• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galko-chan was great, and I wish I had watched it earlier. First series of shorts that I've enjoyed.

Watch Tonkatsu DJ Agetaro, Kagewani (only S1), PuPiPo, Astro Fighter Sunred, (to me anything half an episode length or shorter counts as a short anime) Tonari no Seki-kun and I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying.

And if you like crack, Teekyu.

Mendrox

hate watching is a tradition older than animegaf itself. Others not enjoying the show shouldn't take away from your enjoyment though. If the negativity really bothers you, then defend the show. Or eventually accept that not everyone has the same standards you do on what you enjoy and some folks have shit taste because fuck you I like Psycho Pass you god damn assholes.

That was not the point of my post. Putting people into closets ala "brotaku"-fans or "haremshit"-fans in regards to shows where it isnt even correct shouldnt belong here. These are only dickhead comments because people think they are better.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Thunderbolt Fantasy 13
Holy shit, Shang is actually Adol Christin. He traveling around the world and eat demon god for breakfast. Unlike Adol, he keep all the weapon he got from last boss though. The last poem was pure hype.
Sequel in production? HELL YEAH!
Great show if you enjoy wuxia show. Every line is gold, and the action choreography is great.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Magical Girl Raising Project/Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku 01
I thought about not watching this because nobody was talking about this, and the first minute made me want to turn it off. But I stuck with it...and it turns out this is the good witch show and everyone in this thread was trying to trick me. The attempt at being some super dark take on magical girls is kind of lame but this moves well and has an interesting enough set up to hold me a little longer.

Quasar

That was not the point of my post. Putting people into closets ala "brotaku"-fans or "haremshit"-fans in regards to shows where it isnt even correct shouldnt belong here. These are only dickhead comments because people think they are better.

Though not surprising given the core/non core gamers and console plebs/master race rubbish we have here.

Kotoura-san 1-2
Despair the anime.
ruWG8.jpg

Magical Girl Raising Project 1

Set-up for everything to kick into gear next episode. The premise and cold open definitely have me interested enough to stick with it for now. Lol at that chibi-rabbit Monokuma thing.

WWW.WORKING!! 1

You can definitely tell that they based this on a 4koma, as they crammed in a bunch of things and went from scene to scene without much transition. Still, I did find it amusing.

Izetta: The Last Witch 1

I thought this was a strong start. I definitely see a lot of potential with this one. Of the new premieres I've seen I'm most enthusiastic about following this one so far.

ibyea

Banned
Alderamin in the Sky: 13, end
I feel like the show ended right when it started getting interesting with that most interesting proposition at the end.

91 Days: 12
Show delivered everything that I wanted from a mafia anime. Completely satisfied.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Just completed Haikyuu seasons one and two, preparing for the third. Probably my favorite sports anime this side of Ping Pong. Is there another sports title considered superior to these two?

Qurupeke

Everything I'm interested in is spread all over the week but, surprisingly, Sundays and Mondays are barren. And despite that, Saturday is so packed.

SHarris78

I'm watching non non biyori on crunchyroll and am confused. I watched 12 episodes and was gutted when it ended as I really enjoyed it - only to find another 12 episodes.

Happy with this i watched the first 'new' episode to find Renge being given the recorder she's playing in the intro to the first season - then Hotorun (spelling?) arrives for the first time in episode 2 having been in all season 1?!?! Is the new season a reboot?

Not a reboot, just episodes of things that also happened during the same time period. So like both seasons are canon in the same universe in case coherent lore is important for your slice of life.

SHarris78

Not a reboot, just episodes of things that also happened during the same time period. So like both seasons are canon in the same universe in case coherent lore is important for your slice of life.

Ah I see, that makes sense. Thought I'd watched season 2 before season 1 for a bit!

phaze

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 01
020326z3jtf.jpg
02033387su6.jpg

Must be nice.

Verdurous:
rich in verdure; freshly green; verdant.
covered with verdure, as places.
consisting of verdure.
of, relating to, or characteristic of verdure.
Verdure:
greenness, especially of fresh, flourishing vegetation.
green vegetation, especially grass or herbage.
freshness in general; flourishing condition; vigor.

themoreyouknow.jpg

-----------
Supremely enjoyable. I know I'm probably not getting another sequence like that but I enjoyed how 'strategic' for lack of better word, the opening battle was. Just cold blooded reasoning, trying to enact your plan and quickly fucking off when you realize it's doomed to fail. Liking the UI, mech and suit designs too. Too early to tell on how the crashed on a foreign planet angle will work out for me but things like chamber-mc dialogue, language difference and trying to adjust for it and the slowly growing realization that he's on legendary planet
Earth.
was all well done. Eager for more.

Tiger Mask W 01

My nostalgia goggles are sadly not strong enough for this.

But someone call firehawk and let him know Yū Kobayashi is in this.

Szadek

The reception for Bloodivores is surprisingly postive for something this awful.
I guess most people will need a few more episode to relations that they are watching garbage.

Tiger Mask W - Ep. 1
What strange little show. Wouldn't suprise me if fans of anime from the 80's have a blast with this one, but it probably isn't for me.

blurr

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 01

Supremely enjoyable. I know I'm probably not getting another sequence like that but I enjoyed how 'strategic' for lack of better word, the opening battle was. Just cold blooded reasoning, trying to enact your plan and quickly fucking off when you realize it's doomed to fail. Liking the UI, mech and suit designs too. Too early to tell on how the crashed on a foreign planet angle will work out for me but things like chamber-mc dialogue, language difference and trying to adjust for it and the slowly growing realization that he's on legendary planet
Earth.
was all well done. Eager for more.

I loved the sense of scale it gave - so much of it raised eye brows and filled me with intrigue. Things like trying to adjust to their language and the amount of time spent on assessing the situation weighed in on the impression.

Thud

Tiger Mask W - Ep. 1
What strange little show. Wouldn't suprise me if fans of anime from the 80's have a blast with this one, but it probably isn't for me.

Sounds like I made the right call to watch it.

Salty that nobody picked up Digimon. Finally up to date and still can't watch it weekly with other people :(

jgminto

New Gundam Tekketsu episode was solid, it continued the character interactions that made the first season so enjoyable. It was interesting to see the impact of Tekkadan's debut mission on the universe, it mostly seemed negative. More child soldiers, more turmoil on Mars with Gjallahorn's position shaken by McGillis' scheme, but their was a wild girl who eats bugs so not everything is bad. I wasn't expecting another Char clone this season, but hey, can't have a Gundam show without one.

blurr

New Gundam Tekketsu episode was solid, it continued the character interactions that made the first season so enjoyable. It was interesting to see the impact of Tekkadan's debut mission on the universe, it mostly seemed negative. More child soldiers, more turmoil on Mars with Gjallahorn's position shaken by McGillis' scheme, but their was a wild girl who eats bugs so not everything is bad. I wasn't expecting another Char clone this season, but hey, can't have a Gundam show without one.

WHOA WHAT IT'S OUT?!

am I so out of touch with stuff

Gundam Iron blooded Orphans 26

An awesome first episode for season 2! It was cool and sad at the same time that we learned what happened after Tekkadan last battle. Mars people seems to be living fine, but more child solider with that terrible system seems pretty grim.

Characters stay awesome and the new ones were all pretty cool. Love the dynamic of each group.

But the best part was when Mikazuki connected to Barbatos! His hand coming back to him with that little shock looked really cool.

Speaking of Barbatos he got an another great entry for a great 2/2. His new design looks hella amazing.

Great to see IBO coming back! Definitely one of the great mecha series.

Shuumatsu no Izzeta 1

Hey, I thought this would be a copy of Maria the Virgin Witch, not of Code Geass!

Funnily, both have Goro Taniguchi behind.

But jokes apart, this looks good, both in character design, backgrounds (interiors and exteriors) and military devices. The pace is good, not too slow, nor too fast. And more importantly, they successfully make you want to root for the protagonist, the princes whose country is being invaded.

Though the hard part will be when they start putting more fantastical elements in the story.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
God Monster Hunter Stories was bad..and I say that as a MH fan. I'll not watch the next episode

now let's see how WWW.Working and maho shojo are..

can't wait for hibike 2, 3gatsu no lion, and occultic nine

fiancee really wants to watch fune wo amu

blurr

Iron Blooded Orphans S2 01

I really don't mind the show delving in to the political side of things, if anything I welcome it however it overwhelms solely because of the names I have to remember - this is pronounced when it's been months since the last season aired. Still, I did get a gist of things, it isn't exactly complex, I feel the show sees it as an undeniable element for story progression so it provides some focus towards it rather than it having an inherent meaning.

It's funny how the Seven Stars member explained that Gjallarhorn only needs to establish order and peace no matter who or what does that. Essentially believes in establishing order under chaos, sure there is room for exceptions and improvisations but they require context. The context here is a challenge albeit not official, it was out of his own ego and thirst for action packed mecha battles. These three new characters are treading down the same path as the ones in season one with a different spin to their personalities. First impression at least.

It was quite emotional seeing Cookie and Cracker reappear in a privileged institute and witnessing Tekkadan in their new light is refreshing.

Of course, IBO first episode can't go without a mecha battle and that is what we got towards the end albeit its conclusion will have to wait until the next episode. This battle felt like it was there "just because" at the moment.

Kotouri-san Overall Thoughts
Only those who live can know true despair.....[/plays bring me back to life]
Pretty good, it's a damn roller coaster alright. I recommend you watch this cause it will fuck you over good.

Kotouri-san Overall Thoughts
Only those who live can know true despair.....[/plays bring me back to life]
Pretty good, it's a damn roller coaster alright. I recommend you watch this cause it will fuck you over good.

It was more comedy than anything else and even just the first two episodes are somehow mentionworthy for the over the top nonsense.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Web Working or whatever it's actually called is okay I guess. It's sort of like the Aqours to the original's Muse.

It was more comedy than anything else and even just the first two episodes are somehow mentionworthy for the over the top nonsense.
The mom stuff at the end was pretty j-dramatic as well.

---

Oh yeah, Anime is still shit etc etc etc.

Defuser

Iron Blooded Orphans S2 ep 1
Interesting to see the consequences Tekkadan did on S1 had on season 2 with more child soldiers being used and older mobile suits being revived.

Poor cookie and cracker, they don't like their brother being idolized as a dead hero.

1dppcy.jpg

GEE I WONDER WHO CAN THAT BE HMMMMMM.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Amanchu 03

This is such a joy to experience. While Hikari does act as Futaba's foil as the overly peppy girl they're actually quite similar. While Futaba acts the stereotypical shy girl with confidence issues Hikari has her own anxieties but masks them by acting out. The character dynamics of Hikari slowly pulling Futaba out of her shell is so delightful.
It's funny because what's different about this show is that shift in perspective. It's recognizably Aria, but changing the main character who faces the audience is basically enough to make it different.

Oh my goodness please tell me IBO S2 is doing the same thing 00 S2 did with the guy in the mask being easily recognizeable by literally everybody.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2, Episode 1:

Come with us now as we establish the new order in this universe via an establishing episode filled to the brim with Gundam Politics which always been less interesting then they should be. Trying to remember how much of a thing Half-Metal actually was in Season 1 and I am drawing a blank. Human Debris I remember because Toonami just got past that fetid arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom