• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

midonnay

VsEub.jpg

FGMPR

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Kerrby, your last reply was "How about you shut the fuck up if you can't handle a little debate you pathetic little man. Go back to having a cry at someone over the internet and pull your head out of your arse."

What do I reply to that? BRB getting my shaving kit so I can properly lube my head up for full removal?

A casual observation would be about the state of Port Adelaides football team.

Port? shit... I don't think any observation about their shitness could be deemed casual. I could write a fucking bible on how bad they've been since the great September rape of 07.

JaseC said:
Consider the TP-Link TD-W8960N ($70~$80). I myself use one, with it replacing an ageing Billion 7404-VGPM, and thus far it's been great. I do miss the ability to disable the LAN ports, though.

Thanks, this one does have some great feedback and reviews.

Where did you buy it from?

Echoplx

DeathJr said:

I use this one as well, I think I recommended it to JaseC a while back actually.

It's got a broadcom chipset so it's extremely stable and fast, wireless range/quality is also great.

Getting one from umart would probably be the easiest option.

FGMPR

Banned
markot said:
Shadow Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull has labelled companies such as Google and Yahoo, as well as network vendors, as "conspirators against the taxpayer" for praising the $35.9 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) project.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/google-is-an-nbn-conspirator-turnbull-339321876.htm

LOL. How about the Liberals "conspiracy" to pass workchoices through without the consent of the Australian public. That was the sleaziest bait and switch in Australian political history.

Choc

Banned
markot said:
Shadow Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull has labelled companies such as Google and Yahoo, as well as network vendors, as "conspirators against the taxpayer" for praising the $35.9 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) project.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/google-is-an-nbn-conspirator-turnbull-339321876.htm

oh Malcolm, stop being Tonys lackey. You know the shit you are saying right now you personally do not believe so stop sprouting it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DeathJr said:

PCCG.

3chopl0x said:
I use this one as well, I think I recommended it to JaseC a while back actually.

It's got a broadcom chipset so it's extremely stable and fast, wireless range/quality is also great.

Getting one from umart would probably be the easiest option.

Yeah, I remembered an AusGAFer recommending it, but couldn't remember who exactly. :p

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Carlton is going to win the Final anyway so everyone should pull out some bagpipes and play for me.

Jintor

Overwhelming guilt re: relationships time!

I think I'll play some more Radiant Historia and forget about my IRL worries

Hmm, better remember to print off and submit my assignment tommorrow. Pity it makes no goddamn sense.

FallbackPants said:
Louis Theroux's The Most Hated Family in America is on ABC2. Go and watch it now.
That, by far, is the saddest Louis episode. I had heard about them extensively before this, but had never seem them in their 'day-to-day' lives. I cannot imagine living my life in such joyous hatred of people. I cannot imagine living my life hating someone that much just because of their sexual orientation. I cannot imagine hating people because I beleive my God told me to.

Most of all, I can't imagine infecting children with my disease.

Kerrby said:
Bring back the classics I say, Sale of the Century, Burgos Catchphrase and The Price is Right.
Catchphrase is a classic? Fuck me.

Oh, you're banned again.

Omi said:
i hope no one here reported him. sure he was a dick but he is entitled to his opinion and he hardly did anything ban worthy.
Yeah, I agree. I think it his problem was that he liked to stir the pot but also had a few... unpopular perspectives. Also, a few people around here seemed to jump on him for saying almost anything.

Kritz

Banned
Planet_JASE said:
Yeah, I agree. I think it his problem was that he liked to stir the pot but also had a few... unpopular perspectives. Also, a few people around here seemed to jump on him for saying almost anything.

"How about you shut the fuck up if you can't handle a little debate you pathetic little man. Go back to having a cry at someone over the internet and pull your head out of your arse."

So that's a thing.

Fogz

So, Videogames.
Dead Island is pretty fun :)

Also, woke up to news this morning that an unplanned trip to Newcastle may be in the cards very soon. Like today or tomorrow.

Kritz said:
"How about you shut the fuck up if you can't handle a little debate you pathetic little man. Go back to having a cry at someone over the internet and pull your head out of your arse."

So that's a thing.
There was a certain amount of provocation before that. The conversation wasn't exactly civil before or after that comment.

So that's a thing.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'mnot excusing his comment but it certainly wasn't a case of:
"How do you do, Kerrby? Fine day we're having, don't you think?"
"Shut your whore mouth and die you filthy fucker!!"

elfinke

midonnay said:

Do like. After seeing it I considered doing one for Alan Joyce - something like "Move QANTAS overseas, sack 1000 people... Get $5mil pay rise" (capitalism ho!.jpg), but I'm shit at these things. Would work for Sol Trujillo too.

