• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought Little Witch Academia TV was fine. Some people were really repulsed by it but I don't think it really warrants that kind of reaction, but I also understand why people would feel that way. I thought the character writing was absolutely abysmal...like in a way where the characters read better in the first 20 minute OVA. Diana in particular is a great example, she is still a vehicle for the best episodes but somehow they just totally screwed up the aspects of that character that gave her any aspect of depth or humanity. In the OVA she is skilled but still makes mistakes, getting in over her head as she tries to live up to the legacy of her family. Even her attitude carries a certain haughtiness to it, but ultimately she is apologetic and tries to right her wrongs. Sucy would be another example where she went from taking selfless actions at times in the OVA to just having this incomprehensible backstory or whatever in the TV series. She doesn't really want to be there, she is abrasive to a psychotic point and generally just comes across as completely unfriendly, but somehow she is supposed to be one of the primary supporting characters. And really that kind of stuff extends across the entire cast. They are so universally unlikable that it is kind of crazy. The bigger story stuff does not make any sense and has all these weird vestigial parts that you would think should have been cleaned up. But still...there's some cool set piece work and there are enough times where things click that I didn't mind watching the series.

Cornbread78

Guys, stop saying silly things like pumpkin flavour isn't great.

"Guys Pumpkin flavor IS great"
VBH86xo.gif

mankoto

I'm sorry but Pumkin anything is no good.

Naruto often sends shadow clones to spend time with his family while he stays at work. I'm pretty sure Boruto thinks that's a shitty thing to do.

Well he's doing a decent job in keeping everything in line so far. I'll give him that.

Boruto - 26
Seems like these random thugs aren't just random thugs. That's a shame.

mankoto

Boruto - 27
Finally a new OP. Not really feeling the new ED though.

So all women have to do is control their chakra and they can prevent themselves from getting drunk? That's an interesting trait. Also what a boring game of UNO. Not a draw 4 anywhere.

Chase17

Gintama 101-105 Shinsengumi Crisis
Hijikata's the best. Some good moments for Kondo too this arc.

Most funny parts of the arc were probably the Shinpachi/Hijikata otaku debate, Gin shooting a rocket when he is meant to be saving Kondo, and Yamazaki's funeral.

The Ito redemption/send off was mostly well done too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Krispy Kremes are a rip-off (in the UK).

I can just buy five regular sugared or jam doughnuts for less than a glazed (the cheapest) Krispy Kreme.

What a liberty.

Krispy Kremes are a rip-off (in the UK).

I can just buy five regular sugared or jam doughnuts for less than a glazed (the cheapest) Krispy Kreme.

What a liberty.

I knew they were expensive but damn.

Gotta keep the us empire running I guess

Edit: donuts are supported by Precure

Top Bottom