• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

I really liked the first half of Texhnolyze, but the second part lost me. A bunch of characters I barely cared running around. Some interesting stuff like the Doc character, but the anime (and my interest) fell apart when
mustaches
died.

Copper

Ef: a tale of memories 1-10

This is really good. Great balance of romance, drama, and mystery. Not a huge fan of the art style, specifically on the girls. However shaft does a really good job on the presentation. For a 2007 anime it looks like it could be something airing now.

I really like the parallels between the different stories they are telling. They way they give foreshadowing without making it too predictable is great. I will definitely watch melodies after this since they are all on crunchyroll.

If you are looking for a mature romance story definitely check this out.

Chindogg

Nice Fuuka talk when I just power read through all the manga up to it's current.

Yeah the twist comes out of nowhere and really turns everything on his head.

Musume OVA

Cx0W9h3VQAMLSWa.jpg
I have a new favorite monstergirl.

Any other good anime series or films very similar to Your Name
One that also has a
a happy ending?

Work is extremely stressful at the moment so im looking for something that can be a little heavy but swings back to a feel good ending by the end.

sasuke_91

I don't give a shit about Fuuka so I looked up the twist and wow, now I kinda wanna watch it. It's hilarious.
Same here^^

What's up with people promoting the Naruto Online browser game? Saw a video by Mother's Basement and gigguk sponsored by that game. Did they just get tons of money or is this supposed to actually be decent?

Cornbread78

Occultic;Nine ep.7
Daaaaammnn. I wasn't expecting that kind of twist right there. I can't believe they are
all dead
. When did it all happen and how were they selected for
brainwashing and forced suicide
? Lots of questions, but this got pretty good over the past few episodes!

Occultic;Nine ep.7
Daaaaammnn. I wasn't expecting that kind of twist right there. I can't believe they are
all dead
. When did it all happen and how were they selected for
brainwashing and forced suicide
? Lots of questions, but this got pretty good over the past few episodes!
I wouldn't say the past few, but this episode did stand out and as I said on my impressions, it made me actually care about what is going on.

I could honestly go as far as saying that THIS predicament could easily have been at the beginning of the show as the pilot event that sets the whole plot. I think it would have been more interesting, and compelling. The show was pretty aimless up until now. Sure there was world building I guess and a crescendo to what we got in episode 7, but in my opinion, you could easily have snuffed it all out and it would have made just as much sense as it has up until now lol.

I wouldn't say the past few, but this episode did stand out and as I said on my impressions, it made me actually care about what is going on.

I could honestly go as far as saying that THIS predicament could easily have been at the beginning of the show as the pilot event that sets the whole plot. I think it would have been more interesting, and compelling. The show was pretty aimless up until now. Sure there was world building I guess and a crescendo to what we got in episode 7, but in my opinion, you could easily have snuffed it all out and it would have made just as much sense as it has up until now lol.

What?! no I liked my episodes and the character interaction in them. All episode up until now were good for characters development and a nice setup for the big reveal on episode 6. I don't really think they could really have snuffed any of it at all. From 1-6 we constantly got important info on the mystery too. I really disagree.

cj_iwakura

I really liked the first half of Texhnolyze, but the second part lost me. A bunch of characters I barely cared running around. Some interesting stuff like the Doc character, but the anime (and my interest) fell apart when
mustaches
died.

Sadly, it broke the ABe rule of '13 episodes'. Never a good sign. It needed to be cut back, badly. That said, the art was and still is god-tier.

Cornbread78

Gosick ep.19
Damn, Victorica's mom had it fucking rough as well. What the hell us a grey wolf exactlyand when do they plan to reveal it all? I'm also pissed thry are fucking with my ship again, but this was all foreshadowed at the beginning of the show...

What happened in seven that turned it around for you? I watched through six,
and understood from the final moments reveal that they were all dead
but that reveal didn't hook me since I haven't really cared about anyone up till now. Gamon was more annoying than anything, and the break neck speed with which all dialogue was delivered made me feel like everything was rushed. Without a more proper pacing I found my interest gradually lessening and lessening over the course of the series.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Girlish Number 7:

I will never have a drink and a heart-to-heart with Kansai.

Why even go on living?

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 073

HvdWPUZ.jpg
dzabZa3.jpg
6h68so1.jpg
pUPS6Tf.jpg

That feel when actual dictator Reinhard is still less tyrannical then Trump who was elected democratically

Reinhard formally recognizing the FPA as an actual legitimate entity after annexing it into the empire is brilliant. It formally exists, but only as a thing of the past.

I think 2016 is the right time to be watching this series...

Name the last crossfit kobold monster girl you've seen.

Sorry but Kobolds can only conjure up the image of YOU NO TAKE CANDLE now

Haly

When will we move past this stereotyping of kobolds as lampadomaniacs?

All Out! Episode 1 - 3 EngDub

Ebumi got a good voice probably best of the group.

I dont know how I feel about Gion's voice at this point. Wasn't what I was expecting, I think I was hoping for something more in line with the sort of sound that his JPN va has. Oh well, by episode 3 I warmed up to it.

Giolon

I received my Prison School BD's today (a day early!) and in case anyone was wondering what Funimation would do about the gamergate reference in the dub, they edited it out and replaced it with a new line somewhat closer to the original Japanese dialogue.

Original Sub translation: "You keep talking to me like we're on equal terms, but I'm a 2nd year. You have to address a superior more politely."

Previous Dub: "Have you got a stick up your ass or are you one of those dumbass gamergate creepshows?"

New Dub: "Have you got a stick up your ass or is that your pathetic attempt at talking to an older girl?"

Also, Funimation seems to have replaced their entire dub stream with the uncensored Blu-ray version of the show, while the sub stream is still the broadcast censored version.

Joe Molotov

I received my Prison School BD's today (a day early!) and in case anyone was wondering what Funimation would do about the gamergate reference in the dub, they edited it out and replaced it with a new line somewhat closer to the original Japanese dialogue.

Original Sub translation: "You keep talking to me like we're on equal terms, but I'm a 2nd year. You have to address a superior more politely."

Previous Dub: "Have you got a stick up your ass or are you one of those dumbass gamergate creepshows?"

New Dub: "Have you got a stick up your ass or is that your pathetic attempt at talking to an older girl?"

Also, Funimation seems to have replaced their entire dub stream with the uncensored Blu-ray version of the show, while the sub stream is still the broadcast censored version.

Trump's America

Yuri On Ice Episode 5 (Engdub)
Cx1dl1XXcAAE1wf.jpg:small

Minami was dubbed, sounded awesome. Minami's performance was always the best and still is the best. I keep rewatching it and now dubbed its even more enjoyable.

I think I like this more dubbed I can actually watch the skating instead of reading the subs.

Somehow I missed Yuri ramming into the wall the first time, how does he still win with such a bad mistake?

Haly

Girlish Number 7

I hope Hot Springs ep is as real as Beach ep. Director is straight up trolling now.

All you kids talking about your real monster girls and yuri cuckholding, and I just don't get it.
Anime was better when people were more ashamed.

Izetta: The Last Witch 1-5 (simuldub)

I fell behind after episode 3, so I decided to rewatch and catchup with the dub.

Izetta's magic can be quite fun, despite being kinda broken when she can use it. I do appreciate the fact that there are limitations on where she can use it. And the whole scene where they had the elite guard cover up for her lack of abilities was great. Pretty clever cover-up on their part.

Jonas is totally going to fuck things up, dammit. :/

Funi's done a good job dubbing this too, I think they cast everyone well and they're all giving great performances.

Magical Girl Raising Project 7-8

fSpGeVKdbeigU.gif

Shit is gonna hit the fan next episode. The fights have been getting more and more intense, although admittedly the fight scene between Mary and Alice was almost comical in how over the top it got.

jman2050

www Working!! 8

Miyakoshi/Higashida have the most dysfunctional functional relationship I've ever seen. Poor Higashida's gonna lose the ability to taste food.

Adachi needs to grow a spine already.

Girlish Number 7

I don't know who's the true Literal Worst of this show, Kuzu or Chitose. It's really close.

Jex

What about Midori?

See my earlier reference to Harmony. It's more nihilistic than the even the ending to that movie.

Again, I can see why it earned it's place as a 'a show so depressing it got it own meme', I'm just surprised that it lives up to that reputation that anime fans gave it. So often you'll find that the 'anime community' has hyped a show up incorrectly, but they weren't wrong about this one.

See my earlier reference to Harmony. It's more nihilistic than the even the ending to that movie.

Again, I can see why it earned it's place as a 'a show so depressing it got it own meme', I'm just surprised that it lives up to that reputation that anime fans gave it. So often you'll find that the 'anime community' has hyped a show up incorrectly, but they weren't wrong about this one.

Did you like the show?

It's one of those shows that I think is hard to evaluate, because it's hard to compare it to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom