• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellycat

"Grigor looks good, but his voice is terrible"
TadkV.gif

sam777

Federer is pretty much a lock on for a semi final spot now. Although predicting who will get to the final from that half is tough.

On the otherside of the draw it will most likely be Nadal or Raonic in all honesty, can't see the other guys beating them in the 4th round or in the semi final.

oti

Banned
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ANGIE TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

wow these AO are crazy (Angie plz...)

Federer should have the upper hand vs. Zverev but Wawrinka or Tsonga will be cruel.

Federer vs. Nadal finals would be awesome though lol

clemenx

Banned
I'm floored by Fed. I've been with a "I'm happy I can see him play still" mindset for 2 years and not caring about results but he's reeling me in.

I couldn't handle another heartbreak. ;-;

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Tsonga wins. His peak playing period displayed a standard above that of, say, Wawrinka, but he was unfortunate enough to have that peak at a time when the Big Four were all in tremendous form. Superbly unlucky not to win a slam in his career and this is probably the last real shot he'll ever get.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Bit of a weird tournament, this one. Lots of top players really underperforming. Reminds me a bit of Wimbledon 2013. I think this really is on the cusp of the generational hand-over - I know we say this all the time, but it's clear both Murray and Djokovic have reached that point where they just lose half a step. They're still going to be top players, but like Nadal and Federer before them, these shock losses are just going to become that bit more frequent and some of the players lower down the line are going to have to step up to the plate. Same on the women's side, although that's been getting increasingly erratic for a while.

Ricker

I have to admit Coco played well,some good power shots and all but Kerber was awful,I mean in 2 sets like that...oh well.

Jay Sosa

Lol what, Coco scored a routine victory over Kerber? Today was nuts.

eh Kerber has been pretty terrible since she reached Nr. 1. But yeah, I was surprised Coco kept her cool throughout the match. her reaction directly after the mp was priceless.

Man if Thiem can get past Goofy he actually might have a shot at winning this.

oti

Banned
Not a fan of Kerber. But I hate her losing to this asshole.

She seems to be pretty arrogant. Oh well, her game is nothing remarkable and if Kerber hadn't played terrible today, she wouldn't have won. CoCo still deserved to win.

JBwB

In regards to Federer's next match up with Zverev it should be pointed out that in their last encounter Federer beat Zverev 6-0 6-0.

That being said anything can happen. Especially in this tournament considering the amount of upsets that have occurred so far.

Speevy

Banned
In regards to Federer's next match up with Zverev it should be pointed out that in their last encounter Federer beat Zverev 6-0 6-0.

That being said anything can happen. Especially in this tournament considering the amount of upsets that have occurred so far.

Zverev was expected to lose to Murray too. There's no way this match won't have some drama.

nitronite

When Sampras won his final Grand Slam title at the US Open in 2002, he was the number 17 seed. In the final he beat his longtime rival Andre Agassi. Remind you of anything?

BEL18VE in Fedal

Speevy

Banned
When Sampras won his final Grand Slam title at the US Open in 2002, he was the number 17 seed. In the final he beat his longtime rival Andre Agassi. Remind you of anything?

BEL18VE in Fedal

Agassi wasn't pure kryptonite for Sampras though. Nadal knows how to beat Roger comfortably.

Bit of a weird tournament, this one. Lots of top players really underperforming. Reminds me a bit of Wimbledon 2013. I think this really is on the cusp of the generational hand-over - I know we say this all the time, but it's clear both Murray and Djokovic have reached that point where they just lose half a step. They're still going to be top players, but like Nadal and Federer before them, these shock losses are just going to become that bit more frequent and some of the players lower down the line are going to have to step up to the plate. Same on the women's side, although that's been getting increasingly erratic for a while.

murray has slumped every time he's won a big achievement. I'm confident he bounce back and win and get consistently far and win at least one more slam in the next year or two.

I can't believe anyone who has no strong feelings to either player would want a fedal final. we all know what the outcome would be. I can't believe I might actually be rooting for Raonic to win a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom