• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Another shot of Vision's face, from a Toys R Us display.
m8oXk9v.jpg

J10

Banned
I disagree. I would not mind it at all if they never show a second of Vision footage before the movie comes out.

rexor0717

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a trailer, but just having no clue how he is going to be will be a nice change of pace from usual movie advertising.

I want the Vision's powers to be genuinely really bizarre and almost uncomfortably alien, honestly. He should feel like a borderline incomprehensible superweapon.

Awesome. I need a trailer with him in action. There is too much promotional art created for them to keep him a surprise. They have to be planning part of their marketing campaign around him. And I love it.

The Average joe literally has ZERO idea that the Vision is in the movie.

Marvel is purposefully keeping him out of the eye.

Soon we should change any Age of Ultron thread title to say "Spoilers! Vision is in this!"

Also, if they wanted him a secret they wouldn't have done a press release on the casting, nor would you have Bettany talking about it in interviews.

Soon we should change any Age of Ultron thread title to say "Spoilers! Vision is in this!"

Also, if they wanted him a secret they wouldn't have done a press release on the casting, nor would you have Bettany talking about it in interviews.

But the average moviegoer doesn't pay attention to those things.

LosDaddie

Banned

More accurately, the average movie goer has zero idea who Vision is, let alone that he's in the movie. But yes, you are correct that he's being kept a secret to anyone not following the movie closely

But the average moviegoer doesn't pay attention to those things.

Bettany was on Kimmel or something talking about it. The average moviegoer does watch that. But...
More accurately, the average movie goer has zero idea who Vision is, let alone that he's in the movie. But yes, you are correct that he's being kept a secret to anyone not following the movie closely
This is more accurate. Even if they aren't keeping Vision a secret, the average moviegoer has no clue who the character is, even if they talk him up.

All they need to do for advertising him is show a scene of him talking and people will be curious as to why JARVIS's voice is coming out of the weird looking dude.

dankir

So vision appears at the end of the movie and has a spectacular battle scene with Ultron.

Something unique and captivating like Quick Silvers scene in DOFP.

Marvelous. I hope that fight lives up to expectations. I want hulk to either pry him out of the suit or kick him across the continent

It will.

I'm just soooooo happy that Marvel is leaving a lot of the money shots close to home.

Whoever thought putting the "Hulk Catching Iron Man" into the Avengers trailer should be fired.

LaNaranja

They probably felt they needed to show one more thing to convince the people on the fence. They also didn't tease Hulk vs Thor at all. Showing the slow motion shot of Hulk getting smacked by mjolnir would have made people go crazy.

dankir

Why would be upset about that? It would make no sense for him to just appear out of nowhere at the end of the movie and kill Ultron.

:S Not everybody read that casting sheet, you should spoiler that.

I was hoping Vision would be like Tony's House Party Protocol trump card.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How is that considered a spoiler? Is that really going to ruin the movie for you? Some people are ridiculous.

jmood88

:S Not everybody read that casting sheet, you should spoiler that.

I was hoping Vision would be like Tony's House Party Protocol trump card.
I wasn't talking about a casting sheet, I as referring to what you said, I just misremembered "battle scene" as killing Ultron. Anyway, ending the movie with Vision magically showing up would be incredibly dumb.

They probably felt they needed to show one more thing to convince the people on the fence. They also didn't tease Hulk vs Thor at all. Showing the slow motion shot of Hulk getting smacked by mjolnir would have made people go crazy.

They did start using that after the movie came out, for those "See the Smash Hit...." ads.

NotLiquid

I've been thinking that the biggest twist the movie could possibly have would be if Hulkbuster was actually useful in subduing Bruce.

DeathyBoy

Banned
The film needs to end with Nick Fury gangland executing Ultron with that destroyer gun from The Avengers.

ULTRON: Humans... show mercy.
NICK FURY: I'm a life model decoy mother...

BANG.

Then reveal Nick Fury is actually a robot that Howard Stark made in a condo with a bunch of scraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom