• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Is There uncensored version of Terra formars and is it worth watching ?
I remember dropping it after watching the first episode (censored).

Exalted

Gundam IBO S2 episode1

Nice episode to start of the second season. Hm due to the events in S1 some things in the world become actually worse now , and not better . Lots of new characters already introduced in this episode, looking to see what that new blond kid does in the future.

CLqmNcK.jpg

KC40Y9O.jpg

Copper

Hmm most of the stuff I'm interested in doesn't air until later this week. Might have to take a trip to my backlogs this season.

Excited for IBO tonight. Cautious about MH. I believe the game will make its way over, and I'd prefer to play it over watching the anime. I may just check the first episode as a pilot of sorts as for what to expect for the game, and call it a day.

Also, after going out, sleeping on it, and thinking about it a little bit, I too was a little underwhelmed by Izetta. It was pretty for sure, but over exposition dialogue, and scenes that lacked impact were abundant. I'll give next week a shot again, but seeing how stacked the season is, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't continue it any further.

Sölf

Finished Death Note. It was pretty good. But I must admit, after episode 25 the show wasn't as good as before.

Ascheroth

By the way, about Izetta.
For those curious about the real-world equivalent of Eylstadt, according to the map it should be the state of Vorarlberg and a part of Tirol in Austria.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Oh hey new thread-
Holy hell AoT dynamic city swinging sequences were animated in 3D, printed off and then the character art was drawn on top of them? No wonder they burn through artists like they're going out of fashion, I can see why Aya Suzuki just flat refuses offers of work from studios that are still producing on paper. Thanks for the link it's both sad and fascinating at the same time, I guess everyone involved is too damn scared of both the up-front capital cost and the reduced productivity that comes from bedding down a new production process despite the huge long term gains it offers.
Wtf.. the anime genre is doomed.
Not really.
But its worrying.

Thud

Dragon Ball Super 59-60

So Goku never kissed Chi-Chi. That's why Vegeta is the better husband.

The arc is pretty good and makes use of every important character. Although I wanted to see more of universe 7's kaioshin. Jumping between present and future is getting annoying and the latest reveal just makes Zamas even worse.

Sölf;218814608 said:
Finished Death Note. It was pretty good. But I must admit, after episode 25 the show wasn't as good as before.

Well yeah the dynamic completely changed.

It's not one of my favorites but I watched every adaption of the story, because it's interesting to see it fall apart in different ways.

Sölf

Alderamin 13
Why was this so good, why did it end now and why was it a read-the-novels-ending? S2 when!?

Sterok

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 1

Lots of setup and exposition, but that's fine since it's interesting to see what's happened since Tekkadan changed everything. More child soldiers is not going to end well for anyone. Kudelia and McGillis are making progress in the world. Julietta is going to be one of those nuts types. The newbies get their first taste of blood, and Mika shows them how it's done. Good start for the second season.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Gundam IBO with the amazing start to the season. All the characters seemed to have developed naturally through the time skip. I also really liked that due to their actions, they gained fame, but that the outside world saw that child soldiers were viable. Also, the big bad went down, but they were the paragons of peace, so piracy is now up. I love the world building.

My expectations are high for the rest of the show now, looks like it won't shy away from tackling difficult subjects. I'm sure Mikazuki's Orga fanaticism will be a thing down the line too.

Space Guts S2E1

SPACE GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTS~
He's Guts but in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE~
Not shitty CG GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTS~
OFF THE BOAT AND IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE~

Strong start to Space Guts featuring the Iron Blooded Orphans. Hype first episode. Looking forward to more.

Sölf

Sakamoto Special
This was Gintama. This episode was so like Gintama. Oh god, this was so great. This episode completely killed me. xD

91 Days END
The final episode delivered. Definitly my AOTS and most likely very high on my AOTY list.

Shoy By Rock!! # 01
Please remember, this show is about music.

Really strong start. I already love S2. I mean, it started with completely pulverizing the planet and time traveling ninjas. This can't be bad, right?

Okada Gundam 26

I wasn't too hot coming into this episode, but I actually ended up liking it more then I expected.

Feel pretty bad for Cookie and Cracker tbh

SB69 S2 01

This just makes me want Symphogear S4 already.

Dragon Ball Super 60

Goku...

jgminto

Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On 1
Pretty boring first episode. I enjoyed the 2D animation, it has a fun style, but the CG can be really jarring. Some of those scenes reminded me of old stop motion effects in live action films where you'd see both the monster and the actors on screen but they were clearly on different layers. The main cast seemed enjoyable enough but I could easily see Iyami's fursona quickly getting obnoxious. I'm hoping the show will reach a point where fun adventure is the primary focus instead of village traditions and ancient prophecies, that will largely determine whether I keep watching or not.

TrueBlue

I might give Show by Rock a shot. I always hear good things in this thread, but the aesthetic always gives me pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom