• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS : BATTLOGUE -Episode 3

Well that was a thing alright, a thing full of Bearguys certainly.

Firemind

if it is focused on the events of daily life involving the main characters dating or in love with each other, itstill would then be focused on romance, and thus be a romance, at least to me.
this is anime

it will have full of misunderstandings

i remember someone asked if there was a show where the main characters are dating each other from the start and end on the same note without any love triangles and nobody could give an answer

i guess tokyo marble chocolate would count as one

also are you recommending slice of life shows called interviews with monster girls? what?

DiGiKerot

GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS : BATTLOGUE -Episode 3

Well that was a thing alright, a thing full of Bearguys certainly.

I suspect this episode is way funnier if (a) you've seen enough Precure to know all the things they're riffing on, and (b) build a lot of HGBF Gunpla kits.

zulux21

this is anime

it will have full of misunderstandings

i remember someone asked if there was a show where the main characters are dating each other from the start and end on the same note without any love triangles and nobody could give an answer

i guess tokyo marble chocolate would count as one

also are you recommending slice of life shows called interviews with monster girls? what?

what.
it may involve monster girls, but it's totally a slice of life show.
it's about how they go about their daily lives and how being monster girls effects that.
it was surprisingly enjoyable and laid back, with a well made cast.

John Blade

474938fpp3qz.jpg

Firemind

what.
it may involve monster girls, but it's totally a slice of life show.
it's about how they go about their daily lives and how being monster girls effects that.
it was surprisingly enjoyable and laid back, with a well made cast.
that's not slice of life

even wikipedia doesn't consider it slice of life

Cornbread78

Can someone recommend me some nice relaxing, slice of life romance anime?

There's not a ton of chill ones without drama, but here are some good ones:

Tsuki ga Kirei
My Love Story
Itazuri na Kiss
Acchi Kochi
Chobits
Cross Game
Emma: A Victorian Romance
Love, election, chocolate
Yamada-kun and the 7 witches
Nodame Cantibile
Spice and Wolf
Rec
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
White Album 2

And of course the best of all time is Clanned/ Clannad After Story, but there is a ton of drama and emotion in that one, so it's not chill or comfy, lol

Thud

I would say Nodame is a bit crazy/extravagant to be considered slice of life, but yeah the relationship doesn't change much.

There is plot and character progression tho.

Thanks guys, currently watching Tsuki GA Kirei out of all that was recommended, but will probably go through those I haven't after. Surprised there wasn't a recommendation for Honey & Clover though. That's my favorite SOL/Romance anime.

Also thank God no one recommended Konbini Kareshi.

I feel like...skipping this season except for Fate and foxgirls anime. It would allowed me to catch up on my anime video games, both Utawarerumonos and DQ: Heroes 2 and Gundam Versus.

I feel like...skipping this season except for Fate and foxgirls anime. It would allowed me to catch up on my anime video games, both Utawarerumonos and DQ: Heroes 2 and Gundam Versus.

Yuki Yuna S2 airs today.

Technically it’s the first episode of the prequel season but still.

Cornbread78

Thanks guys, currently watching Tsuki GA Kirei out of all that was recommended, but will probably go through those I haven't after. Surprised there wasn't a recommendation for Honey & Clover though. That's my favorite SOL/Romance anime.

Also thank God no one recommended Konbini Kareshi.

Too much Drama and not enough Romance in H&C.

There isn't a single
ship that actually works in that show. Every single character is miserable the entire time....

mankoto

Boruto 25
Sarada says she picked Boruto to be the field trip leader so he doesn't goof off. Too bad Boruto isn't smart enough to make shadow clones to watch the group while he goofs off.

Qurupeke

Juuni Taisen 1

Pretty cool. The body count is already rising. I'm sure I'll be surprised in a number of ways with this show. The character designs are questionable, but I feel like their point is to make most of the characters repulsive, so it kind of works.

blurr

I'd imagine Slice of Life is better defined as making the (in-universe/context) mundane interesting in simple or subtle ways and evoking just as much. Sometimes it's presented just the way it is because in universe fiction adds enough.

Centaur Worries for instance presents simple things like wearing clothes the way they are without adding much because the universe adds enough intrigue. "How do centaurs wear their pants?" etc

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless presents the mundane with a simple twist, which is a result of Tanaka's utter laziness.

Work Life anime can be considered a sub-genre of this because the work aspect itself makes it interesting enough to watch even though it's sometimes mundane for people actually involved in the work irl.

Some Nobody

Boruto 25
Sarada says she picked Boruto to be the field trip leader so he doesn't goof off. Too bad Boruto isn't smart enough to make shadow clones to watch the group while he goofs off.

Naruto often sends shadow clones to spend time with his family while he stays at work. I'm pretty sure Boruto thinks that's a shitty thing to do.

trejo

Black Clover 1

loud-noises-gif-16-1.gif

I made it about a third through the episode before I simply couldn't take it anymore. I'd like to know who thought it'd be a good idea to have the main character yell every single one of his lines in the most obnoxiously loud way possible because that person needs a stern talking to.

Apart from that, we have a shounen tale about a spunky short-tempered kid who dreams of becoming the next __________ but who has a hard time fitting in because he has no chakra/cosmo/ki/stand/magic/nen to speak of. He also has an edgy dark-haired childhood friend who is just too aloof and cool to show any emotions and who will more than likely become his rival in the future. Now, I couldn't even finish this first episode but I'm willing to bet that at some point it is revealed that loud protagonist-kun is harboring some sort of super amazing hidden/forbidden power that he won't manage to fully control yet until at least a couple of training arcs. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

1 dattebayo out of 10.

DNAbro

Black Clover 1

loud-noises-gif-16-1.gif

I made it about a third through the episode before I simply couldn't take it anymore. I'd like to know who thought it'd be a good idea to have the main character yell every single one of his lines in the most obnoxiously loud way possible because that person needs a stern talking to.

Apart from that, we have a shounen tale about a spunky short-tempered kid who dreams of becoming the next __________ but who has a hard time fitting in because he has no chakra/cosmo/ki/stand/magic/nen to speak of. He also has an edgy dark-haired childhood friend who is just too aloof and cool to show any emotions and who will more than likely become his rival in the future. Now, I couldn't even finish this first episode but I'm willing to bet that at some point it is revealed that loud protagonist-kun is harboring some sort of super amazing hidden/forbidden power that he won't manage to fully control yet until at least a couple of training arcs. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

1 dattebayo out of 10.

You should have watched till the end of the episode lmao

Top Bottom