• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pBvHsDw.jpg

kKCuzzE.gif

YES! Now just need the mouth area glowing red to complete the look.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Hawkeye:
We're fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow.

I love it when a movie echoes what the audience is thinking.

STILL NO TICKETS AVAILABLE IN THE NETHERLANDS, this things premieres in 2 weeks! So excited!

excited.gif

FeD.nL

I love it when a movie echoes what the audience is thinking.

STILL NO TICKETS AVAILABLE IN THE NETHERLANDS, this things premieres in 2 weeks! So excited!

excited.gif

Yup -.-'

Really expected them to be available by now since FF7 is out. But hopefully by wednesday than.

Sunset Prince

Neo Member
i don't know if its common knowledge or even the same case for other countries, but i just heard in a film podcast that german press gets to see the movie on the 14th. so i guess we can expect reviews/impressions around that time.

While the later Ultron's look amazing, that Mark I ultron looks fucking horrifying. I would not want that mangled thing coming after me.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.filmpolicereviews.com/who-are-the-avengers/

New character descriptions:

These in particular are interesting:

Bruce Banner/The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
is back and ready to be unleashed as The Avengers’ not-so-secret weapon. He has embraced the Hulk and is now an important part of the team, although surprising protocols have been put in place to make sure Hulk doesn’t ever get out of hand in a conflict. Banner worked alongside Tony Stark to develop the Ultron program as a peacekeeping initiative.

Thor (Chris Hemsworth).
The Asgardian God of Thunder returns as Earth’s sworn protector. More brash and powerful than ever, Thor serves as the moral compass for the team and continues his personal quest to find the identity of his brother’s secret ally while also warning his teammates of threats that are bigger than any of them can imagine.

Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson)
has the power of super-speed. He is fiercely protective of his twin sister Wanda and will do anything to defend his war-torn home of Sokovia. Along with his sister, he volunteered for a secret program and gained his speed through Baron Strucker’s experimentation with an unusual power source.

Ulysses Klaue (Andy Serkis)
is a black-market arms dealer, smuggler and gangster operating out of South Africa. He is a former acquaintance of Tony Stark’s from his weapons-dealing days and a powerful new player in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Dr. Helen Cho (Claudia Kim)
is a world-renowned geneticist and an ally of The Avengers. From her offices in Seoul, South Korea, to sharing workspace with Bruce Banner in his lab at Avengers Tower, Dr. Cho’s research and technology help keep The Avengers in the fight.

Neoxon

At least we know for sure that Dr. Cho is Amadeus' mom.
Though that most likely means that Helen is doomed to die, either in this movie or sometime in the future.

E the Shaggy

Thor (Chris Hemsworth).
The Asgardian God of Thunder returns as Earth’s sworn protector. More brash and powerful than ever, Thor serves as the moral compass for the team and continues his personal quest to find the identity of his brother’s secret ally while also warning his teammates of threats that are bigger than any of them can imagine.

Oooo interesting.

Man I hope the final thing Thor says is something like, "SURTUR IS UPON US!"

dabig2

At least we know for sure that Dr. Cho is Amadeus' mom.
Though that most likely means that Helen is doomed to die, either in this movie or sometime in the future.

Isn't claudia kim a little...young though? Unless they age her up a decade or go with the "got knocked up in sophomore year", I don't see how a teenage Amadeus Cho is viable.

that line about Thor made me think-does Thor
already know who Thanos is
, I wonder?

I'm sure he's heard things, the Asgardians know of many galactic species including the Kree, and if they're familiar with someone like The Collector, they probably know who Thanos is.

whipihguh

Banned
I'm still confused about the creator of Ultron in the MCU?

Was it Tony or was it the Chitauri

I think all we have to go on for now is a toy description where
The Avengers found the remnants of some sort of program in the ruins of New York after the Chitauri invasion, and Tony (with Banner's help) uses it to create Ultron. The wording isn't clear enough to distinguish if it was created/brought to Earth by the Chitauri, or if was just a human-made program hidden in New York that was uncovered after the invasion. As to who made the original program in that case, who knows. Probably Pym tho.

Neoxon

Isn't claudia kim a little...young though? Unless they age her up a decade or go with the "got knocked up in sophomore year", I don't see how a teenage Amadeus Cho is viable.
They could save Amadeus for later & mention him as a young child now.

I think all we have to go on for now is a toy description where
The Avengers found the remnants of some sort of program in the ruins of New York after the Chitauri invasion, and Tony (with Banner's help) uses it to create Ultron. The wording isn't clear enough to distinguish if it was created/brought to Earth by the Chitauri, or if was just a human-made program hidden in New York that was uncovered after the invasion. As to who made the original program in that case, who knows. Probably Pym tho.

so Tony just augmented the program to create Ultron..he didn't really create it outright

Be wary of spoilers.. I saw the Junior Novelization on sale in a store today. Not sure how accurate those things are, but there will probably be info that shouldn't out there circulating soon .

LaNaranja

I haven't been paying attention to this thread nor the toy aisles of stores recently so maybe this is old news but holy shit those Age of Ultron toys. I went to both Toys R Us and Target today and I was completely surprised by the shit ton of War Machine toys. There are just as many War Machine figures as the other main Avengers and more than Pietro and Wanda. I was expecting him to only have a small role appearing in the party scene and then disappearing for the rest of the film. It seems like he is going to have a bigger part. I haven't seen any Falcon toys at all.

Avixph

I haven't been paying attention to this thread nor the toy aisles of stores recently so maybe this is old news but holy shit those Age of Ultron toys. I went to both Toys R Us and Target today and I was completely surprised by the shit ton of War Machine toys. There are just as many War Machine figures as the other main Avengers and more than Pietro and Wanda. I was expecting him to only have a small role appearing in the party scene and then disappearing for the rest of the film. It seems like he is going to have a bigger part. I haven't seen any Falcon toys at all.

Why is he referred to as Marvel's War Machine?

whipihguh

Banned
Why is he referred to as Marvel's War Machine?

Yeah, that seemed a bit odd to me since we saw the first toy. The fact that it's Marvel's should be obvious, shouldn't it? Maybe it's some sort of copyright complication, kind of like how Marvel needed to rename The Avengers "Avengers Assemble" in the UK due to copyright concerns.

Maybe building up to a War Machine movie in Phase 4? :p

Yeah, that seemed a bit odd to me since we saw the first toy. The fact that it's Marvel's should be obvious, shouldn't it? Maybe it's some sort of copyright complication, kind of like how Marvel needed to rename The Avengers "Avengers Assemble" in the UK due to copyright concerns.

Maybe building up to a War Machine movie in Phase 4? :p

The way its phrased sounds more like copyright reasons. It happened with some Transformers toys such as Jazz who had to marketed on toyboxes as "Autobot Jazz".

Quick

Banned
So, objections aside I'm aiming to post the OT and Spoiler thread next weekend before the world premiere (between the 10th and 13th). It's about time we settled on a thread title.

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT| "There are no strings on me." was what a few people were settled on in October when the teaser trailer came out. I'm sure there are more opinions now. A spoiler thread title would be nice, too.

Alternatively, a simple title looks pretty good, too.

Avengers: Age of Ultron |OT|
Avengers: Age of Ultron |Spoiler Thread|

whipihguh

Banned
The way its phrased sounds more like copyright reasons. It happened with some Transformers toys such as Jazz who had to marketed on toyboxes as "Autobot Jazz".

That's probably it then. War Machine is a generic enough name that I wouldn't be surprised if it was copyrighted long ago by some other company.

Quick

Banned
It's interesting to note that the IMDB and the movie poster bills Don Cheadle ahead of Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

I can only guess that Rhodes has a bigger role than Pepper from The Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom