• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

Where's MK44?

3vKJqc7.gif

I grant you that TDK and specially BB were great, rises? Not even once.

tumblr_mg9cgl7M3t1qexqmio13_r1_250.gif

Well then.

I honestly loved The Dark Knight Rises. With all of its flaws, I thought the characters were played perfectly and it was fun in a different way than either of the previous Nolan Bats movies but not in too campy of a way like in the Marvel movies. It had a soul that I don't think enough people appreciate.

TimFL

I'm actually really disappointed if the new suits are just slightly modified Mk42 suits. I totally expected something new and amazing after the IM3 events because clean slate and all.

Maybe there are a few surprises in store for us... atleast there is the Hulkbuster suit/armor.

Corran

Neo Member
You gotta remember Tony used his Mk6 for most of the Avengers so it isn't that surprising that he would use a non prototype version of the Mk42 for most of this one. The Lego mk45 looks like it will be a departure at least, well the helmet definitely does :p

J10

Banned
Yeah, the Iron Man redesign seems relatively safe. I was hoping for something a little more out-there like the Guardians armor or something like the black and gold one from his 2013 series.

Akahige

Yeah, the Iron Man redesign seems relatively safe. I was hoping for something a little more out-there like the Guardians armor or something like the black and gold one from his 2013 series.
Yes the Guardian's armor is sexy as fuck but he has to look like Iron Man to the viewers I guess so we won't get anything too different.

As excited as I am about that, and also based on the images what it might mean,
classic Ultron face possibly
, just remember this from another LEGO set:

76008_alt1.jpg

yes but we have seen photos of this and it was speculated
to be an "officer" type drone but that image proves its actually another main form (by way of the officer drone being lit blue).

It might be another IM3 lego dealio but I doubt it.

As excited as I am about that, and also based on the images what it might mean,
classic Ultron face possibly
, just remember this from another LEGO set:

76008_alt1.jpg

But both of those minifigures did appear in Iron Man 3. LEGO haven't made a figure for the movie lines that hasn't appeared in the film in some way.

That's definitely an appropriate length given all that's gonna be packed in this film.

The Hydra base, The Twins, Ultron's rise and fall, Widow's backstory, Stark's failure and growing rivalry with Cap, the possible Wakanda connection, Dr. Cho, Thanos, Vision, Fury, and whatever the Hulk and Thor have going on.
Where is Hawkguy? :/

Ovek

7Member7
Oh jesus fuck I have to buy them all.

They all look so amazing and full of personality.

Where does one usually buy individual lego characters such as these?...

BrickLink, it will take awhile for the prices to come down for individual minifigs though.

tomtom94

I just remembered that they somehow have to bring Tony Stark out of retirement early on in the movie after that Iron Man 3 ending.

Yeah, I'm starting to see why 2 hours 40 minutes is a good length.

E the Shaggy

Is Thanos supposed to be in the movie?

I really need to go on media blackout before its too late.

I don't think so, seems like it would be tough to work him in, though
Loki and Heimdall are apparently making appearances and I don't know how the hell that's happening
so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom