, is wild in bed and has a sex drive of a teenage guy and also sends you texts about how many times they did it that night(3 times last night). I mean yeah, great for him but god damn...I want that! Well that's my rant for the day.

Gazunta

You know what's annoying? All the other Cameron Davises (Davisii?) out there who give people my email address thinking it's theirs that have more active social and professional lives than I do. I've got a book club meeting in Georgia, I just bought a new truck in Ohio and I just found out I'm going to some fancy dinner and speaking engagement in Rochester Tuesday night. God damn it I don't have time for all this.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Darklord said:
You know what's annoying? Being single while your friend going into great detail about somehow getting a hot fuck buddy, who only wants to keep it like that and have no emotional attachment, is wild in bed and has a sex drive of a teenage guy and also sends you texts about how many times they did it that night(3 times last night). I mean yeah, great for him but god damn...I want that! Well that's my rant for the day.

Don't worry, In a few months one will fall for the other and they will call it quits, Unless they both decide to give it a shot.

I've had that happen to me twice, It sucks!

Darklord

Banned
evlcookie said:
Don't worry, In a few months one will fall for the other and they will call it quits, Unless they both decide to give it a shot.

I've had that happen to me twice, It sucks!

The hilarious thing is HE wants more and keeps saying stuff about it. It's like striking gold and going "yeah it's good...but I was hoping for diamonds"

midonnay

prick some holes into some of his condoms... then 9 months later complain everyday about all the peace and quiet you're suffering from.

Choc

Banned
oh deary me

'A California students' group has sparked a racism and sexism row over plans for a bake sale in which people are charged according to their ethnic background and gender.
Campus Republicans at the University of California, Berkeley say critics have overreacted to their event planned for this week, which they insist is a protest over affirmative action.
The group's Facebook page lists the price of baked goods at the sale according to race: $2 for whites, $1.50 for Asians, $1 for Hispanics, $0.75 for blacks and $0.25 for Native Americans.
Advertisement: Story continues below
"$0.25 FOR ALL WOMEN!" it added.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-students-spark-race-row-with-bake-sale-20110926-1ks2f.html#ixzz1Z0YLA0GL'

it's also on GAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446327

lets see the Yanks defend this oen

Choc said:
The group's Facebook page lists the price of baked goods at the sale according to race: $2 for whites, $1.50 for Asians, $1 for Hispanics, $0.75 for blacks and $0.25 for Native Americans.
So, the protest has received national attention? Seems like it's a success to me.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Darklord said:
The hilarious thing is HE wants more and keeps saying stuff about it. It's like striking gold and going "yeah it's good...but I was hoping for diamonds"

Haha Yea. He will fuck it up unless she wants more and they turn into a couple.

At least you can sit back and be jealous but laugh your ass off at the same time.

Shaneus

Well, despite murdering a whole (big) packet of Kookas jam biscuits, a hefty barbecue lunch, a bag of raspberry bullets and two bags of chocolate-covered raspberry licorice, I haven't put any weight on over the weekend. My metabolism is a fucking weird bastard.

Bet that even if I eat nothing the rest of the week I'll put on 10kg :/

Top Bottom