• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Finally, the twins gets some merchandising:

xqqaybuujg0g1sgeoiui.png

Blader

They've told us that Banner has a hand in designing the Vision, so if he does get shot into space it's going to be really late in the film, I think - and the Hulkbuster fight is pretty clearly something toward the beginning or midpoint of the film, not part of the climax.

Doesn't Ultron create Vision though?

I don't think Vision is meant to be a late-game character. They probably wouldn't be marketing him as much if he was.

I don't necessarily believe that a) that means Ultron
is actually defeated
, or b)
Ultron being defeated is the climax of the film
, so yeah

(I shouldn't have read that)

Wazzy

Banned
I'm surprised I don't care about the spoiler. I thought it would be something bigger than that.

Still, anyone wanting to go in spoiler free, avoid reading this spoiler.

I'm surprised I don't care about the spoiler. I thought it would be something bigger than that.

Still, anyone wanting to go in spoiler free, avoid reading this spoiler.

I mean with Hank not being in the movie, Vision is one of the obvious choices to deliver the final blow so it really isn't a HUGE spoiler. But I can see it being a really annoying spoiler for someone not familiar with the characters or people just trying to avoid it.

And yeah definitely avoid the spoiler if you want to stay as fresh as possible. It was stupid to just post it in the thread without hiding it behind a link at first.

In the most recent adaptation of the arc, which was in Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes,
Vision killed Ultron.

Doesn't Ultron create Vision though?

I don't think Vision is meant to be a late-game character. They probably wouldn't be marketing him as much if he was.

Ultron creates Vision in the comics, sure, but there's been an official note about his character saying that Banner and Stark create him, in the same place that it was mentioned that MCU Ultron is built from Chitauri technology (or something like that).

And of course they'll market the shit out of everything and everyone. Action figure sales trump basically everything because they make so much money.

Wazzy

Banned
I mean with Hank not being in the movie, Vision is one of the obvious choices to deliver the final blow. I can see it being a really annoying spoiler for someone not familiar with the characters or people just trying to avoid it.

And yeah definitely avoid the spoiler if you want to stay as fresh as possible. It was stupid to just post it in the thread without hiding it behind a link at first.

Yeah. I think I was expecting
Black Panther to do it
which would be so random but I would totally be perma *o*

Ultron creates Vision in the comics, sure, but there's been an official note about his character saying that Banner and Stark create him, in the same place that it was mentioned that MCU Ultron is built from Chitauri technology (or something like that).

And of course they'll market the shit out of everything and everyone. Action figure sales trump basically everything because they make so much money.

They build the shell/suit or the program inside it?

I was under the impression
they dump Jarvis into some kind of shell

They build the shell/suit or the program inside it?

I was under the impression
they dump Jarvis into some kind of shell

I'm just speculating but I dunno if I can see it being that straightforward. Tony and Bruce create Ultron which turns bad, then they're just like "ok let's try again and make another superpowered robot."

If I had to guess, maybe Ultron tries to "free" JARVIS by corrupting him or something, and Tony and Bruce are able to stop it by giving him a body and making him self aware? I dunno. Either way I'm curious to see how it's going to play out because it's probably gonna be very different from the comic origin.

LaNaranja

Welp thanks for not spoiling it in here guys, and thanks for the heads up as to what it spoils. Looks like I am done with these threads now. Bye bye!

What if it's Jarvis in the Hulkbuster and not Tony?

Pretty sure the Hulkbuster scene comes at or before the halfway point of the film and Vision's gonna be a third-act development.

More importantly, we've seen Tony's face inside the IM armor inside the Hulkbuster in trailer and screen caps, IIRC.

I don't even remember who the Abomination is? And Zola is the guy turned advanced AI right?

Abomination is Emil Blonsky from The Incredible Hulk - the subject of an unethical attempt to reverse-engineer Dr. Abram Erskine's super-soldier serum/treatment from Captain America: The First Avenger who then also injected himself with some of Bruce Banner's blood. He's basically completely insane and stronger than the Hulk's base level of strength (though the Hulk, if sufficiently angry, can become stronger).

And yeah, Zola is a HYDRA scientist first seen in Captain America: The First Avenger who 'defected' to SHIELD but ended up helping HYDRA infiltrate it after the war. He digitized himself as an AI in order to live on after his body's death. His computer banks were blown up in Captain America: The Winter Soldier but he's likely able to return, since he's essentially a digital being and not a physical one.

Pachimari

Wow I thought Emil Blonsky would be long gone. Seems we will see some of the Hulk people return.

I can't wait to see Red Skull again. Wonder when they'll bring him back though.

And yeah I totally remember Zola and Abomination now. Thanks for reminding me. I think I last saw The Incredible Hulk back in December actually.

Wow I thought Emil Blonsky would be long gone. Seems we will see some of the Hulk people return.

I can't wait to see Red Skull again. Wonder when they'll bring him back though.

It's not strictly certain that Abomination will ever come back. It's just that he COULD come back if Marvel wants him to. IIRC he's said to be currently frozen in an Antarctic SHIELD facility.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Abomination is Emil Blonsky from The Incredible Hulk - the subject of an unethical attempt to reverse-engineer Dr. Abram Erskine's super-soldier serum/treatment from Captain America: The First Avenger who then also injected himself with some of Bruce Banner's blood. He's basically completely insane and stronger than the Hulk's base level of strength (though the Hulk, if sufficiently angry, can become stronger).

And yeah, Zola is a HYDRA scientist first seen in Captain America: The First Avenger who 'defected' to SHIELD but ended up helping HYDRA infiltrate it after the war. He digitized himself as an AI in order to live on after his body's death. His computer banks were blown up in Captain America: The Winter Soldier but he's likely able to return, since he's essentially a digital being and not a physical one.

I can imagine he backed himself up in the Cloud.

Pachimari

It's not strictly certain that Abomination will ever come back. It's just that he COULD come back if Marvel wants him to. IIRC he's said to be currently frozen in an Antarctic SHIELD facility.
Was this mentioned in the Hulk movie? I might have missed it.

I also didn't know The First Avenger and Abomination had such a connection in the MCU.

Very interesting.

Was this mentioned in the Hulk movie? I might have missed it.

I also didn't know The First Avenger and Abomination had such a connection in the MCU.

Very interesting.

The earlier drafts of Marvel Phase 1 had all of that stuff really closely tied together, yeah (like IIRC there was going to be some rivalry between Tony and Steve in the original Avengers drafts because of Tony's daddy issues and Steve's close friendship with Howard Stark, and original drafts of Avengers had Hydra/Red Skull working with Loki instead of the Chitauri). It's mentioned, yes.
I think that was mentioned in the The Consulant One Shot
It's also reconfirmed on Agents of SHIELD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom