• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

zYJajri.jpg

Veelk

Banned
Which is actual canon for you, as we all know. Oh man, what a discussion that was.

Of course, the best canon is that LoK isn't canon at all.

Which is actual canon for you, as we all know. Oh man, what a discussion that was.

Of course, the best canon is that LoK isn't canon at all.

season one may have failed at parts (okay, many parts), but at least it didn't introduce any egregious retcons like raava, bad gaang parenting, etc etc.

As a standalone entity I don't think it was too offensive.

Toa TAK

Banned
season one may have failed at parts (okay, many parts), but at least it didn't introduce any egregious retcons like raava, bad gaang parenting, etc etc.

As a standalone entity I don't think it was too offensive.

That was the most interesting part of Season 2.

Veelk

Banned
Book 1 had an acceptable amount of suck until the finale. It is at the point where Korra gained airbending and the avatar state and energy bending basically for no reason that the series irrevocably damaged. Before then, things weren't great, but there was room to work with, but season by season, the only acceptable one is 3, and even it lacks.

Honestly, now that I think about it, I think Asami was at her most awesome in season 1 too. She had her own arc that wasn't even directly tied with Korra being the avatar. Then she got kind of shafted for the rest of the seasons outside an odd moment here or two.

Why is your ass frozen? You live in California. Book 4 was good till the mid point then it fell apart until operation beifong. Then they just ruined the villain.

Rather, they didn't even fucking bother developing the villian.

Instead they spent time in season 3 giving Kai screen time

Liam-Neeson-Why.gif

Hamlet

I wouldn't really call Book 4 a turd. It's still a good season despite some issues. I sorta agree with Jaded that after the second episode it takes a hit pacing wise at times but it's still got a lot of good stuff in it and it's nowhere near turd worthy. Battle Of Zaofu, Reunion and Beyond The Wilds are all still good episodes.
We finally get see Toph in her old age glory even if it is a tad fanservicy at times heh and one of the best unexpected pair ups with Bolin and Varrick prove to be a ton of fun, shame it was so brief and also Korra and her struggles with PTSD. It would have been nice if they developed Kuvira a tad more but it still works I suppose.
Also Book 2 still has a lot of good stuff in the second half even if the season as a whole is pretty uneven.
I agree with that gif. It's when Amon was angered that his opponent spoke and revealed a truth that he doesn't want the larger population to hear. Very apropos.
tumblr_n14gnuXiUV1rjby8lo1_500.gif

Jacob

The best (dumbest) part of the Amon reveal in the Book 1 finale is how having his makeup wash off also made his eyebrows and half of his upper lip spontaneously regenerate.

84CSE51.png

The best (dumbest) part of the Amon reveal in the Book 1 finale is how having his makeup wash off also made his eyebrows and half of his upper lip spontaneously regenerate.

84CSE51.png

I noticed this, too, but I just figured he tucked in his upper lip with his fingers something lol.

Veelk

Banned
As bullshit as everything else was, it would have actually been cooler if Noatak had actually burned his own face to keep up the charade.

Jacob

As bullshit as everything else was, it would have actually been cooler if Noatak had actually burned his own face to keep up the charade.

Seriously. This was my thought when they showed his face and the makeup reveal was both nonsensical and lazy. But it was in keeping with the notion that the Equalists had merely been tricked, leading the insurrection to end as soon as Amon was exposed.

I still like the idea of Amon being genuine and still having the willpower/determination/charisma to be able to lead the equalists in their revolution even after being outed as a waterbender. The scars have to be legit though

Veelk

Banned
Nothing to indicate that he is though. If he did believe it, they must not have been strongly held convictions if he dropped them at the first mark of inconvenience he had with the people he was fighting for.

I don't actually believe that he was. I'm saying it would have been cool as a different way of handling things.

I can't even remember it well, but was any part of "Amon's" backstory actually legit? Did his parents die to firebenders? (at least I think that's what he claimed)

Veelk

Banned
No, his dad was a bloodbender who abused him into running away, and his mom was just kinda in the background. They might still be alive for all we know.

I mean, we both simp Kuvira.
Think Lin is the superior sibling. (Aka Su ain't shit)
Ship Korvira, threw the canon ship in the bushes.
Have lots in common outside of fandom stuff.
And we somehow fell in love along the way.

Thank you based Kuvira for giving me something good throughout all this struggle I'm going through

I mean, we both simp Kuvira.
Think Lin is the superior sibling. (Aka Su ain't shit)
Ship Korvira, threw the canon ship in the bushes.
Have lots in common outside of fandom stuff.
And we somehow fell in love along the way.

Thank you based Kuvira for giving me something good throughout all this struggle I'm going through
Korvira is love, Korvira is life bruv. What has Korrasami done for you? Fucking nothing that's what.

Korvira gave me a relationship

Korrasami just cluttered my tumblr dash
Your dash was probably cluttered with fanart with a relationship where two women don't even know how to trib properly. I still don't get the chemistry in that relationship or friendship for that matter. In real life Korra and Asami would've fought out in the street over Mako and Bolin would've had to separate the two of them while they had fistfuls of each others hair in their hands.

Your dash was probably cluttered with fanart with a relationship where two women don't even know how to trib properly. I still don't get the chemistry in that relationship or friendship for that matter. In real life Korra and Asami would've fought out in the street over Mako and Bolin would've had to separate the two of them while they had fistfuls of each others hair in their hands.

I detect no lies here

Top Bottom