• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, objections aside I'm aiming to post the OT and Spoiler thread next weekend before the world premiere (between the 10th and 13th). It's about time we settled on a thread title.

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| "There are no strings on me." was what a few people were settled on in October when the teaser trailer came out. I'm sure there are more opinions now. A spoiler thread title would be nice, too.

Alternatively, a simple title looks pretty good, too.

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT|
Avengers: Age of Ultron |Spoiler Thread|

Simple is better.

jmood88

It's interesting to note that the IMDB and the movie poster bills Don Cheadle ahead of Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

I can only guess that Rhodes has a bigger role than Pepper from The Avengers.
Don Cheadle should always have his name above those two, anyway.

Pachimari

I still don't understand the bloodlust people have with these movies. Why does someone HAVE to die?
Actually you're right. He don't have to die, I were too quick on that one. I just want him to have a cooler suit. I really don't like the one from Iron Man 2.

Also, Don't Cheedle looks more like a buttler type to me, than an actual super hero.

And also to the other poster, it have nothing to do with race.

whipihguh

Banned
Actually you're right. He don't have to die, I were too quick on that one. I just want him to have a cooler suit. I really don't like the one from Iron Man 2.
You mean the Iron Man 3 suit? Cause that's basically what he's wearing now if the toys are anything to go by.

Then again, the gauntlet he was wearing in the trailer looked like it was part of a new suit...

jmood88

I still don't understand the bloodlust people have with these movies. Why does someone HAVE to die?
It's especially dumb following Winter Soldier. I knew that Captain America was going to survive no matter what but they still did a great job of making you feel the tension and allow for the possibility that he was in real danger.

Also, Don't Cheedle looks more like a buttler type to me, than an actual super hero.

How in the world does he look like a butler?

Quick

Banned

Hmm...

Platy

So, objections aside I'm aiming to post the OT and Spoiler thread next weekend before the world premiere (between the 10th and 13th). It's about time we settled on a thread title.

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| "There are no strings on me." was what a few people were settled on in October when the teaser trailer came out. I'm sure there are more opinions now. A spoiler thread title would be nice, too.

Alternatively, a simple title looks pretty good, too.

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT|
Avengers: Age of Ultron |Spoiler Thread|

Maybe go for a totaly random pinocchio quote ?

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| Am I a real boy?

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| When You Wish Upon a Starlord

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| A boy who won't be good might just as well be made of metal.

Pachimari

It's especially dumb following Winter Soldier. I knew that Captain America was going to survive no matter what but they still did a great job of making you feel the tension and allow for the possibility that he was in real danger.

How in the world does he look like a butler?

Yeah I don't know, it's just my imagination going wild hah.

I just wish he had a slick suit, and looked as bad ass as Falcon really. Which is also why, I wanna see more of Falcon, probably because War Machine's powers are kind of similar to Iron Man.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

....wtf is a butler type?

MASSA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

later for that noise though Cheadle been putting in work since I was in middle school probably before. He's that hustle and become the the boss type.

Pachimari

I guess it is the way he plays his role. He very much feels like a side kick which he is but he just never felt very superhero like to me for some reason. Maybe because he doesn't have as much screen time, yet I think Falcon is super cool.

LaNaranja

I guess it is the way he plays his role. He very much feels like a side kick which he is but he just never felt very superhero like to me for some reason. Maybe because he doesn't have as much screen time, yet I think Falcon is super cool.

I definitely think that he hasn't had enough screen time. If you look at the deleted scenes for Iron Man 3, most of them are about Rhodey and the way the people and the media have reacted to his change from War Machine to Iron Patriot. He is clearly supposed to be a big deal in the MCU, I mean he is America's official superhero. He just hasn't been given enough screen time.

That said he didn't seem like a sidekick to me. In Iron Man 3 when he teams up with Stark it is only because they need to get to the same place. Rhodey was there to save the president while Stark was there to save Pepper. Once the president is safe he gets the fuck out of there because that was his mission. Falcon on the other hand is flat out just there to do whatever Captain America tells him to do. He seemed like way more of a sidekick than Rhodey.

FeD.nL

I really really hope we get more of that IM2 Rhodey/Tony team up goodness. I've said it before but the drone fight remains on of my favorite if not most favorite fights in the MCU. It just nailed the characters so much.

Pachimari

Oh how could I forget him as Iron Patriot. See, he were way cooler in Iron Man 3 than in Iron Man 2. But he needs to stay as Iron Patriot and not War Machine.

Neoxon

Oh how could I forget him as Iron Patriot. See, he were way cooler in Iron Man 3 than in Iron Man 2. But he needs to stay as Iron Patriot and not War Machine.
They're probably gonna save Iron Patriot for Norman Osborn now that he's back on the table. Besides, I prefer Rhodey as War Machine, anyway.

They're probably gonna save Iron Patriot for Norman Osborn now that he's back on the table. Besides, I prefer Rhodey as War Machine, anyway.
Holy shit, totally forgot they can use Spidey villains in the MCU now. How awesome would it be to see the Avengers respond to a Sinister Six attack like in the Ultimates?

Pachimari

I disagree, I mean seriously what's cooler than this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx2mhPEr7kA

But then again i'm one of those that rates IM2 higher than 3 because the highs are higher even though the lows are lower.
I don't know. He's just another Iron Man to me, and I'm one of those who loves Iron Man 2. Also I liked the actor playing War Machine (I don't remember his name) in Iron Man 1 - he just seemed cool. While the actor playing him now don't seem cool. And that's just what I feel, nothing wrong in that.

I really really hope we get more of that IM2 Rhodey/Tony team up goodness. I've said it before but the drone fight remains on of my favorite if not most favorite fights in the MCU. It just nailed the characters so much.
That's the last time Rhodey was even remotely interesting. It's a shame at how underused he is along with War Machine. Part of me wouldn't care if they killed him off at this point. They act as if he's unimportant. Also not that big of a fan of Don as Rhodey. Acting aside, I prefer Terrence since he actually had some chemistry with Robert.

Bring back War Machine Mark 1 as well.

FailingNippyAlligator.gif

17020943026_5f2be4875c_c.jpg

J10

Banned
On a slightly related note, a shot like this is what I was really missing during the finale of Iron Man 3. Having Tony/Rhodey fight alongside some of the Iron Legion could've easily made it one of the best sequences of phase 2 so far.

One of the biggest problems with part three was than Tony was hardly doing any fighting himself. Too much of it was his drones piloted remotely. Even the airplane scene wasn't actually him. It makes logical sense to not put himself in danger unless necessary, but then he storms the Mandarin compound with pepper spray and bubblegum. It's a stupid movie with stupid writing for the sake of keeping Downey's face as visible as possible at all times.

Quick

Banned
Maybe go for a totaly random pinocchio quote ?

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| Am I a real boy?

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| When You Wish Upon a Starlord

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| A boy who won't be good might just as well be made of metal.

Immediately thought of How It Should Have Ended's video for the Age of Ultron teaser.

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| A dream is a wish your heart makes

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| You've got a friend in me

eastx

I've said it before but the drone fight remains on of my favorite if not most favorite fights in the MCU.

I never thought I would see someone say that. That fight was not bad but somewhat anticlimactic with no real sense of danger. And then it led to the even worse and more anticlimactic Whiplash fight... barf.

Awesome video from Vsauce. Thanks for that.

fuckin spiderman time?

Louis D'Esposito on Twitter teasing that something cool is coming this week.

Marvel be toying with my emotions lately.

Vision, baby! Vision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom