• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvitor

Kaminashi Nozomi (17) is an exceptional gymnast. So much so that colleges with some of the best gymnastic programs are trying to recruit her. Unfortunately for them, she has other plans. Due to her family being extremely poor, money is everything to her. That's why she wants to step into the world of "Keijo." "Keijo" is a type of gambling sport where girls stand on a small floating platform and compete against one another. The aim is to push the other contestant off of the platform into the water, but they are only allowed to use their butt or breasts to push the others off. Will Nozomi be able to compete in the intense world of "Keijo" and bring wealth and fortune for her family?

...sold

Gvitor

I just watched the trailer and I can't believe this shit lol

And for some reason the trailer is in english

Worse than the "heaven or hell" euphonium trailer, I love it

Serious

I wonder what the betting is on that being legitimately good.

The manga is genuinely fun, assuming you aren't a complete prude.

The adaption looks great, and seems to have actual animation for the races instead of stills and speedlines. It is skipping the first 25 chapters, which in my opinion is the right call. They're not bad chapters, but they have very little Keijo in them (and the adaption is including it), are mostly irrelevant (has some relationship building between the two leads and Miyata's backstory, but that's it), and mostly importantly, there isn't enough time to do both the early training camp/exam arc AND the East-West competition, which gets absolutely insane. Some OVAs for those chapters would be ideal.

Going into it, Xebec looks to be doing everything right. If you don't go into it with a shitty "it has fanservice so it's automatically garbage" attitude, there's very good odds it'll good.

Wanderer5

Touken Ranbu - Hanamura 1
I wanna polish those swords.

2b0cbccd2d6becdba430e057a58f4f04.jpg

:p

Lautaro

Gundam IBO 1

Yes! this is what I wanted to see, more mechs and more badassery (and the world going to shit for it haha).
Also this episode was pretty much similar to the first episode: exposition, short but intense battle and Mika crashing the party, I'm Ok with this formula... not a fan of weirdo bug-eating girl though

TrueBlue

The manga is genuinely fun, assuming you aren't a complete prude.

The adaption looks great, and seems to have actual animation for the races instead of stills and speedlines. It is skipping the first 25 chapters, which in my opinion is the right call. They're not bad chapters, but they have very little Keijo in them (and the adaption is including it), are mostly irrelevant (has some relationship building between the two leads and Miyata's backstory, but that's it), and mostly importantly, there isn't enough time to do both the early training camp/exam arc AND the East-West competition, which gets absolutely insane. Some OVAs for those chapters would be ideal.

Going into it, Xebec looks to be doing everything right. If you don't go into it with a shitty "it has fanservice so it's automatically garbage" attitude, there's very good odds it'll good.

I see. I'll wait for impressions here and elsewhere.

I admit, like Show by Rock, the look of the series is giving me pause - though it's more "fanservice fanservice" as opposed to "moe moe". I guess we'll see!

Jarmel

Banned
Mahou Shoujo of the End-1

When your biggest twist isn't even the death fights. lol wtf

Like the music for the ED a lot.

Narag

Konosuba 6

For as much as the last episode didn't work for me, this one sure did. Liked the Dullahan dude and his fight with Darkness had me laughing hard.

Line_HTX

By the way, about Izetta.
For those curious about the real-world equivalent of Eylstadt, according to the map it should be the state of Vorarlberg and a part of Tirol in Austria.

I don't know why I assumed it was using present-day borders for Switzerland, lol

Exalted

Vestlia is Switzerland in Izetta, and also the place where everything hapened in episode 1. Do wonder where they got all their names from :p

sSJBGAg.jpg

Ascheroth

I don't know why I assumed it was using present-day borders for Switzerland, lol

I totally thought it was Switzerland as well.

I thought that as well at first because of that scene, lol. But the map shows Switzerland right besides Eylstadt. I'm pretty sure it's Vorarlberg and Tirol, and probably Liechtenstein as well.
Another fun fact: the opera was most likely Queen of the Night from Mozarts Magic Flute.

Jarmel

Banned
That stuff fits alpine German speaking areas rather than Switzerland specifically. The whole monarchy thing certainly isn't Swiss.

It's not just that though, no military would have risked a possible land invasion over Liechtenstein by itself, a population size of 30,000 people. Switzerland could possibly make sense.

Actually did Liechtenstein even have a standing army during WW2?

Bloodivores Episode 1

Seems_Legit.jpg

Man, the reboot of Spy Hunter looks terrible.

This isn't even a minute into the actual show by the way.

Gundam IBO S2 - 01
Time as passed, things have changed, the kids have grown. Very good season premiere, super stoked for more. After all, this was one of my most anticipated shows this season. IBO S1 made it to my top 10 list last year, let's see if S2 does as well.

Cornbread78

Code Geass R2 ep.16

Well, looks like the next world war is about to break out.... C.C has completely lost her mind also, but at least Zero hooked her up with some nice warm pizza!

Cornbread, you don't have to copy paste the image link right from the source. Re-hosting the image on Imgur or something is always a better idea.

e_i

Magnus Bride episode 1 part 1

The girl reminds me so much of Shirayuki. Anyway, a good slow story. Good god, why are humans such goddamned assholes to orphan children? Poor girl. Also, I hope we see more of the woman from the beginning and her fairy.

Shuumatsu no Izetta 1

Yessss! An actual interesting show this season! Was worried there'd be nothing worth watching for the Fall.

Aki-at

So took the freedom I'm enjoying this weekend to finish a number of shows and marathon others.

91 Days - End

Yeah I just blasted through this between yesterday and today and I really enjoyed it. I was expecting a major plot revelation in episode 8 considering everyone's reaction
but instead it was Corteo going full mental on Fango.
As with most mafia shows, everyone more or less meets an unfortunate fate and the culmination of Avilio's plan in episode 12 was perfect, Vincent's line "It was all for nothing" perfectly setting up the tone for the final episode what was their reason for living.

I'd like to say on the open ending that Nero
spared Avilio in the end and I think the fact he was unable to answer his question a couple of episodes from the finale, if he would shot that boy he let go and his reaction to the watermelon can, leads me to thinking the two made their peace with each other. Hopefully Nero is driving back to that diner he was at in episode 3 to chat up that waitress.
I enjoyed the story but there wasn't anything else that was noteworthy for me, as far as mafia influenced animes (All three of them I've watched) it's probably number 2, but it got the conclusion spot on, which for me is the most important aspect. 7/10

Kuromukuro - End

From one open end to another, Kuromukuro has been a fun ride. I'll admit the
final battle in episode 24
is anticlimatic but I preferred what they were going for by closing off the series. I was genuinely unsure wither Kennosuke and Yukina would end up together too and the final major plot twist was something I don't think anyone could ever see coming
and yet it was so obvious who he's father was.
And I have to say I love time skip epilogues that show what each character is doing in the future, Sophie really had a growth sprout! Some decent plot points, great characters that worked well with each other and humour that remained consistent for the most part makes this such an enjoyable series that I'm sad to see finish. 7/10

jTrM7gq.jpg

PS. Bearded Sebastian >>>>>> Bearded Ryu

I'd say this would have been my biggest surprise (I was generally put off by the schoolkids in mechas) this year if not for...

Thunderbolt Fantasy - End

So Lin wasn't really a bad guy, he just likes screwing with them. He's fight with the Bones of Creation was great, the same couldn't be said of Shang vs the demon god but a minor let down considering the fight beforehand. What a badass Shang himself is anyway but I was expecting
Lady Fei to end up with him during the early episodes but Juan makes for a cuter couple,

I screamed a loud WAT when I saw sequel series was in production which is now one of my most anticipated shows next year. 9/10

Occult Academy - End

I'm kind of disappointed this show only last for 13 episodes, there was a wealth of supernatural stuff that could be used to extend the series to 26. I was enjoying Maya and Ami's friendly relationship, Bunmei's bumbling antics, JK ability to just find things and Naruse just falling victims to every demon but I digress because for those 13 episodes Occult Academy has been excellent.

Whilst Maya's insistence to wear the same dress since she was like 5, I enjoyed the monster and character designs through out the whole series (And the opening's visual of gods and demons was striking to me) the comedy never failed me once and I can recall almost all the characters! The show was the complete package, some emotional moments (The one with the ghost girl :< ) loads of funny bits and some enjoyable action scenes too. Like I said before, one of the things that disappointed me was how short this show was and the
time travel conclusion now making any sense, it felt a bit rushed in the end!
but I loved every other moment. 8/10

Though on the conclusion
did Maya up and kidnap Bunmei's younger self? It seemed like that!

Monster Hunter Stories Ride on - 01
Like I said, I was only gonna watch this episode and leave it until the day I can play this on my 3DS. But here are my thought of the show.

The monsters stick out like sore thumbs due to them being CG. Whenever a character rides on them, they too become CG, and again stands out a lot. The narrative was weird, with what seemed like loading screens and odd cuts, maybe due to there being gameplay or something in those segments? We were dropped in the world without any real context of the world or characters, no idea if they will be developing them further on, or whether they assume that the viewer already knows who they are. Seeing MH stuff like the smoke bomb, nitroshroom, the potion was cool (even the sound after the main character drank it). Navirou is fucking obnoxious. The comedy isn't that great, but the world and its characters are cute enough. Will wait for the game.

Cornbread78

Cornbread, you don't have to copy paste the image link right from the source. Re-hosting the image on Imgur or something is always a better idea.

I can upload them into imgur on mobile, however, it does not give me the BBC code to post, like it would on my laptop...

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
There is this Kickstarter for MECHA-UDE: Japanese Animation by Sae Okamoto with Oort

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/776779891/mecha-ude-japanese-animation?ref=video

original.png

<Film information >

One 24minute Episode
Japanese Voice-Over / English Subtitle
24p / 16:9
Download&Blu-ray = FullHD(1080p)

It looks cool and totally something I would enjoy. But I'm no pro for the staff so I don't know if anyone big is on there.
This is just jojo...
But with HAND STANDS. Handstands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom