• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

reptilescorpio said:
Ah it does look that way. I'm sure when I originally signed up it gave me $5 credit instantly? In any case you can use that $5 to make Arkham City only cost $29!

Ahhh, I have your referral link ready to go...I don't know what to doooo..... do I want it.... do I need it.... ????

jambo

I think it's more the fact that he said "nice job Ubisoft," even though Ubisoft had nothing to do with Deus Ex 3 :lol

Omikron

jambo said:
I think it's more the fact that he said "nice job Ubisoft," even though Ubisoft had nothing to do with Deus Ex 3 :lol

Fuck, you are right :lol

Fuck you Eidos. :D

Both dirty french speakers. ;)

Also, what RS was getting it, I assume crouch = walk. You would imagine anyway.

Ok, I'm getting Dead Island, AusGAF has convinced me. Just so I do this referral thing right, I have the referral link from Reptile, is it meant to send me to the front page?

Sutton Dagger said:
Ok, I'm getting Dead Island, AusGAF has convinced me. Just so I do this referral thing right, I have the referral link from Reptile, is it meant to send me to the front page?
Yep, just makes a cookie I think.

Also Dark Forces II was awesome!

Shaneus

Well, I'm not even that big a SW fan, but the merchandise is seriously fucking cool. How could ANYONE not want a tee with a huge adidas-graffiti'd AT-AT on it?

jambo

Shaneus said:
Well, I'm not even that big a SW fan, but the merchandise is seriously fucking cool. How could ANYONE not want a tee with a huge adidas-graffiti'd AT-AT on it?

Maybe some people have taste?

=P

reptilescorpio said:
Yep, just makes a cookie I think.

Ok well I just signed up, but there isn't any indication that it was through a referral, I'm worried it didn't work. Should I contact them through email or something?

Yagharek

Shaneus said:

Star Wars used to be cool, like lots of things that came from the 80s. Unfortunately, the series has been retrospectively ruined, almost in its entirety, by the other three films.

The best Star Wars thing to happen since the original trilogy was wound up is fucking Star Wars Lego games - and even they aren't that great if you're older than 10.

The fucking Golden Girls are cooler than Star Wars these days.

jambo said:
Maybe some people have taste?

=P
Where is the patented Jambo burnsauce.gif??

Also Sutton the refferal has shown up, says once you spend $5 we will be credited. Which I assume will be when your card is charged for Dead Island.

Shaneus

jambo said:
You don't like alternative indie jazz funk rock?
Don't like it, but don't hate it. I just searched on the last page for posts by you on something I could pay you out on... even if I didn't mean it. Hurt yet?

RandomVince said:
Star Wars used to be cool, like lots of things that came from the 80s. Unfortunately, the series has been retrospectively ruined, almost in its entirety, by the other three films.

The best Star Wars thing to happen since the original trilogy was wound up is fucking Star Wars Lego games - and even they aren't that great if you're older than 10.

The fucking Golden Girls are cooler than Star Wars these days.
Mostly true, but that merch is still alright. Adidas still occasionally make some decent stuff, so I'm happy to succumb. Plus, chances are that in the future there'll be another edit of the original trilogy with everything I bought CGI'd in.

Fredescu

RandomVince said:
The best Star Wars thing to happen since the original trilogy was wound up is fucking Star Wars Lego games
The Clone Wars 2003 TV series was alright. Better than the movies.

Can anyone confirm if the LOTR extended trilogy on Blu Ray is region free? I have a Japanese PS3 and it won't play Region 2/4 blurays. Google search gives conflicting results.

reptilescorpio said:
Where is the patented Jambo burnsauce.gif??

Also Sutton the refferal has shown up, says once you spend $5 we will be credited. Which I assume will be when your card is charged for Dead Island.

Awesome, just bought it and now have the $5 credit, I just wanted to make sure it was ok on your end first. You got $5 credit as well mate? Will be awesome of we can get some AusGAF sessions going.

Yagharek

DeathJr said:
Can anyone confirm if the LOTR extended trilogy on Blu Ray is region free? I have a Japanese PS3 and it won't play Region 2/4 blurays. Google search gives conflicting results.

FYI bluray regions are A/B/C.

Region A includes most North, Central and South American and Southeast Asian countries plus the Republic of China (Taiwan), Japan, Hong Kong, Macau and Korea.
Region B includes most European, African and southwest Asian countries plus Australia and New Zealand.
Region C contains the remaining central and south Asian countries, as well as the People's Republic of China and Russia.

http://regionfreemovies.com/

This is a handy database of BR films from all regions.

unfortunately there is nothing on the EE set.

Jintor

Fredescu said:
The Clone Wars 2003 TV series was alright. Better than the movies.

dat animation style

I forgot to read Dan's review of Dead Island. Yay or nay, AusGAF? Or more to the point do you cats want to play

I was going to get Tropico 4 first but it can wait a bit.

snoopen

Shaneus said:
US adidas store doesn't ship here anyway. Fuckers.
Try eastbay.com

Got a pair of Nike lunar eclipse for under $150 when they rrp for 240-250 here.
Super comfortable and light.

Fogz

I think I am going to crack and get Dead Island at the $30 odd that GMG is asking for it.

I'm so weak.

Jintor said:
dat animation style

I forgot to read Dan's review of Dead Island. Yay or nay, AusGAF? Or more to the point do you cats want to play

I was going to get Tropico 4 first but it can wait a bit.

I bit the bullet and just bought it. $32.70 once converted is too good to pass up (plus an extra $5 for a new account, I can refer you lol). I haven't been excited for it until today for some reason, will be awesome if we can get some AusGAF sessions going.

Sutton Dagger said:
I bit the bullet and just bought it. $32.70 once converted is too good to pass up (plus an extra $5 for a new account, I can refer you lol). I haven't been excited for it until today for some reason, will be awesome if we can get some AusGAF sessions going.

Im definately down Jintor/Sutton. This friday's game night choice maybe?

Omi in for a 4 team?

Marshmellow said:
Im definately down Jintor/Sutton. This friday's game night choice maybe?

Omi in for a 4 team?

Will definitely let you know If I can, though I may be going to Tigers vs Dragons game on Friday night, not sure.

legend166 said:
Best thing about my birthday is my mum makes pavlovas for dessert.

yes, I am a 10 year old ._.

had pavlova this morning. good choice

EDIT: ps. anyone have a steamgifts code i can use?

legend166 said:
Best thing about my birthday is my mum makes pavlovas for dessert.

yes, I am a 10 year old ._.
My Grandma makes little mini pavlovas in the shells for me and my sister since we were grasshopper height. So good.

Clipper

DeathJr said:
Note that PAL is Region B when it comes to Blu-Rays, not 2/4 (they simplified the coding).

Why not just import it? I got mine from Amazon. Both Japan and the US are Region A, so anything from Amazon will work and you save a ton.

Edit: looks like Vince beat me on the region info, but it's still useful.

Edit 2: I'll also check my set when I get home tonight to see if the region A set it region free if that helps.

Shaneus

Not that anyone's that interested, but managed to buy the shoes I wanted from the UK adidas store for $15 cheaper than the RRP on the US site. Woo!

Top Bottom