• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

elektrixx said:
Just because a cartoon is cheaply made crappy japanese animation doesn't make it adult.

If you're deaf, all you can lip read from these shows is "bup bup bup bup bup" and then *teardrop from forehead* *fall over in two frames*.
Come on man, Pearl Harbour was years ago. Let go of the pain and don't take out your anger on the descendants of those who involved in those dark times. You sound like my great-grandfather.

Salazar

The production of Annie coming to QPAC.

Revolting on numerous levels.

Humorous on one: Alan Jones is playing FDR.

Omikron

What a pleasant sunday... out for lunch, then slummed it at home sucking on a beer playing Deus Ex.

Happy days.

Shaneus

Yo, RS. Thanks for the tip on CB. It's great to watch an anime that doesn't get too involved or complex. Having stories contained in entire episodes is also a godsend... means that I don't have to watch the show in a large chunk to follow any of the arcs.

OneMoreQuestion said:
Sigh... So who else got spoiled in the Resistance thread, and by a mod (kinda), no less :/
The marketing so far has led me to believe that humanity will be snuffed out and we lost. But I havent even finished the second game yet so I havent ventured into the news threads yet

Omi said:
What a pleasant sunday... out for lunch, then slummed it at home sucking on a beer playing Deus Ex.

Happy days.
Same here, aside from a memory leak problem that has given me a few problems mainly around fire. Also had to turn off steam saves as it was freezing when trying to load quick saves.

Also check out Gungrave now Shaneus!

remz

anyone mildly interested in anime needs to check out Redline whenever it comes out on bluray, fuckin ace.

Omikron

Removed from someone's Facebook list after disagreeing with their opinion. amusingly it was over them not liking the censorship of Glenn Milne. Irony much?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Omi said:
Removed from someone's Facebook list after disagreeing with their opinion. amusingly it was over them not liking the censorship of Glenn Milne. Irony much?

#lifeshard, #itagshitlikeawanker

>_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Omi said:

I noticed yesterday that I now have one less friend, but I can't figure out who removed me... and as such I don't particularly care.

Shaneus

Yeah, if someone doesn't have the balls to tell you why you're deleted then it's not worth worrying about. Chances are they were doing a cull.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Things i need to remember when clothes shopping, Buy 1 size up since things tend to shrink after washing.

Now i have 2 hoodies that are a little too tight, sigh.

Shaneus said:
Yeah, if someone doesn't have the balls to tell you why you're deleted then it's not worth worrying about. Chances are they were doing a cull.
Yeah when I used to be on Facebook every day I already had a rule to never have triple figures of friends because any more than that and it wouldnt serve the pupose of tracking my ACTUAL friends rather than just a shitload of people I know. Now I dont even go on at all.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Yeah when I used to be on Facebook every day I already had a rule to never have triple figures of friends because any more than that and it wouldnt serve the pupose of tracking my ACTUAL friends rather than just a shitload of people I know. Now I dont even go on at all.
I have spot-on 200. There are people who have 2-3 times as much. I should do a cull, actually. Given I don't go out anywhere near as much as I used to, there's a heap of people I'd see every Friday/Saturday that I don't anymore.

Woo.

Jintor

I thought Rideback was okay, thought it was obvious the animation team put all their magic into the riding sequences

Shaneus

Update: Now have 158... got rid of all I could without offending people I might run into once every few months.

Omikron

I couldnt really give a toss about the removal. more purely amused at the circumstance. :p

i shall leave them to their lolling about 'ditch the witch' and discussions on censorship. yeah.

Shaneus

I love how people make such a big deal out of (un)following/(un)friending. Just because you don't want to know what they're thinking at any point in time or can't get in contact with them via an online social network, doesn't mean you don't give a shit.

/rant

So, gaming today. Finished another act of Vanquish. Such a tightly put together game. No b/s, just action the whole way through. Story's a bit hard to follow (mostly because I zone out during the cutscenes) but the action and bosses are awesome fun. Don't know why the fuck I was thinking about buying DE3 when I haven't even finished a 7 hour game at least once.

I had almost 400 friends on FB last year. Did some spring cleaning and now I'm down to 258.

BTW, does anybody know about Burbank builders? I'm looking to get a house built and they're offering really great prices with a lot of extras...

Jintor

Omi said:
yeah pc. there are little interlude scenes which aren't in engine and look like arse

especially if you look at the square CG trailer and see how beautiful and clean it is

that wouldn't stop some of the scenes from being manifestly retarded but at least they'd be beautiful while they did it

Omi said:
yeah pc. there are little interlude scenes which aren't in engine and look like arse
Indeed. Graphics have gotten to the point where pre rendered cut scenes rarely are needed. Especially bad here and even Red Faction 2 had some poor ones I think.

Shaneus

Omi said:
Shit. You'd think that on PC they'd be capable of doing it. What usually ends up happening is they assume everyone runs at 1280x720 and encode their videos as such.

Oh well!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
DeathJr said:
I had almost 400 friends on FB last year. Did some spring cleaning and now I'm down to 258.

BTW, does anybody know about Burbank builders? I'm looking to get a house built and they're offering really great prices with a lot of extras...

I had about 300ish, deleted my facebook and made a new one under a fake name, now have about 65 people.

All people I would invite over to my house for dinner.

None of these OH I MET YOU AT 2 PARTIES IN A ROW WE'RE FRIENDS NOW bullshit. and I have no hard feelings about rejecting friend requests like some people seem too.

HolyCheck said:
I had about 300ish, deleted my facebook and made a new one under a fake name, now have about 65 people.

All people I would invite over to my house for dinner.

None of these OH I MET YOU AT 2 PARTIES IN A ROW WE'RE FRIENDS NOW bullshit. and I have no hard feelings about rejecting friend requests like some people seem too.
Had a friend request from my partners gay friend that lives 4 hours away that I have never met and she hasnt seen in 2 years and hasnt talked to in almost as long. Had no fucking clue how I was supposed to accept a request in that situation. Why would I say yes to a stranger?

Omikron

Jintor said:
especially if you look at the square CG trailer and see how beautiful and clean it is

that wouldn't stop some of the scenes from being manifestly retarded but at least they'd be beautiful while they did it
indeed. they generally only last 10sec max. just seems like a waste of time, especially with the really clean pc gfx. maybe consolers don't notice this shit. :p

Jintor

I actually like putting people I met once at parties on my facebook, if I'm likely to see them again. It's easier to remember their names that way.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Had a friend request from my partners gay friend that lives 4 hours away that I have never met and she hasnt seen in 2 years and hasnt talked to in almost as long. Had no fucking clue how I was supposed to accept a request in that situation. Why would I say yes to a stranger?
Exactly. Old school "friends" are the worst for that, too. Just because you have so little going on in your life you feel the need to "friend" someone you went to school with 15 years ago, doesn't mean my life is as empty and meaningless.
Jintor said:
I actually like putting people I met once at parties on my facebook, if I'm likely to see them again. It's easier to remember their names that way.
Same. But if you don't do it for a while, shit can get messy.

I don't barely use facebook and only just use google+ for actual real life friends rather than people who I've never met.

I use Linkedin the most and I really, really hate getting connection requests from people I have never met, have never worked with or had any dealings with. LI actually asks you what connection you have with someone and if you say 'I have never met XXXX', you need that person's email otherwise it won't let you even send the invite.

evlcookie said:
Things i need to remember when clothes shopping, Buy 1 size up since things tend to shrink after washing.

Now i have 2 hoodies that are a little too tight, sigh.

My wife will tell you that's the dryer. Use a clothes line or a drying rack. If it still shrinks, you're doing it wrong.

Saw The Help today. I thought it was very good and much more enjoyable than I was expecting. I will never be able to eat a chocolate pie again.

Hey Jambo! Still celebrating mate?
su-pu-1.jpg
That's Spanish for we finally won a game after 11 straight losses and got off the bottom! Still spoonless! We don't get no spooning!

d4533

I'm so glad we managed to get that win today despite the best efforts to throw it away at the start of the forth.

After such a horrible year was good to end it with a win.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
ClivePwned said:
My wife will tell you that's the dryer. Use a clothes line or a drying rack. If it still shrinks, you're doing it wrong.

Yep. I wanted to hang them out but the weather today as shitty. I really should have done it yesterday, the weather was beautiful.

Still frustrating. I like my clothing to be lose, gotta hide the fat!

Choc

Banned
Apple has won an injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 announced 3 days ago

ok two things

1. apple does not make a 7.7 so look and feel means nothing

2. is apple just going to challenge every fucking samsung product? its getting stupid.

CryptiK

Choc said:
Apple has won an injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 announced 3 days ago

ok two things

1. apple does not make a 7.7 so look and feel means nothing( look and feel still applies and thats why they are taking them on if something looks like a smaller iPad they will take them on. They did it on the Galaxy 10.1 which is infact larger than the ipad in screen size.)

2. is apple just going to challenge every fucking samsung product? its getting stupid.

Jintor said:
I'm pissed off. I lost the third dvd of my Bebop boxset somewhere and will have to buy a new one.

I'm not really pissed off, I like buying anime, it makes me feel good.
thats still shitty though.
can you rebuy that disk alone or do they only sell the boxsets?

Top Bottom