• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I wonder how they are going to do Vision. I've never been a fan of how he looks, but that's comics anyway.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I wonder how they are going to do Vision. I've never been a fan of how he looks, but that's comics anyway.

Ultimate_Vision_Vol_1_1.jpg

At some point to be voiced by Paul Bettany.

1.) Ultron's head sucks. Most likely he changes his body like he always does but I wouldn't be surprised if we only get his classic helmet in the 3rd act or some "battle mode" bs if at all.

2.) Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch look great. The facial hair on Quicksilver is a bit strange as is the decision to give him a mop of hair but w.e. Olsen could use a bandanna or something red for her head but I have no doubt they'll also get a costume change if they show up in the finale.

overcast

Olsen looks perfect as Scarlet, my gawd. Would prefer short white hair on Quicksilver, but he's alright.

I'm really hyped.

DieH@rd

Banned
Is that confirmed to be Ultron? It could be some henchmen of his, leader of the robot army or smth.

I expect them to use more traditional helmet design for Ultron.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Is that confirmed to be Ultron? It could be some henchmen of his, leader of the robot army or smth.

I expect them to use more traditional helmet design for Ultron.
Too soon to know, they could follow the way he acts in some of the comics where there's a main Ultron with a bunch of copies around fighting for him.

But the picture makes me believe for the moment it will be only Ultron wrecking shit and calling people "meat bags".

Too soon to know, they could follow the way he acts in some of the comics where there's a main Ultron with a bunch of copies around fighting for him.

But the picture makes me believe for the moment it will be only Ultron wrecking shit and calling people "meat bags".

In the Quicksilver concept art work it looked like he was running through someUltron copies with a black color scheme. They where all conveniently facing away/ head out of frame so it's hard to say for sure if they where Ultron bots but it looks like it.

During an Q&A with Variety, Robert Downey Jr. discussed the perks and disadvantages of playing Marvel's Iron Man, recalled urging Chris Evans to play Captain America, and also praised The Avengers: Age of Ultron script. “There was so much riding on (playing the part of) what essentially could be considered the squarest superhero in history,” said Downey of why he, too, urged the hesitant Evans to play Steve Rogers. “It was probably the most risky of the franchises we launched. I say ‘we,’ like I’m a company man, which I like to think I am. By the way, I’m a fan of his.” He continued, “I’m not kidding. I’m having 50 kids over and I’m screening Captain America 2 on my birthday, which happens to be the day it opens. I haven’t seen it. That’s one of the perks of being on the inside track at Marvel. I hope it’s not watermarked too heavily.”

When asked how many more Marvel Cinematic Universe ventures does he think there will be, Robert Downey Jr. said: “The smart money is you have to look at everybody’s age. I’ll put myself at the top of the list. Sooner or later, they've got to start over and get somebody young. I’m not there with them yet. It really is the closest thing to being a beloved contract player with a big old-timey studio that there is right now. When you really think about it at the end of the day, these films are entertainment largely driven by young folks. There is something very honorable about that. I run into kids wearing ‘Captain America' masks. My kid believes that Captain America is real." On the downside of playing a superhero, the actor said, “It’s kind of like having a really cool TV job. They are always hoping they don’t get picked up for another season; or they are wondering if they’re going to get picked up for another season; or they have done so many seasons, and they are already sick of doing the show, but the show is so big, it’s working well for them. Any of those three things is better than calling your agent and saying, ‘Hey, anything going on? It’s pilot season.’ ”

As for The Avengers sequel, Downey declared: “This one is a very ambitious sequel. If you read it, it’s dense, it’s smart. Joss [Whedon] is a really smart guy. My 2-year-old is crazy about Hawkeye, and I think Jeremy [Renner] has a lot to do with the plot. There’s always so many plates to spin to get these things half-right, and I’m really excited about this one.”

.GqueB.

Banned
Robert Downey Jr. on Avengers: Age of Ultron

“This one is a very ambitious sequel. If you read it, it’s dense, it’s smart. Joss [Whedon] is a really smart guy. My 2-year-old is crazy about Hawkeye, and I think Jeremy [Renner] has a lot to do with the plot. There’s always so many plates to spin to get these things half-right, and I’m really excited about this one.”
Hearing that Hawkeye is going to be a bit of a focus makes me worried. I don't like that character at all. But I trust in Whedon.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I personally don't have any kind of need to see one of the heroes die, but then again I'm not 13 anymore and "omg so dark, so edgy" doesn't hold much sway over me. Iron Man's "death" in Avengers worked just fine, because it's not about the fact that he died or didn't die, but the fact that he was willing to die.

Quicksilver doesn't look bad, but I can't help but think he looks like a Hunger Games 2 tribute.

Someone should photoshop the Ultron pics adding glowing bits, etc.

.GqueB.

Banned
Better than Black Widow.
I disagree. Hawkeye just brought nothing to the table. Actor had no personality. He was written in a rather boring fashion. I may get shit for this but I think Ryan Reynolds may have been better for that role. He would've at least added something to it.

mjc

So it's safe to assume that Tony just has one tricked out suit now right? At least they won't have to worry about Ultron hacking into JARVIS's systems to hijack the hall of armor anymore.

that ironman is 100% identical with the ironman 3 suit, just with some switched paint job. are you sure this is avenger 2 design or they just use them for placeholder anyway

.GqueB.

Banned
Thank god there's more red on it. The nearly all gold isn't a nice look.
That gold suit needs to go away. It doesn't seem real. In IM3, I was waiting the entire movie for the actual suit to show up. That one felt like an "in between" armor.

I disagree. Hawkeye just brought nothing to the table. Actor had no personality. He was written in a rather boring fashion. I may get shit for this but I think Ryan Reynolds may have been better for that role. He would've at least added something to it.

have you seen Renner in America Hustle? He was unusually very charismatic in that role, and made me change my opinion of him.

Khezu

Wait, can Tony still control the MK42 with his mind? I can't remember if he removed that from his body or not.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
That gold suit needs to go away. It doesn't seem real. In IM3, I was waiting the entire movie for the actual suit to show up. That one felt like an "in between" armor.

I think that was the whole point. Tony was not in the right state of mind when he created all those armors in IM3.

JCreasy

I really like Scarlet Witch's character design for this movie. I think they did a great job rethinking it for live-action.

Hystzen

Renner can nail fun Hawkeguy just he literately had nothing to do in first film or any his appearances so far really. I rather take hawkeye focus for avengers 2 then black widow again then in avengers 3 focus more on Maria hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom