• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

daveo42

Banned
Girls' Last Tour 2
This is why the world ended:
4vvL5dR.jpg

DiGiKerot

I mean that's not my point though. It's Ao was a mess, surely this will also be a mess. Doesn't matter what the reasons are.

Oh, in that case, maybe the clearly misguided, in retrospect, assumption that there's only so much you can do to mess up what is essentially a recap movie of a pretty good TV show - it's hard to explain exactly how above and beyond the movie goes in completely destroying what it's recapping.

It's frustrating, as the new material genuinely is some of the best content in the entire franchise.

BEYBLADE BUrst Episode 37 (engdub)

That left handed launch from Shu, pretty epic and he scored that win. Im worried for the next battle though. That Shu dragging his Valt Aoi off in the preview.

Qurupeke

Land of the Lustrous 2

I thought it was only Phos, but almost all of the gems' voice acting is really good. Also, Diamond is the best girl.

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond 2

Crazy episode. I hope the next one is really about Chain.

Future Card Buddyfight X [Batzz] Episode 27 EngDub
DMIUV3cUMAA3tk7.jpg:small
DMIVkvzUEAAFn4c.jpg:small

I love Sakate but why does he keep volunteering for these high risk buddyfights, like he can actually win against Gao Mikado?! What.

Thunder Empire seems overpowered.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT EPisode 47 (engdub)
DMIZVgnVQAA5IEZ.jpg:small
DMIb5GBUEAAd8TM.jpg:small

Taiyou is doing perfectly this time, both his Holy Sword of Heavenly Light, Gurguit and Sunrise Ray Radiant Sword, Gurguit are the best.

It would be good if he won twice in a row.

sasuke_91

Damn, Koe no Katachi is a lot better as a movie than I remember it from the manga. The movie was better structured and the story benefits from the more "compressed" form of story telling. It's probably also because I read the manga weekly (or was it monthly? I don't remember), but this story should probably be read in one go.
Of course the movie also looks super great as you'd expect from KyoAni, but what the hell, the soundtrack is something else! Tracks like these give me goosebumps everytime I hear them.

18if Episode 13 END

Well I thought using the biblical Adam and Eve plot for this anime ended up making it creative especially with the confronting of the old way of female being submissive to men but not being different and empowered, rocked Eve's world (also all those nicknames).

Dont like the Haruto resolution
why he have to actually die

Good music overall.

Just Because 1+2

91rV6kZ.png

Huh. The animation is pretty sparse at times but it's a really comfy show so far. I like the background art and the music is excellent as well. I really dig the OP and ED songs too.

The LINE marketing department cannot be stopped. Shame it's only streaming on Amazon. Their X1 app is a pain in the ass to use.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What the fuck is up with the pacing in Black Clover? They're making it seem like a rival show about Yuno and Asta when it's actually just Fairy Tail complete with "guilds full of weird drunks" and Yuno's only in it a small percentage of the time?

What the fuck is up with the pacing in Black Clover? They're making it seem like a rival show about Yuno and Asta when it's actually just Fairy Tail complete with "guilds full of weird drunks" and Yuno's only in it a small percentage of the time?

As if we needed more evidence it's going to be garbage

Thud

October Comes in Like a Sealion 1

The ending fits the overall tone a bit better than the opening. If they are scheduled to put in 22 episodes again then we're getting to the good part of the work.

Anyway they continue where we took off last season with Souya's new match after defeating Shimada. In the meanwhile Rei is fitting in with his club members and having fun. As a person he grows and that will help him become a better player as well.

Of course there's still room to visit his new family, but that varies from time to time.

Great start with the cakes and the fuzziness.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I got a laugh out of the fact that a certain character in Shokugeki is going to be voiced by Sho Hayami, better known for voicing Aizen in Bleach.

My Hero Academia S2 25

I like how this whole series breaks up their airing with gaps instead of continuously airing it. It means that we aren't bogged down with filler. Now we patiently wait for the third season.

The animation is unpolished, as the production is extraordinarily rushed, but there's a lot of it. There's definitely a concerted effort from the show to express its characters through their motions.

Right, thats true. I also heard this is done by a relatively small new studio as well? Pretty impressive they're able to deliver with a lot of constraints.

Voror

Ancient Magus Bride 02

Good episode though a bit of an odd place to end it I think, though I guess it was to have a cliffhanger to tease for next episode.

Given the opening and this being 2 cour, they're going to get up to at least chapter 18 (out of 41 currently). So far they've adapted 2 chapters and a little bit of the third. So I'm quite curious where they'll end up having it end since it seems obvious they'll get past that point unless they really stretch things out.

I got a laugh out of the fact that a certain character in Shokugeki is going to be voiced by Sho Hayami, better known for voicing Aizen in Bleach.

If it's who I'm thinking of then that is a good pick.

Maedhros

OregaIru Season 1 and 2

Man... what a nice slice of life, one of the best I've ever watched. Season 2 had a lot more vagueness and "talking in codes" instead of saying what's really on their damn minds... but it was great. Kinda obvious that the problem they have at hands is a love triangle...

The cliffhanger was shit though. What a shitty way to end the season.

I'll try reading the novels for more insight. I like all the characters on this show. Yui, 8man, Yukino... and the supporting cast make the story feel pretty authentic.

I specially like Haruno's bitch acting to make the story more tense. It's obvious she noticed the problems they would have. I also was hoping for a closure on Yukino's family problems, but I guess it'll be solved only by the end of the story.

OregaIru Season 1 and 2

Man... what a nice slice of life, one of the best I've ever watched. Season 2 had a lot more vagueness and "talking in codes" instead of saying what's really on their damn minds... but it was great. Kinda obvious that the problem they have at hands is a love triangle...

I'll try reading the novels for more insight. I like all the characters on this show. Yui, 8man, Yukino... and the supporting cast make the story feel pretty authentic.

I specially like Haruno's bitch acting to make the story more tense. It's obvious she noticed the problems they would have. I also was hoping for a closure on Yukino's family problems, but I guess it'll be solved only by the end of the story.

One of my faves! Check out the OVA if you haven't yet.

Yes, agreed, the cliffhanger was garbage. Hope the author finishes up the last few books so we can get a S3 one day :(

Erheller

OregaIru Season 1 and 2

Oregairu is great. S2 was my 2015 AOTY and I'm glad it made the GAF list.

The light novels greatly expand on what's shown in the anime. For example, you never learn what this [S2 E09] is in the anime, but you do see it in the LN.
It's the picture from the ride that they just took together

Unfortunately, the light novel fan translation isn't that great (by normal literature standards; I've never tried reading any other LN translations). It reads a little stilted - I assume that the translator(s) tried to keep the prose-y sentence structures of the original intact and translated it very literally. They're definitely readable though.

Yeah, the cliffhanger is unfortunate. I feel like the author didn't know how to end the story. S2 E13 is based off of volume 11 of the LN (which came out within a week of the episode being aired). That was in 2015. Volume 12 came out like 3 weeks ago.

cj_iwakura

HF 1 Presage Flower

I enjoyed it. Like most TV series -> Movie production, it still had stiff character acting but the fight animation looked really good as expected. The
Lancer vs Assassin
fight was especially amazing.

It felt like a natural continuation of Fate/Zero, with a more serious tone (Kajiura being back played a big part too I think) and tons of references about the events that happened in it. It’s also very bloody. And has lot of disgusting CG bugs. Despite having skipped the beginning and the common scenes from all three routes, the pacing was fine. I heard there were a lot of fate/stay in the kitchen scenes in the VN but it seems they are gone as well, which I guess is a good thing.
Still waiting... Is it viewable anywhere?

Maedhros

The light novels greatly expand on what's shown in the anime. For example, you never learn what this [S2 E09] is in the anime, but you do see it in the LN.

Unfortunately, the light novel fan translation isn't that great (by normal literature standards; I've never tried reading any other LN translations). It reads a little stilted - I assume that the translator(s) tried to keep the prose-y sentence structures of the original intact and translated it very literally. They're definitely readable though.

Yeah, the cliffhanger is unfortunate. I feel like the author didn't know how to end the story. S2 E13 is based off of volume 11 of the LN (which came out within a week of the episode being aired). That was in 2015. Volume 12 came out like 3 weeks ago.

About the photo, I heard about it when reading about volume 12, I guess the anime would show it going forward as apparently it
gets discovered by Yui

I'll read it even with bad translations.

Is A Silent Voice releasing on Blu Ray in the US anytime soon? I see it up for rent and purchase on Amazon.co.uk and iTunes UK but I cant find anything for the US. I know it'll be in theaters this month but it'd be nice to get a physical copy of the film.

Fortunately he said Volume 13 and 14 are the last volumes and that they will be coming out at the same time.

Top Bottom