• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
shaneus: Apparently the game was most certainly not average.

And you could use it with Space Invaders Extreme.
Holy shit (on both counts). Hunting NOW.

Do all versions come with the dongle or is it only a special edition? Want to know what I should look out for.

jambo

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Circumventing region restrictions with hacks, mods and workarounds is illegal in some places. If you mod your console, but only play imports you bought yourself, I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

That's not what I'm talking about at all.

This is about scans of a magazine, which are banned on NeoGAF. I don't know why you brought up console modding.

And even if we were talking about that, hacking region restrictions doesn't fall under the category of illegally distributing copyrighted material.

Yagharek

ManeKast said:
Am I the only one that thinks this add on for the 3DS will be awesome for those of us with huge beast hands, like me? I saw it an thought, YES. I dont take mine on the go, however, and I can see how beastly that would be on the go.

It will make things somewhat more comfy to control, yes. But it will also make things possible to control like MGS3. Face buttons should never be used for character movement.

I guess this also means 3DS could very well be used as a Wii U controller now ...

It's hardly an implosion unless it represents something they want to seriously support. Otherwise, it'll be the CCPro all over again. Watch this thing get used by Monster Hunter and... nothing else. What we're seeing now is just the herping and derping of system warriors because we have no clue as to what this thing is going to be used for.

jambo said:
That's not what I'm talking about at all.

This is about scans of a magazine, which are banned on NeoGAF. I don't know why you brought up console modding.

And even if we were talking about that, hacking region restrictions doesn't fall under the category of illegally distributing copyrighted material.
It does if you're talking about using VPNs to get US-only steam games.

Also, I think scans are banned because GAF got a C&D letter one time.

Yagharek

Shaneus said:
Holy shit (on both counts). Hunting NOW.

Do all versions come with the dongle or is it only a special edition? Want to know what I should look out for.

I honestly cannot recall. It came with the JP version I think of Space Invaders and the US version of Arkanoid DS. I may be wrong though, so dont take it as fact.

I remember people on penny arcade forums going nuts for it back in the day.

edit: confirmed
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-2b0h.html

play asia product reviews show that it did work for Space invaders extreme :)

Choc

Banned
it needs to become a mandatory component, and to do that Nintendo has to give it to everyone who has bought a 3ds so far

they might just need to take that financial hit. The 2nd stick is a response to vita no doubt

Jintor said:
This is insane, though, I go to cook lunch and head to uni and while I was gone Nintendo self-destructs. Or something.
01net was all right! Nintendo have been dooming themselves for years! Also this isnt the worst thing they have ever done. Remember SNESCD?

Jintor

Do you think a 3DS redesign is on the horizon, Squirrel? 1, 2 years away? If it includes the additional circlepad...

Choc

Banned
Nintendo is fucked. They promised everyone no redesign for at least 12-18 months after release to stop people waiting for the lite

this thing is clearly in advanced development, and if they release a new version of it, they will feel the pain from that earlier comment.

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
So are they gonna pack this in with a game or something?

I refuse to buy it separately.
Yeah, Monster Hunter. It's the only game that uses it and it might remain the only game that uses it for all we know.

Jintor said:
Do you think a 3DS redesign is on the horizon, Squirrel? 1, 2 years away? If it includes the additional circlepad...
I think it is, but I think people hoping for a second circle pad are in for some disappointment. You watch, when it does get announced, people will be howling for that second circle pad, predicting Nintendo's doom, etc. People just aren't seeing the underlying pattern regarding Nintendo peripherals.

BanShunsaku said:
OT, (but I think someone mentioned ASoIaF recently) are there any Wheel of Time fans on AusGAF? I've only recently started reading the series (midway through book 2) but so far loving it. I know they apparently slow down after a few books but wow so far so good!

Video Games! Books!

I've read up to the last one Robert Jordan wrote. But now I have no idea what happened in them and I can't be bothered reading 11 freaking books in order to catch up and finish the last 2 (or is it up to 3 by now?)

Does anyone know where cheap copies of Space Marine for 360 can be found? All this talk of finding it cheap on steam is making me jealous. Bastards.
I've found it for $60 at cdwow, can anyone beat that?

FallbackPants said:
I've read up to the last one Robert Jordan wrote. But now I have no idea what happened in them and I can't be bothered reading 11 freaking books in order to catch up and finish the last 2 (or is it up to 3 by now?)

Does anyone know where cheap copies of Space Marine for 360 can be found? All this talk of finding it cheap on steam is making me jealous. Bastards.
I've found it for $60 at cdwow, can anyone beat that?
Big w has it for 58 this week sometime

Wait is that abc article for real.

elfinke

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
midonnay said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

44 votes to 37 if I heard right

its a conspiracy >_<

Yeah, a young first year player who plays every single game winning it, but he's Victorian! has to be a conspiracy, because he's from one of the big clubs.

I grew up in Adelaide, this attitude is EVERYWHERE and it's bullocks.

elfinke

HolyCheck said:
Yeah, a young first year player who plays every single game winning it, but he's Victorian! has to be a conspiracy, because he's from one of the big clubs.

I grew up in Adelaide, this attitude is EVERYWHERE and it's bullocks.

BCfjh.jpg

Kerrby

Banned
midonnay said:

its a conspiracy >_<

There's no way there's that big a gap between the two players but 44/45 votes is impressive.

Shuey deserved more votes though.

jambo

midonnay said:

its a conspiracy >_<

A mate of mine always harps on about the Victorian conspiracy, sometimes jokingly and sometimes seriously.

So sick of it!

Yagharek

Kerrby said:
There's no way there's that big a gap between the two players but 44/45 votes is impressive.

Shuey deserved more votes though.

Heh, what's the bet the 1 missing vote was from Glen Jackovich?

West coast conspiracy total. Hell, if you asked west coast supporters, apparently there are only two teams in the league. Perth is such an inwards-looking city. "football" news here is basically a west coast/fremantle circle jerk.

Essendon's first NAB Rising Star. One of the favourites for the club B&F. Played every game in his debut season, and a good kid by all accounts.

Nothing against Schuey who is a great young player too, but come on. Heppell earnt it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
RandomVince said:

West coast conspiracy total. Hell, if you asked west coast supporters, apparently there are only two teams in the league. Perth is such an inwards-looking city. "football" news here is basically a west coast/fremantle circle jerk.

Essendon's first NAB Rising Star. One of the favourites for the club B&F. Played every game in his debut season, and a good kid by all accounts.

Nothing against Schuey who is a great young player too, but come on. Heppell earnt it.

BUT ESSENDON MONEY HATS.

Kerrby

Banned
RandomVince said:

Haha, my first thought when I saw the votes was Jackovich. The West is a total West Coast bukkake fest too :lol.

That said, I am a West Coast supporter :p.

midonnay

basically eight out of nine judges gave heppell (cough* 5 votes and shuey *cough* 4 votes

the lone defender against this outrage was champion centre half back

glen jakovich

292076-pn-adrian-barich.jpg

the lone, clearly unbiased judge of the lot

shame shame shame.

Top Bottom