• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond 02

Great cinematography. Also a cool new addition to the cast. And we finally got the full ED! Anyone who says that Daoko is shit doesn't know what they're talking about.

Amagi Brilliant Park, Completed - Amagi Brilliant Park was a pretty chill series. It wasn’t quite laugh out loud funny as I hoped, but I thought all the characters were pretty likable.

Also, I try to avoid the Waifu talk, but Isuzu Sento....damn girl, she hits all my check-marks.

I am most likely gonna write my impressions of episode 2 of Ancient Magus Bride tomorrow even if I had seen it a while back.

Seriously some of the background art used is stunning. The way they depicted London is spot on.

mankoto

Love Live Sunshine S2 - 02
A hundred new students or the school will shut down huh? Well, I guess they better advertise it up... Or you know, win Love Live.

kewlmyc

What the fuck is up with the pacing in Black Clover? They're making it seem like a rival show about Yuno and Asta when it's actually just Fairy Tail complete with "guilds full of weird drunks" and Yuno's only in it a small percentage of the time?

It's going to be at least 51 episodes. Gotta add as much filler as possible.

mankoto

I wouldn't call it sadistic outbreaks. It's kind of like Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke where her mouth and actions say one thing but her face says another.

All things considered, still a fun show. I'd visit that shop once or twice. Just stay far away from the parfaits.

FkZp2Fj.jpg
MbFCt6x.jpg

9YkfrhC.jpg
k8QoYci.jpg

zulux21

Made In Abyss 1

That was stunning. The art is just mind blowing, holy crap. Talk about some fantastic world building as well.

This show is going to get real dark, isn't it?

nah it will be fine, just trust kotaku

https://kotaku.com/our-top-four-summer-2017-anime-picks-1797280129

Why Watch It? Its fantasy world is reminiscent of Nausicaa’s or Castle in the Sky—full of whimsical magical beasts and awe-inspiring panoramas. Its characters are lovable, flawed and fun, so the show doesn’t take itself too seriously.

:3

Oh man. I hope I'm ready to descend the abyss.

Despite the really colorful and cheery atmosphere, when they casually mentioned
these kids get strung up naked as punishment
and Riko's
room used to be an old execution chamber
, plus the general danger of these kids' work, I got the vibe that they're trying to throw you off with the first episode.

Buckle

Watched Garo: The Vanishing Line.

An anime starring a super badass that isn't a scrawny/awkward teenager?

This is like a breath of fresh air. A lot of fun, looking forward to the rest.

zulux21

Watched Garo: The Vanishing Line.

An anime starring a super badass that isn't a scrawny/awkward teenager?

This is like a breath of fresh air. A lot of fun, looking forward to the rest.

or if you want something more ecchi

:p

not to say it's super common but there are plenty of examples.

heck you could also include dragon ball super, and one piece to that :p as regardless of luffy, Zoro exists in one piece :p

Buckle

Alucard and Guts (fan of both) are great examples but they're both from older stories/eras, about a decade or few. And of course theres Saitama who is the best. Gangsta is another one.

I'm not saying there aren't other stories featuring characters like that but it does feel like its become harder to find stuff like it that isn't high school centric.

zulux21

Alucard and Guts (fan of both) are great examples but they're both from older stories/eras, about a decade or few. And of course theres Saitama who is the best. Gangsta is another one.

I'm not saying there aren't other stories featuring characters like that but it has become harder to find stuff that isn't about high schoolers and that sort of teenage life.

to be fair alucard and guts have had anime release in the last 5 years :p

and I mean anime in general is aimed at 10-18 year olds so it shouldn't be surprising most of it is a highschool setting or have highschool aged characters.

Buckle

to be fair alucard and guts have had anime release in the last 5 years :p

and I mean anime in general is aimed at 10-18 year olds so it shouldn't be surprising most of it is a highschool setting or have highschool aged characters.
And thats perfectly fine. Its not a setting that I find super interesting after so many shows but I get it. Its relatable to their audience.

I just get extra hyped when something like Berserk, Helsing or Vanishing Line comes around as a result.

zulux21

And thats perfectly fine. Its not a setting that I find super interesting after so many shows but I get it. Its relatable to their audience.

I just get extra hyped when something like Berserk, Helsing or Vanishing Line comes around as a result.

next season will have a sequel to basilisk
https://myanimelist.net/anime/67/Basilisk__Kouga_Ninpou_Chou

a sequel to overlord
https://myanimelist.net/anime/29803/Overlord

and a sequel to seven deadly sins
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23755/Nanatsu_no_Taizai

all of which feature main characters who are not scrawny high school characters. though I could understand if seven deadly sins didn't gave off a vibe that he was a scrawny teenager :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm, although it's way late, I appreciate the fact that CR got the Amanchu OVA. I have to imagine that those are separate deals, since a lot of times they just fall by the wayside.

Buckle

next season will have a sequel to basilisk
https://myanimelist.net/anime/67/Basilisk__Kouga_Ninpou_Chou

a sequel to overlord
https://myanimelist.net/anime/29803/Overlord

and a sequel to seven deadly sins
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23755/Nanatsu_no_Taizai

all of which feature main characters who are not scrawny high school characters. though I could understand if seven deadly sins didn't gave off a vibe that he was a scrawny teenager :p
Would not have expected a sequel to Basilisk so thats sure as hell interesting.

Thanks for the reccomendations.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh here's a random Hyouka question for anyone who might have picked up the second BD set - did they keep the "Sukiyaki" song during the school festival in the dub?

Jotakori

Magus' Bride ep2

This is pretty good so far, I liked this episode more than the first too. I like Elias' character a lot, and oh man that little aquatic lizard thing is friggin' adorable. I want one!
I'm really interested in what Chise is exactly and about both how her magic works and how magic in general works in this world.

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond ep 2

This episode is definitely much better than the first, although still doesn't feel as strong as the first season to me yet. I liked getting to see more about the collapse, and the doctor girl is amazing.
Also I absolutely adore the ED. Not as good as first ED of course but that's like one of the best EDs ever so lmAO. This one's really good though, I love how stylish and colorful it is.

Houseki no Kuni ep2

You know despite the cg, I am really digging this show so far. The world is really intriguing and mysterious, the characters are interesting, and the enemies look super cool -- really pretty but somehow terrifying. And despite looking all cute and sparkly on the surface, it really has a lot of dark undertones and they catch me off guard each time they pop up. I'm really curious where it's gonna go.

Jintor

pokemon sun and moon 43-44

man i'm actually super interested to see where they go with this cos this implementation of nebbie and the aether foundation is super interesting

Top Bottom