Poor Malcolm, I can't toe the line for anyone or anything, and I'm a far less important person with far less on the line then he. I don't know how he sits on the bench near the other mongrel in the Liberal cabinet at the moment and keeps his mouth shut... he is surely the world champion at swallowing pride. And to think, we only missed out on him being the opposition leader by 1 vote.

Heard on the radio on the drive into work this morning that a report has been released showing that the Gov't has helped stitch up the mining industry to the tune of $1bil with assistance and subsidies, whereas the manufacturing industry received 'far less'.

Putting emotions aside about the raping of our minerals for no long term social benefit, this doesn't sit well with me either.

Omi said:
Hey, don't tell me the vitriol around the game was wrong!

Its funny, because GAF vitriol aside, Dead Island has me tempted more than any of the other recently released titles. I haven't bought a game for a couple of months but I'm seriously thinking about grabbing it on the weekend. Where is the cheapest place for it to be had on PC?

Fogz

Omi said:
Hey, don't tell me the vitriol around the game was wrong!

I don't like saying anyone is wrong, but in my opinion I feel it is a fun game and so far less janky then New Vegas.

Fredescu

Omi said:
i hope no one here reported him. sure he was a dick but he is entitled to his opinion and he hardly did anything ban worthy.
Yes he did. Direct insults are typically banworthy and he called Holy a "pathetic little man."

Shaneus

Planet_JASE said:
That, by far, is the saddest Louis episode. I had heard about them extensively before this, but had never seem them in their 'day-to-day' lives. I cannot imagine living my life in such joyous hatred of people. I cannot imagine living my life hating someone that much just because of their sexual orientation. I cannot imagine hating people because I beleive my God told me to.

Most of all, I can't imagine infecting children with my disease.
There is a followup of that where he revisits the church. I think there were a number of people in the one that was aired last night (which is several years old) that had left altogether by the time they filmed the second one.
reptilescorpio said:
What the fuck happened last night? Aus GAF invaded by a bunch of drunken louts or just full moon fever? Was it even a full moon last night?
You weren't here! That's what happened.

Heartless bastard.

So, wanna do Party Animals XBL sometime this weekend?

Omikron

Fredescu said:
Yes he did. Direct insults are typically banworthy and he called Holy a "pathetic little man."

From a 100% faithful interpretation, maybe. Not sure I agree however. :)

God damn, I am sticking up for Kerrby now! Topic change!

BanShunsaku said:
Its funny, because GAF vitriol aside, Dead Island has me tempted more than any of the other recently released titles. I haven't bought a game for a couple of months but I'm seriously thinking about grabbing it on the weekend. Where is the cheapest place for it to be had on PC?

Yeah, I am looking fwd to giving it a go, just gotta stay strong and finish of Deus Ex first! I am still faffing about in Hengsha.

Cheapest place... steam 4-pack?

Yagharek

You know what I love? When you have to get up early at 5am, and wake up in the middle of the night feeling fully rested, and it's only 1145.

Omikron

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
The one game I want to play and I just don't have the time.

I should get around to trying to the demo of that but my copy of Deus Ex just arrived. I also picked up a cheap copy of Bad Company 2 because I felt like spending $20 to shoot internet people in the face. Video games.

midonnay

on the other hand in the mary jo fischer case....

apparently video evidence was destroyed just before the police requested it.... very sneaky

Omi said:
Yeah, I am looking fwd to giving it a go, just gotta stay strong and finish of Deus Ex first! I am still faffing about in Hengsha.

The cheapest is definitely from GMG, they have a current 15% promotion and you can use the
READY-UPDEA-ISLAN voucher for a further 20% off. This brings the game down to $34 (about $32.50 in AUD), plus if you use my referal link (that I just sent through PM) to sign up you (and I) will get a further $5 for your next purchase. This deal will run out in 24 hours though, so you might be best getting it now and saving your play through rather than buying latter at a higher price.

Omi said:

I think GMG has Dead Island the cheapest if you use a code.

Think I saw it discussed in the OT.

Edit: Yeah what Sutton said.

Omikron

Sutton Dagger said:
The cheapest is definitely from GMG, they have a current 15% promotion and you can use the
READY-UPDEA-ISLAN voucher for a further 20% off. This brings the game down to $34 (about $32.50 in AUD), plus if you use my referal link (that I just sent through PM) to sign up you (and I) will get a further $5 for your next purchase. This deal will run out in 24 hours though, so you might be best getting it now and saving your play through rather than buying latter at a higher price.

There you go :p

FWIW, I already picked up a copy in a 4-pack. :D

Top Bottom