• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

jambo

HolyCheck said:
Myer just rang 5 days after they TOOK MY MONEY.

to say my "ps3 go" is out of stock

expect a call Jambo

Haha I got the exact same call, just checked my voice mail.

Too bad, I was looking forward to my PS3 Go.

Fredescu said:
Food has come a long way from just being the traiditional cuisine from various countries.

I want one!
I also want one. Myer even called me up and asked if it was okay that they source a copy of Move Heroes from another store since they were out of stock. Either their inventory system is off or someone has been slow hitting the out of stock button.

What did you mean by the international foods thing? I have sushi here that is different to in Japan and I would like to also taste it over there, same with ribs or risotto or any other foods.

Choc

Banned
commanderdeek said:
heh, they all add up to be about the same in the end.

Given the occasion, vks, you should go for a place with a nice view - so one of the ones choc has suggested. Having a nice view makes the night extra special! Oh and if you do book one of choc's suggestions, make sure you tell them it's a special occasion and ask for a good table:)

absolutely, 360 waiters are brilliant so do tell em :)

Kerrby

Banned
So I'm playing Counter-Strike: Source on this minigames server and there's four people playing including me. Anyway there's this thing called knife arena where one person at a time goes into this pit to knife fight someone 1 vs 1. Anyway there was this smart-arse troll guy who was abusing me and the other guy on my team and wouldn't go in the pit which was holding the whole team up. After 10 minutes of arguing the guy on my team threatens to DDOS the other guys internet, which the guy says is complete bullshit. So the guy DOS's the server and we instantly rejoin and speaking to the guy who DOS'd the server, he said he did something to the guys internet where in 2 hours time, his internet will completely stop and be overhauled with pop ups every two seconds.

Yeah, that guy would be shitting his pants right about now :D.

midonnay said:
massive sook incoming if Shuey doesn't win rising star :/

Also this. Shuey is way better than Heppel and is the reason why the Eagles won so many games this year.

Shaneus

Anyone know if Ace Combat 6 for 360 is any good? It's REALLY cheap on the Big W site.

And reposting for new page. Job websites?

Choc

Banned
and people wonder why retail in Australia is fucked?

Case in point Myer online. if you have true inventory management, FIFO and everything sorted like a fucking company like Myer should. you would have live stock updates to the site as people buy it, in proper supply chain management.

If amazon can do it, and kogan can do it, myer can do it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Kerrby said:
So I'm playing Counter-Strike: Source on this minigames server and there's four people playing including me. Anyway there's this thing called knife arena where one person at a time goes into this pit to knife fight someone 1 vs 1. Anyway there was this smart-arse troll guy who was abusing me and the other guy on my team and wouldn't go in the pit which was holding the whole team up. After 10 minutes of arguing the guy on my team threatens to DDOS the other guys internet, which the guy says is complete bullshit. So the guy DOS's the server and we instantly rejoin and speaking to the guy who DOS'd the server, he said he did something to the guys internet where in 2 hours time, his internet will completely stop and be overhauled with pop ups every two seconds.

Also this. Shuey is way better than Heppel and is the reason why the Eagles won so many games this year.

Dislike for you grows every day.

edit: that was before you even edited your post to include the last part.

Choc

Banned
Kerrby said:

wat

jambo

Kerrby said:

=\

Bernbaum

Shaneus said:
Anyone know if Ace Combat 6 for 360 is any good? It's REALLY cheap on the Big W site.

It's a fantastic game and I started replaying it a few months ago.

Good mix of missions and planes, some deliciously terribad cutscenes dripping with overwrought Japanese drama, and the graphics still impress me. Dogfights can get a tad repetitive but I love that sort of stuff.

Shaneus said:

The gaf thread seemed really hyped before launch but I havent checked back since. Looks great from trailers. Loved thw old games. Even found hawx to be pretty fun in an arcadey way

Kerrby

Banned
What is wrong with my last post? I'm just reporting a story that happened.

I think you guys just like hating me for the sake of hating me.

elfinke

The hyperbole and reactions to the still-rumoured-but-more-or-less-confirmed 3DS attachment thing are proving fun to follow.

01net vindicated.

Kerrby

Banned
Choc said:

I don't even know if that's possible but I was trying to shorten the story as much as possible. I guess I should've added how he was threatening both of us with DOS along with being abusive before the guy on my team actually did it.

midonnay

elfinke said:
The hyperbole and reactions to the still-rumoured-but-more-or-less-confirmed 3DS attachment thing are proving fun to follow.

01net vindicated.

o_O

drove by Gaming.... this is so stupid nintendo -__-

elfinke said:

01net vindicated.
Gaf will meltdown at the announcement. Will be delicious.

Also another server in Perth has gone down so no work for me to do today! You would think a national company would put a damn server here in Victoria to run out of. Muppets.

Gazunta

Shaneus said:
It might have been lost in my flurry of posts, but can anyone point me in the direction of decent job websites? IT-centric or otherwise, just curious about my worth and what I can do to further my education to increase my employability...ness.
You mean like seek.com.au ?

Choc

Banned
its not going to fix 3ds

also, they have now segmented the market unless they fucking give it to us for free, which they should

that is not entitlement complex, that is you guys fucked up, trying to fix it and make us paying for it is ridiculuos

Fredescu

reptilescorpio said:
What did you mean by the international foods thing? I have sushi here that is different to in Japan and I would like to also taste it over there, same with ribs or risotto or any other foods.
I mean there are plenty of "foods that you haven't eaten regularly yet" here in this country too, at the expensive restuarants you were saying were worthless. They're not just serving up more expensive versions of stuff you make at home like ribs or risotto or steak. The top restuarants are experimenting and reinventing and creating new and interesting dishes. Check out some of the menus at the places we've been talking about, keeping in mind that you can eat all of these dishes in one sitting:

Quay tasting menu:

Sashimi of blue mackerel,
smoked eel flowers, sea scallops, pickled apple,
nasturtiums, Tasmanian wasabi

Salad of rhubarb, endive, beetroot,
purple carrot, rosa radish, kohlrabi,
goat's curd, pomegranate molasses, violet

Gently poached southern rock lobster,
golden tapioca, shaved squid,
lobster velvet, pea flowers

Slow cooked partridge breast,
pumpernickel, walnuts, quinoa, truffle, chestnuts, milk skin

Confit of milk fed Suffolk lamb,
purple garlic, Jerusalem artichokes,
sheep's milk curd, salt bush shoots, fennel pollen, Pantelleria capers

Slow braised Berkshire pig jowl,
maltose crackling, prunes, cauliflower cream,
perfumed with prune kernel oil

Jewels

Ewe's milk ice-cream,
caramel, roasted walnuts, prune, Pedro Ximénez ,
chocolate bark, pulled toffee, vanilla milk skin

Marque's degustation menu:

Tuna with Foie Gras & Olive Truffle

Almond Jelly with Blue Swimmer Crab, Almond Gazpacho, Sweet Corn & Avruga

Warm Oyster with Globe Artichoke, Citrus Salad & Cocoa

Poached Calamari with Lardo & Black Radish

Duck Egg with Macadamia, Stout Sabayon & Button Mushrooms

Pigeon with Mullet Roe, Sautéed Lettuce, Cucumber & Dill

Grain Fed Wagyu Bavette with Onion, Black Tea & Stem Salad

(Optional Course)

Carles Roquefort, Beetroot, Guava, Rose Petals & Raspberries

Sauternes Custard

Roast Pineapple with Szechuan Pepper & Manjimup Black Truffle
‘Greedy Hunter’

Salted Caramel Chocolates, Lemon Drops & Bitter Bon Bons

--

It's stuff that goes well beyond "a nice steak" or stuff that you could just whip up at home. There are some truly amazing culinary experiences right on your doorstep! Yeah, they cost a buttload, but they're awesome for special occaisions.

Yagharek

Choc said:
its not going to fix 3ds

also, they have now segmented the market unless they fucking give it to us for free, which they should

that is not entitlement complex, that is you guys fucked up, trying to fix it and make us paying for it is ridiculuos

If only that logic worked for 360 Slim consoles.

Choc said:
its not going to fix 3ds

Maybe they want build a sexy looking tower like the Mega Drive. Would buy!

midonnay said:
if true..... I'm not touching the 3DS until the inevitable lite redesign with it built in.
There will be no "Lite" redesign. Stop calling it that. You can't miniaturise the 3DS any further than it is without either compromising the ergonomics, a revolution in battery tech and button construction.

If anything, the first revision will be an XL.

Yagharek

Sigh.

Oh well, I'm resigned to the fact a redesign now seems inevitable. Here's hoping for an XL sized unit with dual sliders, DSLite battery life or better, and equivalent sized screens. And software transfer, though thats a given.

I would be annoyed if I couldnt afford it though.

jambo

Hahahaha, Myer Online's phone set up is terrible.

They're running ads while you're on hold, but a voice randomly cuts in every now and then saying "YOU ARE NEXT IN THE QUEUE" really loudly :lol

markot said:
I dont get, outside of lefties, what the extra pad would do >.<
People like using the right stick for camera control, for some reason. I call it a sub-optimal way to play when you have a touchpad right there, but enough people must want it that Sony included it on the Vita (which doesn't need a right stick either). MH fans must be the most reactionary, change-resistant gamers ever.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Maybe they want build a sexy looking tower like the Mega Drive. Would buy!
On a similar note, did you see that add-on for the original DS/Lite that came with Arkanoid that was a spinner that connects to the GBA slot? Never bought it but totally fucking should have. Apparently the game itself was average but dat peripheral, hmm.

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
People like using the right stick for camera control, for some reason. I call it a sub-optimal way to play when you have a touchpad right there, but enough people must want it that Sony included it on the Vita (which doesn't need a right stick either). MH fans must be the most reactionary, change-resistant gamers ever.
The lack of a second stick on the PSP made MGS:portable Ops completely unplayable for me.

legend166

I've been saying Nintendo came out with the 3DS way too early and I was right.

They should have swapped the Wii U and 3DS release dates around......except add 6 months so the Wii U would come out November 2011.

jambo

viciouskillersquirrel said:

More controls and options are always a good thing.

Bernbaum said:
The lack of a second stick on the PSP made MGS:portable Ops completely unplayable for me.
Did the PSP have a back touchpad? No, I didn't think so.

EDIT: Sorry, that came across a little mean. The PSP needed a second form of analog control, but the PSV won't.

Top Bottom