• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

BananaArnie said:
thats still shitty though.
can you rebuy that disk alone or do they only sell the boxsets?
You can indeed buy single discs, just gotta find where it is in stock though...

DeathJr said:
The Galaxy S2 is doing so well (despite the ugly plastic look), Apple has reason to be afraid.
It is a freaking fantastic phone. Love it.

elfinke

Omi said:
The S2 really is good.

This article is so worth a read - www.abc.net.au/unleashed/2870046.html

oh and new Opeth keeping me company on the train. Giddy.

Closing lines from that article:

In a recent interview on ABC TV, former prime minister John Howard described his politics as conservative, but there was nothing conservative about taking Australia to war and nothing conservative in the systematic abuse of asylum seekers and the election ploy of abusing Aborigines through the cruel ploy of a military backed 'intervention'. I would call these measures radical.

I have had enough of the radical Right, of the abusive Tony Abbott and Julia Gillard, who suck up to our big and powerful friends and kick down the most vulnerable and those most in need. They are weak and they are bullies and we don't need them.

I for one want to get out of the feed lot and into some greener pastures.

Great article, thanks for sharing.

How was AusGAF's weekend? Here it was beautiful and sunny; did the first mow and whipper snip, put up some shelves in the kitchen, shot a solid 46-thru-9 (10 over) and got whipped in tennis. So a busy weekend all told.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Meh, I got it in Malaysia, so I had my doubts if it was even legit.
If you want to do the running around and find out if Minotaur in Melbourne have stock, I'd be happy to pick it up and post it to you. I can't remember if you're in Melbourne or not so I don't know if it's relevant, but the offer's there.

Edit: My weekend? Pretty awesome. Videogames and Futurama Fryday night, did some shopping and bit of work on the car Saturday, drinks that night and on Sunday did some family stuff for Father's Day (along with more videogaaaaames).

In a surprisingly good mood for a Monday, too. It won't last :/

Jintor

Nah, I'm not exactly jonesing for it. Saving money for the PC anyway.
In any case I have it ripped on my PC, so it's really just buying it to own it sort of thing

Kritz

Banned
Man, I just met one of my old workmate's mother and another old workmate at the same time.

Tasmania is such an amazingly small place. She overheard us talking about DOE and said her son used to work there, turned out to be one of my bosses, kinda. (NSO)

Yesterday I got a Famicom controller from a capsule machine and lightsaber chopsticks. All that's happened so far this morning is I've been kicked out of a sumo stable for some reason. Either because I had a big camera or I'm a gaijin. Or both. Spent a couple of hours just looking in the Mandarake flagship store in Nakano yesterday as well. Three floors of otaku stuff, collectibles, manga, toys, etc. I bought two anime production cells. No idea what show they're from, I just got them as I liked them and they cost like seven bucks for both. One has a closeup of someone being punched in the face. Funny stuff.

Today is my first day of paid employment since last year. Only contract and only for six weeks but no matter. I will have to face a few ghosts of the past today since it's in the same offices as I was in for 11 years and with some of the same people. Also there are some penguin molesters downstairs. Smile through gritted teeth whilst the word 'cunt' swims through your head.

Another fun stat. This job ends one year to the day the last job ended.

I finally got my tax refund today after a six week wait. I'm planning to use the money to go to GDC next year. Either that or I could blow it all on hats.

HB legend.

Also, curious to see how long it takes Gaz to start complaining about his new gig.

Shaneus

Arcade AusGAF: Anyone know what this might be? Looks to be some kind of "one of a kind" F1 game made by Namco. Trying to sell it for $10,000. Hard for me to do research at work, but I very much doubt that any prototype games made it out of Namco itself, let alone Japan to make it to Australia.

jambo

reptilescorpio said:
Good luck! I have high hopes that we can somehow get off the bottom! So close against the Dons before our usual aneurysm. :(

W4sqB.jpg

It was a great game and a great day! Went out in to the city after and had some drinks at a pub and then some delicious Italian at a place called Parlamento. Highly recommended.

Can't wait for the 2014 season, getting an Adelaide Oval membership so I can go to every match!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
jambo said:
W4sqB.jpg

It was a great game and a great day! Went out in to the city after and had some drinks at a pub and then some delicious Italian at a place called Parlamento. Highly recommended.

Can't wait for the 2014 season, getting an Adelaide Oval membership so I can go to every match!

Outstanding, this is what Adelaide needs. It's so much better going to the football here in Melbourne because I can do just that, I can go to my local after, I can get a nice meal after.

What could I do in westlakes, go to a closed shopping centre? have a sausage sizzle in the car park?

Omikron

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, I really do work with some utter numpties at times.

Big email at my request went out two weeks ago not to alter certain settings in our product without consultation with main office dev staff, because in general, they fuck it up and don't get it right when they change said options.

Anyway, today, support request that after changing one of said options, support individual has a problem with a client database.

Fucking. Imbecile.

HolyCheck said:
Outstanding, this is what Adelaide needs. It's so much better going to the football here in Melbourne because I can do just that, I can go to my local after, I can get a nice meal after.

What could I do in westlakes, go to a closed shopping centre? have a sausage sizzle in the car park?
Drunken Hungry Jacks after a game at Telstra Dome is soooooo good!

Shaneus

jambo said:
I'm listening to The Cat Empire.
Freddie Mercury's birthday, you see. I'd be playing with the Google image thingy as well but I think something's blocking it at work and all I can see is a "Play" button before it goes to a search of his name :(

jambo

I'm still in Detroit. Moving house means I haven't played it since last week.

Shaneus said:
Freddie Mercury's birthday, you see. I'd be playing with the Google image thingy as well but I think something's blocking it at work and all I can see is a "Play" button before it goes to a search of his name :(

Yeah I watched the Google Doodle, awesome stuff. Might put some Queen on later...

Aon

Stackboy said:
Yeah new thread!

Anyone finished DX:HR yet?

Twice ;D

Cat Empire once played for my class in primary school, which is so long ago it was presumably before they got big xD

I think the drummer dude's sister was our music teacher.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Bought a 5week myki pass on Wednesday.

STILL HASNT GONE ONTO MY CARD.

I'm losing money here having to blow $11 a day on day passes ffs.

Kerrby

Banned
HolyCheck said:

My mate put $100 on his MyKi and it didn't go onto his card, he called up support and they said there's nothing they could do about it :/.

Aon

HolyCheck said:

You moved to here for less than $11 per day? :p

Took a day off work to get my car fixed, turns out the mechanic is down with the flu.

Sitting at home debating whether to take a half day and go back to work or catch up on the games backlog :/

Omi said:
Just past the first 'boss'.
Almost at first boss. Hacked everything in Detroit to high heaven. Still havent actually entered a code. Just got the message to go back into enemy territory to turn off a transmitter after not doing it the first time as it meant setting off mines and I am going for no alarms cheevo so I reloaded thinking the tower was useless. >_<

Apparently I can sneak slowly past those mines?

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
Almost at first boss. Hacked everything in Detroit to high heaven. Still havent actually entered a code. Just got the message to go back into enemy territory to turn off a transmitter after not doing it the first time as it meant setting off mines and I am going for no alarms cheevo so I reloaded thinking the tower was useless. >_<

Apparently I can sneak slowly past those mines?

I couldn't sneak past them. Got anywhere near them and they would explode. *shrug*

Is anyone on AusGAF getting Dead Island on PC? I haven't really been interested in it but for some reason I'm kind of curious. I think it could be fun with a couple of people as well. I don't know what to do :(

DeathJr said:
Took a day off work to get my car fixed, turns out the mechanic is down with the flu.

Sitting at home debating whether to take a half day and go back to work or catch up on the games backlog :/

Stop contemplating, play games now!

Sutton Dagger said:
Is anyone on AusGAF getting Dead Island on PC? I haven't really been interested in it but for some reason I'm kind of curious. I think it could be fun with a couple of people as well. I don't know what to do :(

Already gone in on a 4 pack with omi and 2 of my mates, very keen on it.
You will be welcome to join us if you are getting it sutton.

Marshmellow said:
Stop contemplating, play games now!

Already gone in on a 4 pack with omi and 2 of my mates, very keen on it.
You will be welcome to join us if you are getting it sutton.

So on GMG it's $42.45 but I can use the 20% voucher to bring it down to $33.95. Plus I haven't signed up so I could get a $5 credit for my next purchase right?

Jintor said:
Toggle walk with capslock or manually with ctrl.

Crouch at the same time.
Awesome was hoping it was possible.

Green man gaming has dead island for $28 with referral and discount coupon on front page

reptilescorpio said:
Awesome was hoping it was possible.

Green man gaming has dead island for $28 with referral and discount coupon on front page

But doesn't the referral $5 only get credited after your purchase? As in you can't use the $5 until after you bought your first game?

Sutton Dagger said:
But doesn't the referral $5 only get credited after your purchase? As in you can't use the $5 until after you bought your first game?
Ah it does look that way. I'm sure when I originally signed up it gave me $5 credit instantly? In any case you can use that $5 to make Arkham City only cost $29!

Omikron

Jintor said:
Toggle walk with capslock or manually with ctrl.

Crouch at the same time.

Ahh, I was crouching, in fact, I play most of teh game crouched, wasn't aware you could walk + crouch. Nice job ubisoft.

Top Bottom