• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

If anyone dies, it'll probably be Fury.

edit: or now that I think about it, Rhodey is another good possibility.

I doubt it would be either of them because they wouldn't be involved in the plot enough (or maybe not at all in Rhodey's case) to make a possible death impactful for the audience.

Edit: But then again there was Coulson's "death" in Avengers...

Wilbur

Banned
They should definitely kill off Hawkeye, because he's the least essential part of the team.

I thought that if Thanos was going to be introduced in this one, Stark should have died at the end giving them real motivation to go after him in the third one. My biggest problem with Avengers is the lack of danger for everyone involved.

Some of the other Marvel films - IM1 with Stark just going through the Ten Rings terrorists at the start, in Cap a bunch of people get vaporised, in IM3 there's the people getting bombed in Extremis - have a discernible level of danger that the Avengers missed. You don't see any civilians die, you aren't told numbers of the lost, the only people that die are Coulson and a bunch of aliens, and Coulson fucking comes back!

oh and that bloke who gets his eye sucked out

At the end of Avengers, there was a big memorial with pictures of all the people who died in the battle of Manhattan.

They just didn't show it on screen because PG-13.

Gartooth

They should definitely kill off Hawkeye, because he's the least essential part of the team.

I thought that if Thanos was going to be introduced in this one, Stark should have died at the end giving them real motivation to go after him in the third one. My biggest problem with Avengers is the lack of danger for everyone involved.

Some of the other Marvel films - IM1 with Stark just going through the Ten Rings terrorists at the start, in Cap a bunch of people get vaporised, in IM3 there's the people getting bombed in Extremis - have a discernible level of danger that the Avengers missed. You don't see any civilians die, you aren't told numbers of the lost, the only people that die are Coulson and a bunch of aliens, and Coulson fucking comes back!

oh and that bloke who gets his eye sucked out

I don't think Iron Man is anyone we should worry about given the fakeout "death" they tried to pull in the first Avengers. (which everyone knew was a lie given IM3 was coming)

I agree the stakes need to be raised, but I hate that Hawkeye is the default choice for it. He is the most expendable cast member, and I don't like the idea of just having him die for the sake of a death in the movie because of that. Unless he is built up incredibly well in Avengers 2, it just seems like people wouldn't care as much as they would for literally any other cast member. Hell Fury and Coulson are more involved in the MCU than Hawkeye who so far only had a minimal role in the first Avengers film and a cameo in Thor. If he was to die, I think it would be more effective in Avengers 3 after he got some needed development in Age of Ultron.

BLACKLAC

No one is going to die. Stakes being raised is Ultron laying waste around the globe and Avengers getting whipped.

Now when they meet up with Thanos....

Lemonz

Xe2WaN7.jpg

HeySeuss

I don't understand the fascination with watching heroes die. I prefer watching villains lose.

There's just something about having a hero die that makes the audience more invested in the final outcome. People identify with different heroes. Having the threat of anybody could die ups the tension and draws people in. We all know the villain will be defeated in the end, it's the road to getting there that is what's important.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Man, Best Olsen is looking great. That Scarlet Witch is just perfect.

Please, nobody post that picture ever again.
I dunno, having some proof that X-Men and Doctor Who are linked is interesting.

If its true that Hawkeye and Hulk will play big roles in Avengers 2, I could see either of them being the one to bite the dust. There's no way that Marvel would let Whedon kill one of the big 3, (IM, Cap, Thor) Black Widow is safe given that she is one of the few female characters, and Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch won't be introduced just to end up dead in their debut. Logic would make me think Hawkeye would be the unlucky sap, but for all we know Whedon could surprise by killing Hulk. Then again, I'm not sure Marvel would agree to that decision given how he has the potential to be a big moneymaker in the future.

I think a good candidate for dying would be Banner. Have him get finished off.
Of course the HULK will come out, and the problem now is that they HULK can't calm down because Banner is dead, so he not only stomps Ultron, but becomes a problem for the rest of the Avengers too.

This leads to him being launched into space and him getting a Phase 3 movie (Planet Hulk?) where Banner is ultimately revived (he was in Hulk's head the entire time and now can consciously be Banner Hulk or just Banner) and GotG 2 brings him back to Earth just in time for Avengers 3.

jmood88

If its true that Hawkeye and Hulk will play big roles in Avengers 2, I could see either of them being the one to bite the dust. There's no way that Marvel would let Whedon kill one of the big 3, (IM, Cap, Thor) Black Widow is safe given that she is one of the few female characters, and Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch won't be introduced just to end up dead in their debut. Logic would make me think Hawkeye would be the unlucky sap, but for all we know Whedon could surprise by killing Hulk. Then again, I'm not sure Marvel would agree to that decision given how he has the potential to be a big moneymaker in the future.

There is absolutely no way that Hulk will be killed.

z58z.jpg

I can't stop laughing at this picture.

Symphonic

I could see Hawkeye being killed. Wouldn't really matter to me, he's the most boring character out of everyone.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Speaking strictly as a non-comics reader but someone who enjoys most of the Marvel movies, these new characters/villains all look pretty lousy. Ultron is one thing since he'll be mostly cgi in the end, but yikes at these other two.

Looking at the Ultron suit I can't help but hear Marvin the Martian in my head. Maybe it's the slighty camp body language or top heavy physical costume.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Speaking strictly as a non-comics reader but someone who enjoys most of the Marvel movies, these new characters/villains all look pretty lousy. Ultron is one thing since he'll be mostly cgi in the end, but yikes at these other two.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are cool. Check out House of M. Ultron is also a bad motherfucker. Don't let random production shots dampen your hype.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I said in another thread. Warner/DC really need its own Kevin Feige.

I know a lot of people think it would be cool for Sony or Fox to work out some deal with Marvel for some Spider-Man or X-Men team-up, it would be even better to do a JLA/Avengers film and they could just go ahead and have Kevin Feige produce it and cast the whole Justice League for them.

It would never of course happen but I like the DC characters way more than the marvel ones and it gets so exhausting seeing them get constantly kicked in the nuts by WB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom