• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

ShyGuy

Has anybody who got the Xbox Live Rewards email from Microsoft actually signed up AND been able to view their stats?

I signed up, I am already a Gold member, and it's been over 36 hours, and I still can't see my stats...

Anybody having issues or am I just being a tad impatient?

elfinke said:
Hard Reset, whatcha all thinking? The GB quick look was pretty good, and initial impressions in gaming side are also pretty positive.
My erection that has been stoked by de3 will hopefully be carried over into Hard Reset. Still busting chops in Hengsha loving every minute.

Such a great year for gaming so far.

Also hell yes Shaneus

jambo said:
What's your Steam account name?

sutton_dagger

I won't bother with the screen shots though cause I checked out what they looked like through Steam and they look terrible for some reason, they definitely don't represent what I'm seeing.

This game is going to be ridiculously fun in co-op I reckon, too bad the PC servers are still down :(

Fogz

elfinke said:
Hard Reset, whatcha all thinking? The GB quick look was pretty good, and initial impressions in gaming side are also pretty positive.

Sold on the pedigree, sold on the QL, sold on the price.

I think I might get it :)

Gazunta

Shaneus said:
Hey AusGAF. Both reptilescorpio and I have recently bought Viva Pinata: Party Animals. I reckon we should organise a group/night when we should all play it, dribble honey all over each other, collect candy and drink soda pop. Who's with me? It's dirt cheap pretty much everywhere and looks like it would be a hell of a lot of fun in multi, but after numerous attempts I'm yet to be quickmatched with anyone on Live.

Let me know when you're playing and I'll try to make it. There's a special achievement you can only get if you play with me...or someone who has played with me, or someone who has played with someone who has played with me etc etc.

Yagharek

Gaming-side baffles me. Or rather, it's so predictably hostile it's ridiculous.

Case in point, review of this week:

Dragon Quest X revealed, online only.
Forum reaction: WTF? Online? Rage rage rage troll rage.
3DS add-on announced
Forum reaction: Troll troll troll troll troll Vita troll troll troll
Add-on revealed as optional for MH Tri
Forum reaction: crickets chirping
Monster Hunter Tri for 3DS announced, no online just as per PSP versions
Forum reaction: troll troll troll rage troll Vita troll troll
Bonus reaction: "Nintendo doesn't get online!"

Is it just me, or is the incessant level of Nintendo trolling above and beyond all reasonable perspectives these days? I've never seen this level of contradiction, schaenfreude, trolling and righteous indignation before.

Choc

Banned
hrm, maybe a ce worth looking at?

618w_sonic_generation_collectors_edition.jpg

markot

Banned
Choc said:
TRACKMANIA 2

is out next week
Oh? Well I got that already >.< hope the courses are more fun, or at least dont have 'WHICH WAY DO I GO?!' moments in them, I hate those... Also I hate the drive up a wall bits >.> makes it hard to nail really good times...

markot

Banned
RandomVince said:
Gaming-side baffles me. Or rather, it's so predictably hostile it's ridiculous.

Case in point, review of this week:

Dragon Quest X revealed, online only.
Forum reaction: WTF? Online? Rage rage rage troll rage.
3DS add-on announced
Forum reaction: Troll troll troll troll troll Vita troll troll troll
Add-on revealed as optional for MH Tri
Forum reaction: crickets chirping
Monster Hunter Tri for 3DS announced, no online just as per PSP versions
Forum reaction: troll troll troll rage troll Vita troll troll
Bonus reaction: "Nintendo doesn't get online!"

Is it just me, or is the incessant level of Nintendo trolling above and beyond all reasonable perspectives these days? I've never seen this level of contradiction, schaenfreude, trolling and righteous indignation before.
Its Nintendo, it.... does something to people...

Fredescu

Is there any bonus for buying Trackmania 2 early? I have no time for video games at all at the moment, but I know I will want to play that one eventually.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
im having cravings for xenoblade . im sitting here thinking about it. longing for it.

i havent been like this with a game fir years. i need to play it. god damn work

Choc

Banned
going away with work and taking my 3ds

what games will i play? my NES ambassador ones

good job nintendo, i am playing 20 year old games instead of recent ones because there isnt shit on the system :)

hamchan

Gaming side really is like:

Post something
Either get ignored completely or receive a snarky reply from a random asshole

Nintendo related stuff especially brings outthe crazies.

Jintor said:
Dan says Space Marine is pretty good, though he's just playing Multiplayer at the moment.
That's good, because I read (joystiq i think?) that the multiplayer wasn't as good as the single. Which was apparently too short, so it's good the multi is solid

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
Is there any bonus for buying Trackmania 2 early? I have no time for video games at all at the moment, but I know I will want to play that one eventually.

BETA access, which we have all been playing and it is awesome.

It also might be cheaper?

hamchan

Choc said:
going away with work and taking my 3ds

what games will i play? my NES ambassador ones

good job nintendo, i am playing 20 year old games instead of recent ones because there isnt shit on the system :)

Lol, the 3DS has pretty much become my DS machine. Worse picture quality but slide pad makes up for it kinda.

Choc said:
hrm, maybe a ce worth looking at?

618w_sonic_generation_collectors_edition.jpg
You saw the CE thread too? Would buy local at $99 without a doubt. My SEGA fanboy blood runs deep.

Everyone picks on Nintendo because they don't cater to the wider core gamer as much as the other companies. The WiiU might turn that around if they have a decent MP system this time around, at least 3rd parties seem a bit more interested this time around.

Yagharek

hamchan said:
Gaming side really is like:

Post something
Either get ignored completely or receive a snarky reply from a random asshole

Nintendo related stuff especially brings outthe crazies.

Throw in port begging when a good 3rd party game comes out, and cries of "lol no games" in the other thread doing the rounds on the same day.

Nintendo trolls have very short memories.

Gazunta

If Generations is as good as Colours was I would not mind buying the CE of that, looks ace.

Also, I will pay an infinite amount of money for those BTTF shoes. Fuck it, I'll take out a second mortgage, whatever.

Shaneus

Hey reptile, you wanna organise a Party Animals sesh sometime? Gaz ever-so-kindly informed us that there's actually a cheevo for playing with a dev or playing with someone who played with a dev (and so on...).

Plus, it could actually be fun! I'm sure Franklin's winning dance is way better when it's for victory over other people :p

Gazunta

Not just 'a dev', it has to be me in particular.

But that cheevo spread pretty quickly back in the day after I played one (1) game with Chris Kohler
before the game crashed lol

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
Not just 'a dev', it has to be me in particular.

But that cheevo spread pretty quickly back in the day after I played one (1) game with Chris Kohler
before the game crashed lol

wtf really?

you specifically?

Shaneus said:
Hey reptile, you wanna organise a Party Animals sesh sometime? Gaz ever-so-kindly informed us that there's actually a cheevo for playing with a dev or playing with someone who played with a dev (and so on...).

Plus, it could actually be fun! I'm sure Franklin's winning dance is way better when it's for victory over other people :p
Sure I'm up for that. I haven't actually opened the game but give me a heads up and I'll jump in. Best for after 7:30pm on weeknights or anytime this weekend.

Gazunta

Choc said:
wtf really?

you specifically?
Yep, has to be "Gazunta" so it's me.

Well unless someone steals my XBL account :)

Please nobody steal my XBL account

It was my cunning attempt to get Microsoft to give me a lifetime XBL subscription in order to make sure the cheevo would always work.
They didn't fall for it

Choc

Banned
Catch It if You Can 20
Play a game with anyone who has this achievement to earn it. Then, you can “spread” it too.

Gazunta

Yep, so I played it once with Kohler, who then spread it to a few people, who spread it to a few people etc etc.

But now if Shaneus / Reptile can't find ppl to play with any more (fair enough, the game's 4 years old now!) I'll need to spread it around some more (oo-er missus etc)

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
Yep, so I played it once with Kohler, who then spread it to a few people, who spread it to a few people etc etc.

But now if Shaneus / Reptile can't find ppl to play with any more (fair enough, the game's 4 years old now!) I'll need to spread it around some more (oo-er missus etc)

sounds like an STD

totally appropriate for a childs game :p

Choc said:
sounds like an STD

totally appropriate for a childs game :p
There were quite a few MP FPS games that had these kinds of achievements, which were okay during the first few weeks of play but at this point you need to organise a meetup on x360a or something to get the viral achievements.

Choc

Banned
aerial-still-16x9-408x264.jpg

thats a lot of striking workers

seems NSW premier is in for a hard time. Well thats what happens when you make it illegal for the industrial relations commission to rule on wage rises in the public service.

elfinke

An hour to the cricket.

I'm logged into the Toll IPEC tracking page, it's been telling me my stuff is in a truck in my town since 9am, "ON FOR DELIVERY".

Deliver it already dammit!

Jintor

Got my 360 controller + dongle for PC today, so gonna maybe finish up Chantelise tommorrow. Insert Coin tonight! Totes gonna arcade it up with my buddies.

Top Bottom