• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've had my current car for about 22 months but today I finally changed out the cheap tires that it came with for some Michelin Premier's. Soooo much smoother :)

mkenyon

Banned
Maybe on like a 13-15k one. 17.5K? That's gonna be a well maintained car, or else it just won't sell.

But yeah, I get the point :p

Speaking of which, I just dropped a lot of money on mine.

Suspension refresh kit
New dampers
ZHP Shift Knob + E60 Short shift kit
Wheels being restored + new powder
Exhaust shop will be taking off my rear mufflers and replacing with just tips, keeping the resonator in place.

I haven't done a lot of work on cars myself, almost everything I've done has been with someone who was taking lead. But, I think I might try to do the suspension stuff myself. The shift kit + ZHP knob installation was a breeze. Just that in itself made the driving experience awesome. All new bushings + shorter throw = slop is gone.

Only nagging issue that isn't on the list is a squeaking noise on the clutch when I depress the pedal. Guessing it's probably related to the cable. I only hear it when I'm at a full stop though.

Next up: full wrap.

*edit*

Did I mention that I love this car? The driving experience is pure bliss. The capability is only surpassed by how amazing every aspect of driving it feels. So good to have that back in my life.

mkenyon

Banned
Yeah, not saying it isn't worth it, but you just know that the purchase price is merely the start of it.
Sure, but when you're an enthusiast, when is that ever not true?

If I got an Abarth, I'd immediately be after a wheel/tire upgrade, look closely at suspension and possibly make some changes, and also almost definitely a tune, with perhaps intake/exhaust changes if that noticeably helps the tune.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Welp, my exhaust customization went on the XKR today. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. It's what Jaguar calls the "dynamic" exhaust. It's the OEM XKR exhaust (which, let's be honest, is plenty loud when the flap is open), but with an X-pipe. Hoping it sounds good!

No Love

Banned
Maybe on like a 13-15k one. 17.5K? That's gonna be a well maintained car, or else it just won't sell.

But yeah, I get the point :p

Speaking of which, I just dropped a lot of money on mine.

Suspension refresh kit
New dampers
ZHP Shift Knob + E60 Short shift kit
Wheels being restored + new powder
Exhaust shop will be taking off my rear mufflers and replacing with just tips, keeping the resonator in place.

I haven't done a lot of work on cars myself, almost everything I've done has been with someone who was taking lead. But, I think I might try to do the suspension stuff myself. The shift kit + ZHP knob installation was a breeze. Just that in itself made the driving experience awesome. All new bushings + shorter throw = slop is gone.

Only nagging issue that isn't on the list is a squeaking noise on the clutch when I depress the pedal. Guessing it's probably related to the cable. I only hear it when I'm at a full stop though.

Next up: full wrap.

*edit*

Did I mention that I love this car? The driving experience is pure bliss. The capability is only surpassed by how amazing every aspect of driving it feels. So good to have that back in my life.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and put the E39 M5 as an expensive car to maintain, simply because it has been in my experience.

In the last 6 months of ownership I have spent about 4-5k on maintenance. Some preventative, a lot of it just random shit that's gone out.

List:
New upper and lower control arms
Outer tie rod ends
Upgraded Moosehead bushings
Guibo replacement
2x RE71r tires blew out, replaced, 2x worn out and replaced
Thermostat
MAF's
O2 sensors
Air filters
Lots of oil ;)

Now I gotta do the rear diff seals, one of my wheels is bent, gonna do spark plugs and coil packs, need to redo my VANOS o-rings...

If you want to daily drive an E39 M5, budget minimum 3-5k/yr. However, mine has higher miles and has been driven way harder than the average E39 M5 so YMMV. I drive my cars very hard. I don't abuse them, but I'm definitely working the suspension and tires harder than 99% of other drivers.

I will retire mine soon from daily service since I'm gonna put a blower on.

I will say that it is the most satisfying car I have ever owned. The driving feel, the sound of the motor and exhaust, the looks... I had a guy in a Porsche Panamera stop me on the freeway and say "What kind of exhaust is that!?? It sounds magnificent!!! So exotic!!!"

It is a truly phenomenal car.

SliChillax

Well what a shitty night. Was cruising down some back roads which had no illumination whatsoever and apparently I hit some kind of rock or concrete right next to a corner. I couldn't swerve because it was a one way one lane road with sidewalks on each side and I couldn't break soon enough cause I didn't see it. Suspension and wheels looked fine but one of the arms was broken (I don't know the right term in english). Well at least I'm leaving for Italy tomorrow for university and I won't be needing the car until December. My cousin will take care of it. Stance nation bros

TSticoe.jpg

No Love

Banned
Got a nice raise. Tell me why I shouldn't get a 2017 M4 comp package?

Because the M4 exhaust note sounds like absolute dogshit and you already have the superior, beautiful sounding S65.

Just get a used 335i and Juicebox it if you want a twin turbo BMW that you can cheaply make sound like shit. Or put a supercharger on your E92. Or get a C63. C63 shits on the M4.

Anything but the M4. They are by far the worst M3/M4 ever IMO.

golem

No offense to M4 owners but when they came out I took one for an extended drive and was not feeling it at all. Yes, it is quite a bit more powerful than my E92 but it definitely lost something in the transition to turbo and the price tag is brutal (as well as the depreciation it seems). Might as well step up into a Porsche ;)

mkenyon

Banned
Cause the M2 is much more fun. If you do get an M4, please tick the extended leather option. Makes the interior feel 10 grand more expensive.
Really hard to get tho, long waiting list.
Because the M4 exhaust note sounds like absolute dogshit and you already have the superior, beautiful sounding S65.

Just get a used 335i and Juicebox it if you want a twin turbo BMW that you can cheaply make sound like shit. Or put a supercharger on your E92. Or get a C63. C63 shits on the M4.

Yep.

C63 or Cayman GTS is the right option in that price range.

Really though, the world is your oyster. If you go used/CPO or even older, the possibilities are endless.

Been driving this loaner since my Miata is in the shop(O-rings on my AC compressor are shot so it's leaking freon like crazy... and yes I realize it's fall but the average temperature today was 85F, I would've loved to wait out the repair until March or whenever spring comes but I can't trust Texas weather lol):

It's a nice car through and through, like it really is the most fun/best midsize sedan that isn't a luxury brand.

What I don't like about it are the seats... I just can't find the best seating position for me.

The other is the electric steering, it just feels a little too artificially heavy. Like heavy just because hydraulic steering was heavy kind of heavy lol. Obviously coming from a car with hydraulic steering the change is kind of a shock but it's not necessarily garbage as you can deal and live with it. I honestly just couldn't get over it when I drove from the dealer to my work, it just felt off the entire time. But when I went to go grab lunch or go home, it still felt different but it didn't bother me like before.

Anyway, here's it is sitting with it's dad lol:

And no, the 2nd generation, Ford Fusion based America only Mazda6 is a bastard child that got disowned... that right there is the true Mazda lineage lol.

Woah. That is really, really cool!

Holy cow! Manual Mercedes in 2015? Amazing!

It really is cool and amazing lol.

I haven't gotten the chance to drive it as it's currently going through our prep process but once it's done, I'll be able to report back and see if MB does still know how to make a manual tranny lol.

Crayon

I saw the new nsx on 24 yesterday. I didn't know it was out.

Oh but I came to yell about the cvt transmission in our 16 corolla. Fuck this shit. It's got me wishing for a regular automatic of all things.

rokkerkory

Really hard to get tho, long waiting list.

Yep.

C63 or Cayman GTS is the right option in that price range.

Really though, the world is your oyster. If you go used/CPO or even older, the possibilities are endless.

No offense to M4 owners but when they came out I took one for an extended drive and was not feeling it at all. Yes, it is quite a bit more powerful than my E92 but it definitely lost something in the transition to turbo and the price tag is brutal (as well as the depreciation it seems). Might as well step up into a Porsche ;)

Yeah you guys are right. It's part of wanting the newer thing but the engine and fart inducing exhaust is just so meh. Kinda lost the soul of being an M car.

Thanks for keeping my head straight.

Sooo wide and tall lol. I was watching that NSX vs GT-R comparo Motor Trend did and good lord, the GT-R truly is Godzilla in physical form.

Anyway, actually I don't think brand "dependent" dealers have an in-house photog. There's certainly some exceptions but even then I don't think they go as detailed as I do with the cars. Like I'm literally the last guy to go over the cars before it goes to the showroom. If the guys before me miss a scratch, noise, whatever, I immediately report it and send it back to get it fixed. Photography is definitely a major part of it, but quality control is probably a major and hidden aspect of my gig.

Honestly speaking, I'd suggest to keep photography as a supplement of your income unless you're absolutely sure what you're going to be doing is long lasting(more than a few months). Freelancing is fun when you're sure you've got work lined up but those moments where you have nothing? Man those could be some real dark times.

On the other hand, if you're trying to be a staff photog at a company... it's tough. Different companies want different things so I can't really give out any advice on that but if somebody does hire you, you need to make it a point where you're irreplaceable as some young'un can probably do your job better than you one way or the other lol.

Yes, it is. Large dealerships, especially. Every major dealer in my area with ginormous lots (Toyota, Nissan, GM, etc) have a hired photog on staff. I've seen them literally pull a car out of a parking spot and take a million pictures.

I always thought they would always just have a random salesman come out to take random pictures of the car most of the times. Looks like I managed to get a job offer today though, so I'll keep photography as a hobby.

AlphaSnake

Hard not to agree. When I almost bought that Melbourne Red E92 M3 Coupe with Competition Package, I liked it quite a bit more than I liked the M4 I test drove earlier last year. I found myself rather unimpressed by the M4. Despite it's numbers, it really felt soulless.

mashoutposse

Ante Up

Test drive it and make your own decision.

Personally, I like it far better than the E92. Even the sound in Sport+ is pretty good. Performance limits are nice and high. Better ownership experience overall.

Futaba

We having a nice chat with a japanese friend earlier today about car modification, the general theme seemed to be that most modders here are content with adding lights and bling rather than improving or changing performance and handling, hell he was showing me a slideshow of his diy 3.5" LCD install... Into his tail lights, and just as I was getting my head around the redundancy of that, he pulls out another picture of little LCD screens showing a music video.. mounted on his brake calipers.

My mind went blank, it really did, felt like I was watching n early episode of pimp my ride.

Completely random question but how many of you peeps do the majority of work on your car yourselves? (Anything from swapping wheels to full engine rebuilds)?

Sure, but when you're an enthusiast, when is that ever not true?

If I got an Abarth, I'd immediately be after a wheel/tire upgrade, look closely at suspension and possibly make some changes, and also almost definitely a tune, with perhaps intake/exhaust changes if that noticeably helps the tune.

Yep, but with an M5 with some years and some miles on it, those expenses will come just a bit harder and faster and are likely to be of a more necessary nature than voluntary wheel/tire/suspension/exhaust upgrades.

Of course, you could luck out with a well documented specimen that is up to date in terms of maintenance.

Pinewood

Well what a shitty night. Was cruising down some back roads which had no illumination whatsoever and apparently I hit some kind of rock or concrete right next to a corner. I couldn't swerve because it was a one way one lane road with sidewalks on each side and I couldn't break soon enough cause I didn't see it. Suspension and wheels looked fine but one of the arms was broken (I don't know the right term in english). Well at least I'm leaving for Italy tomorrow for university and I won't be needing the car until December. My cousin will take care of it. Stance nation bros

TSticoe.jpg

Looks like the majority of BWMs I see rolling around

TSticoe.jpg

God damn I'm so sorry! Any bumper damage?

This LC500 at SEMA tho
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/11/lexus-mods-lc-500-gs-f-sedan-and-rc-f.html

lexus-custom-lc500-rcf-gsf-sema2016-3.jpg

lexus-custom-lc500-rcf-gsf-sema2016-2.jpg

- Body work by Signature Autobody
- Artisan Spirit Custom Lexus LC Aero Kit featuring fender flares, front diffuser, side skirts, rear diffuser and rear wing
- Evasive Motorsport race cage and custom interior
- Sparco USA Carbon Fiber Seats
- 22" HRE Wheels P101 in Satin Charcoal
- Brembo Brakes (six piston front, four piston rear, Slotted Type-3 Rotors, Custom Caliper Color)
- KW Suspension (Hydraulic Lift System with height adjustable spring kit)
- Increased Bore Size from 94mm to 99.5 mm
- Increased Displacement from 4,969 cc (5.0L) to 5,569 (5.6L)
- Power increased from 467hp to 525hp
- Torque increased from 391 lb.-ft. to 440 lb.-ft.
- Custom Moly-2000 Amphibian Sleeves from LA Sleeve
- Custom Carrillo 4340 H-beam Connecting Rods

Well shit, it looks like an LFA.

Really hope Lexus gets it right this time.

matmanx1

You can find a great condition E39 M5 for that. Just sayin'

It's been discussed to death already but the Abarth would be relatively cheap and simple to own while being a fun and thrifty car. The M5 would be a a hole in the road in which you pour money in comparison. I'm not saying the M5 wouldn't be amazing but it is on a whole other level in terms of ownership expense.

Welp, my exhaust customization went on the XKR today. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. It's what Jaguar calls the "dynamic" exhaust. It's the OEM XKR exhaust (which, let's be honest, is plenty loud when the flap is open), but with an X-pipe. Hoping it sounds good!

Please post your best recording. For science, of course! ;-P

TSticoe.jpg

Doh! Sorry man. Hope that stuff gets fixed and your car is back and good as new ASAP.

matmanx1

Road and Track has their 2017 Performance Car of the Year article up and it's an interesting read. Two of the top three choices I found to be surprising. The contenders were:

Acura NSX
Audi R8 V10 Plus
Corvette Gran Sport
Porsche 911 Turbo S
Nissan GTR Nismo
Lotus Evora 400
BMW M4 GTS
Jaguar F-Type SVR
Mercedes AMG C63 S

I will put the top three and the winner in a spoiler tag for anyone who wants to find out for themselves.
3rd - Corvette Gran Sport, 2nd -Lotus Evora 400, 1st - Acura NSX

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a31275/2017-performance-car-of-the-year/

AlphaSnake

Road and Track has their 2017 Performance Car of the Year article up and it's an interesting read. Two of the top three choices I found to be surprising. The contenders were:

Acura NSX
Audi R8 V10 Plus
Corvette Gran Sport
Porsche 911 Turbo S
Nissan GTR Nismo
Lotus Evora 400
BMW M4 GTS
Jaguar F-Type SVR
Mercedes AMG C63 S

I will put the top three and the winner in a spoiler tag for anyone who wants to find out for themselves.
3rd - Corvette Gran Sport, 2nd -Lotus Evora 400, 1st - Acura NSX

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a31275/2017-performance-car-of-the-year/

Yeah, I gotta' say, I was really surprised by the winner too. But then again, Chris Harris said he absolutely loves the car...so maybe expectations shouldn't be so low.

Smokey

jesus

I felt it through my screen 😂

getting 2 new rear Pilot Sport A/S 3s on my 335 today. can't wait to experience some fresh grip.

Hard not to agree. When I almost bought that Melbourne Red E92 M3 Coupe with Competition Package, I liked it quite a bit more than I liked the M4 I test drove earlier last year. I found myself rather unimpressed by the M4. Despite it's numbers, it really felt soulless.

Hold up

Do I need to get the receipts from your M4 post. Are you turning face again 😄

Beta m8

Crayon

Completely random question but how many of you peeps do the majority of work on your car yourselves? (Anything from swapping wheels to full engine rebuilds)?

I do all my own work. My f150 won't start. It's the fuel pump, I'm sure. But it's parked on an incline with a full tank so here we go off with the bed...

AlphaSnake

jesus

I felt it through my screen ��

getting 2 new rear Pilot Sport A/S 3s on my 335 today. can't wait to experience some fresh grip.

Hold up

Do I need to get the receipts from your M4 post. Are you turning face again ��

Beta m8

Great car. But has no soul. How can I properly sum this up? It's like...the MVP-year Derrick Rose of cars. #SoHumble. But shows no soul or passion. Go drive one. You'll be like "damn, this is fast!" And also at the same time "but so damn boring". It may be one of the most polarizing vehicles I've ever driven. Also, you keep forgetting I had a huge problem with my test-drive car's sticker price. It was $75K, which I repeatedly stated it's not worth. It's much better off at its base price of $61K without all of the pointless options.

Shadoken

Well shit, it looks like an LFA.

Really hope Lexus gets it right this time.

Lighter weight + a more aggressive gearing were the two things holding the F line back IMO. I think with the new 10 speed the 2nd issue might be taken care off. But hopefully this one will weigh around 3500lbs. 4000lbs is just way too much for an engine that doesnt really produce all that much torque in its class. But yes the car looks fkin brilliant.

golem

Sucks man, hopefully its limited to the control arm. I swear everything lying in the street has a penchant to get in my lane.

Kind of an odd list of contenders and sounds like the NSX won because of novelty points. The Corvette was actually faster and less than half the price, but in the rankings they dont even mention what they didnt like about it.

Smokey

Great car. But has no soul. How can I properly sum this up? It's like...the MVP-year Derrick Rose of cars. #SoHumble. But shows no soul or passion. Go drive one. You'll be like "damn, this is fast!" And also at the same time "but so damn boring". It may be one of the most polarizing vehicles I've ever driven. Also, you keep forgetting I had a huge problem with my test-drive car's sticker price. It was $75K, which I repeatedly stated it's not worth. It's much better off at its base price of $61K without all of the pointless options.

I dunno...I don't think im as jaded as some of you that have driven some of these cars. Like for me my 08 335 is still fun to drive, I can't really see driving a M3/M4 not exceeding what I'm currently in.

Maybe it's a case of I don't know what I dont know?

Like Every performance car I've driven I pretty much walked away feeling like "that was fun"

mashoutposse

Ante Up

This is probably the correct take based on a test drive.

I'm reasonably sure I can take you on a drive that will make you say, "Wow."

mkenyon

Banned
I dunno...I don't think im as jaded as some of you that have driven some of these cars. Like for me my 08 335 is still fun to drive, I can't really see driving a M3/M4 not exceeding what I'm currently in.

Like Every performance car I've driven I pretty much walked away feeling like "that was fun"
For starters, BMW steering has turned pretty shitty. They have definitely not figured out how to do electric steering yet. My dad's a BMW addict, and has gone through like 5 of them in the past 3-4 years, so I get to drive them fairly often.

Every review confirms what I've felt, they all talk about the lifeless steering.

It used to be the reason you bought an M3, even though it wasn't great performance value, was because driving experience was better than anything in the price range. From what I hear, it's lost that edge. Now it's just an amazing performer, though still not on par with other recent offerings.

Once performance aspect of your car has dulled a bit, what you're left with on a day-to-day basis is the driving experience. Of course, I'm not going to throw supercars/hypercars in there, as I really doubt that sort of thing wears off in that performance category.

You have the last 3 series with hydraulic steering. The new stuff is just so vague and lifeless. Put it in Sport + mode and it becomes stupidly twitchy.

Don't get me wrong tho, if someone gifted me an M3/M4, I'd be ecstatic and have a lot of fun in it. But I wouldn't throw my own money on that car when there's other better options.

Smokey

For starters, BMW steering has turned pretty shitty. They have definitely not figured out how to do electric steering yet. My dad's a BMW addict, and has gone through like 5 of them in the past 3-4 years, so I get to drive them fairly often.

Every review confirms what I've felt, they all talk about the lifeless steering.

It used to be the reason you bought an M3, even though it wasn't great performance value, was because driving experience was better than anything in the price range. From what I hear, it's lost that edge. Now it's just an amazing performer, though still not on par with other recent offerings.

Once performance aspect of your car has dulled a bit, what you're left with on a day-to-day basis is the driving experience. Of course, I'm not going to throw supercars/hypercars in there, as I really doubt that sort of thing wears off in that performance category.

You have the last 3 series with hydraulic steering. The new stuff is just so vague and lifeless. Put it in Sport + mode and it becomes stupidly twitchy.

Don't get me wrong tho, if someone gifted me an M3/M4, I'd be ecstatic and have a lot of fun in it. But I wouldn't throw my own money on that car when there's other better options.

Now the steering is one thing I can definitely tell a part. When I've had BMW loaners the lighter steering was immediately noticeable. I parked my 335 for a bit while I was waiting to get some new tires, and I was driving our Accord Coupe. I got back into the 335 today to put new tires on it and damn near smiled during my entire drive. The weighty feel felt good man.

However I feel like if I got a M3/M4 it's something I'd eventually adjust to. Who has the best electronic steering besides Porsche?

I also thought I read somewhere that BMW had made some improvements in the steering .

mkenyon

Banned
Now the steering is one thing I can definitely tell a part. When I've had BMW loaners the lighter steering was immediately noticeable. I parked my 335 for a bit while I was waiting to get some new tires, and I was driving our Accord Coupe. I got back into the 335 today to put new tires on it and damn near smiled during my entire drive. The weighty feel felt good man.

However I feel like if I got a M3/M4 it's something I'd eventually adjust to. Who has the best electronic steering besides Porsche?

I also thought I read somewhere that BMW had made some improvements in the steering .
Full disclaimer: I haven't driven enough to say from my own opinion. But from everything I've read, the Camaro has the best electric steering, bar-none.

I did test drive a 2016 X5M and (2017 I think?) 240i M-Sport. Neither really felt different than prior BMWs I've driven.

*edit*

By prior BMWs, I mean ones with electric steering.

AlphaSnake

I'll admit, I'm picky and can be pretty jaded for sure. It took me 18 months to outgrow my M56S. Where as I continued to love my 2012 XF because it just felt much more refined, so I went and got the batshit crazy coupe version.

This is probably the correct take based on a test drive.

I'm reasonably sure I can take you on a drive that will make you say, "Wow."

Hahaha hey, but you can do that in an FR-S too. Though it still won't win me over. The car just doesn't click for me, and the test drive wasn't terribly brief either. When I first test drove an M235i, I liked it a lot. It was car I could see myself potentially owning. My first impressions of it were solid and I still like it when I'm out in my friend's car. Not comparing the M235i to an M4, of course, but I just am not blown away by the M4 as I expected to be. The E46 and E92 floored me. Instant love and admiration. The F8x...something just feels missing.

And it's hard to convey in words.

Behind Porsche, it's Jaguar. Easily. When the F-Type, XE, XF, and F-Pace are being reviewed, the steering is often mentioned as being absolutely spot on. In my 2016 XF the steering is sensational. The weight somehow changes based on the amount of passengers in the car...and even things like cross-winds can be felt through the steering. It's very impressive stuff. The first F-Types were actually hydraulic steering and then switched over to electric 18 months later...and it's pretty much impossible to tell the difference. I've driven them countless times, obviously, and it's easily the best transition from conventional to electric anybody's done. The press agrees, there's a very minute difference. Remember, with the launch of the 991, Porsche had some serious teething issues with their electric steering racks.

cube444

I have to agree with the M4 consensus here. My buddy's shop sees all types of high end cars and many M4s but it does nothing for me. I easily prefer the E92 M3 over it. One of his employees snagged an M2 this June and I love that car way more than the M4.He's still waiting on his M4 GTS which is supposedly coming this month. Kind of defeats the purpose as winter is almost here. His business partner is getting the white one and he's getting that one with the special colour. He told me that he's tracking it a few times next spring and then selling it to get a GT3.

What's the consensus here about the 2017 Ford Mustang GT350?

matmanx1

Sucks man, hopefully its limited to the control arm. I swear everything lying in the street has a penchant to get in my lane.

Kind of an odd list of contenders and sounds like the NSX won because of novelty points. The Corvette was actually faster and less than half the price, but in the rankings they dont even mention what they didnt like about it.

I'm actually a lot more surprised about the Evora 400. Talk about a dark horse coming out of nowhere! There's actually a sentence in the review where one of the editor's says "the Lotus Evora 400 is actually the best driver's car here" and everyone agrees with him!

With Lotus being perennially on shaky footing and the Evora's not so strong start it is sort of amazing that the 400 is now among the world's best pure sport's cars. I'm seriously impressed.

Also, linked next to the PCOY article was a blurb about Geely being interested in Lotus next. They are the Chinese group that bought Volvo and London Taxi. They have huge resources and, if it happens, could really revitalize Lotus.

AlphaSnake

Yooooo...I'm fucking PISSED right now.

Picked up my car from the dealer. Exhaust sounds sick as fuck. I thought I noticed a dirty windshield, but figured I must've cleaned the car and forgot to wipe down the windshield? So I had to jet home, parked the car and went straight to work again. Now mind you, I cleaned the car up nice the day before the dealer visit. But I left the rear bumper alone since my exhaust be worked on back there anyway. My porter knew this. He saw how clean the car was. He wrote out a NO WASH sign.

So hours go by, I go into my garage to throw out the trash and noticed how fucking dirty my whole car is. What the hell? There was a sign there that specifically said "NO WASH". My car had water spots all over it. Dirty, hard ass water spots. As I walk around the car, I fucking noticed a few scratches and one big one that's catching my nail, but could be polished away. Swirl marks on the car too.

I'm fucking pissed right now. Took pictures and sent it over to my friend. I'm going there tomorrow to resolve this, because I spent $500 for a fucking detail that made the car look ace just 4 months ago and it's all gone to shit. They're paying out of pocket for another one while I get an F-Type loaner. Fuck that.

Top Bottom