• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dommo

423.gif

scarlet

Clownfils take my energy

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ MONFILS TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

oti

Banned

spuckthew

That was a good win for Nadal. Monfils may not be a big dog, but he's a known quantity.

Raonic is the true test. If he can make that happen then I think a final (and win) is on the cards.

CLaddyOnFire

Neo Member
I know it's easy to just follow the seeding, but I don't see any big upsets left. Fed, Stan, Raonic, and probably Dimitrov through to the semis. Then I'm expecting a Stan + Raonic final which I think would be really entertaining. Stan always surprises in the finals, and Raonic has been playing great lately. The final here would be Milos' biggest match of his career so far, but I wanna see him rise to the occasion.

I'd love to see a Raonic win, but wouldn't be upset if Stan (or if by some miracle Roger or Rafa) wins it.

leng jai

I know it's easy to just follow the seeding, but I don't see any big upsets left. Fed, Stan, Raonic, and probably Dimitrov through to the semis. Then I'm expecting a Stan + Raonic final which I think would be really entertaining. Stan always surprises in the finals, and Raonic has been playing great lately. The final here would be Milos' biggest match of his career so far, but I wanna see him rise to the occasion.

I'd love to see a Raonic win, but wouldn't be upset if Stan (or if by some miracle Roger or Rafa) wins it.

Have you actually watched any Raonic matches this year? He's been dreadful by his standards and constantly looks pissed off 24/7 on court.

RedAssedApe

Banned
someone needs to take out nadal.

i don't know if i could handle it if fed made it to the final and lost and all the rafa is goat fanboys came back...ugh lol

i wouldn't mind someone new in the final so i'll root for goffin or baby fed to come out of that side. i'll never love raonic's game. also are they playing this match on tv?

Men's Legends' Doubles
Michael Chang (USA)
Todd Martin (USA)
vs.
John McEnroe (USA)
Patrick McEnroe (USA)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Coco is crushing a lot of these balls. Crazy, could have three Americans in the semis.

clemenx

Banned
I never knew Coco was so disliked. Kinda funny seeing so many tennis bloggers/writers having mini meltdowns over how this march is going.

Smellycat

I realize that Federer draws bigger audiences than the rest of his half, but Wawrinka vs. Tsonga should be the night match

You wasted too much energy on Monfils. I hope you saved some for Federer

I realize that Federer draws bigger audiences than the rest of his half, but Wawrinka vs. Tsonga should be the night match

This may be one of their last chances to show Fed at the Australian open. They want him in prime time. As you said he's also the biggest draw by far. People are really excited because it feels like he has a legit chance at winning the tournament.

I agree that this match feels like the more interesting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom