• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I saw this as moderate antagonism.

Seriously, all she did was lie to him and it was pissing him off in his repressed way. Banner was almost beating the Hulk transformation on the Helicarrier... and then Natasha started talking and that tipped him over the edge. And then the first person he went after was her. And it's not because she was just there, I'm pretty sure it's because he was just mad at her. I mean, Hulk tends to help people Banner likes and smash people Banner's pissed at.

I dunno everyone antagonized everyone in that damn movie. Until they all came together in the end, Tony was basically on everyone else's bad side. He fought with Thor, argued with Cap, and couldn't get Banner to take him seriously. Then at the end they're all buddy buddy.

I don't think it's a leap to think that their interactions in the first movie led to some further development in the years between Avengers and Age of Ultron.

J10

Banned
Haha. Come on. Do you also sleep with everyone you've carpooled with?

Is that the extent of their bonding? It's not like they saved the world together or anything. I'm sure all the Avengers are a lot closer after that.

So stupid that this is gonna turn into a ten page argument because people weren't paying attention.

She flirted with him when they first met.

"What if I say no?"

"I'll persuade you."

That's your evidence. Seriously?

She was on an assignment and wouldn't be able to take him by force. Her entire M.O. is deceit and getting people to do whatever she wants them to. It meant nothing to her, she would have done the same thing regardless of who she was taking in (as we saw in her intro scene where she was flirting with the guy beating her up).

By mid movie, she still thought of Banner as little more than a monster. Loki made a passing reference: "No, you brought the monster" and Natasha immediately leaped to the conclusion he meant Banner. Even though the entire conversation prior was clearly showing that Natasha is kinda a monster, given the things she's done in her past.

J10

Banned
That's your evidence. Seriously?

She was on an assignment and wouldn't be able to take him by force. Her entire M.O. is deceit and getting people to do whatever she wants them to. It meant nothing to her, she would have done the same thing regardless of who she was taking in (as we saw in her intro scene where she was flirting with the guy beating her up).

By mid movie, she still thought of Banner as little more than a monster. Loki made a passing reference: "No, you brought the monster" and Natasha immediately leaped to the conclusion he meant Banner. Even though the entire conversation prior was clearly showing that Natasha is kinda a monster, given the things she's done in her past.

You're obviously wrong since some of us actually saw the foreshadowing and now it's happening. LOL

dabig2

Don't know how I feel about this. Where's Betty? It's too bad we're not getting a solo Hulk as he has several loose threads out there with Betty, General Ross, The Leader, Abom (yeah, he's "locked up"), and the now established General Talbot running around.

Moderate antagonism as the basis of flirtatious attraction is a total Whedon move.

Usually, he does this as a slow build up, though. BuffyXSpike took five seasons to get going, for instance.

This just seems really abrupt. And if it's real, it's a very "telly" not "showy" move, which is very unlike Whedon. We also have the fact that in Cap 2 she mentioned often pretending to be things she's not. If LR was right about the beginning of the movie, I'd bet that they've got the wrong interpretation there. She's playing him. Maybe using the romance as an excuse to be around him to keep tabs on him or something. I mean, regardless however much control he might have here, he's still a weapon of mass destruction, sitting around in one of the most populated cities in America.

But I'm almost completely sure this isn't going to be played straight. And the team will probably be in a shambles by the end of the movie... this would probably be a good way to do it.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Supposedly, a university in Norwich is doubling for Avengers Tower (notice the A logo):

https://twitter.com/enjoynorwich/status/477344056679596032

3Srozil.jpg

MMoiGxE.jpg

gkCc6eU.jpg

DkRm9Jh.jpg

Whoah. I guess Tripp's gonna be a big deal in SHIELD season 2 if he's getting an Avengers cameo?

I hope so, I really like him in the show.

I'm also curious if they'll ever re-introduce Agent Coulson into the movies and interact once again with the Avengers team or if that'd be too much for the average movie-goer that they keep him designated only to the TV show and nothing more.

Dai101

Banned
I hope so, I really like him in the show.

I'm also curious if they'll ever re-introduce Agent Coulson into the movies and interact once again with the Avengers team or if that'd be too much for the average movie-goer that they keep him designated only to the TV show and nothing more.

I bet Trippsimmons are going to squee so hard when they meet Steve Fucking Rogers. Fitz will be @ home sad in his bed though.

2 black people? getting close to the rule of three. Better watch that.

Samuel L. Jackson (Fury), Anthony Mackie (Falcon) & BJ Britt (Agent Tripp) on set = 3 black people though.
Iron Patriot armor means that are pushing for 4
And if Black Panther shows up any point in time... well someone better call the police.

2 black people? getting close to the rule of three. Better watch that.

Avengers 3 might have to appear exclusively on HBO.

Samuel L. Jackson (Fury), Anthony Mackie (Falcon) & BJ Britt (Agent Tripp) on set = 3 black people though.
And if Black Panther shows up any point in time... well someone better call the police.
Y'all are terrible..lol.

HarryKS

That part in Thor 2 when Kat Dennings has to pretend Chris O'Dowd is a hunk or otherwise attractive man is one of the least believable things ever put on film.

It's not even a case of putting lipstick on a pig. He's just an ugly bloke.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

They already broke the rule of 3. Thats a certified gang

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
That is terrible news. How am I supposed to feel safe in the theater now?? And before anyone says anything, some of my best people I've casually nodded to while passing on the street are black!

Slayven

How are they going to Avenge the world when cops are constantly stopping them and asking Black Widow and Scarlet Witch "are these men bothering you"?

Famassu

That part in Thor 2 when Kat Dennings has to pretend Chris O'Dowd is a hunk or otherwise attractive man is one of the least believable things ever put on film.

Bleh with your overly judgmental crap. He's not ugly in any way. He's not the most handsome man on earth, he's just kind of a normal bloke. Not ugly, but not especially handsome either.

XAL

I think he's more towards the meh spectrum of looks, but he does have charm.

I lot of girls I know really liked him in Bridesmaids.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
See, I saw this as moderate antagonism.

Seriously, all she did was lie to him and it was pissing him off in his repressed way. Banner was almost beating the Hulk transformation on the Helicarrier... and then Natasha started talking and that tipped him over the edge. And then the first person he went after was her. And it's not because she was just there, I'm pretty sure it's because he was just mad at her. I mean, Hulk tends to help people Banner likes and smash people Banner's pissed at.

watch that scene again closely. She talks to him and he turns his head and you can read it in his eyes. If he could have said "Jesus girl i'm sorry but you gotta fuckin RUN now" any clearer without using words it would have been in writing on the screen.
Then he hulks out and runs after her sure.. guess what he doesn't do? Smash her. Smash her fuckin good and plenty. He bounces after basically knocking her aside like shes nothing - in the Hulk's world that's about as close to a loving hug as you can get.

They've kind of clearly set a line in the sand in this universe that when Banner Hulks out on purpose he has a fairly decent level of control. When he hulks out for any other reason ever? you need to just get the hell out of the way.
It's a miracle she made it out of that 1 on 1 encounter without getting literally eaten alive.

They gon smeng.

J10

Banned
watch that scene again closely. She talks to him and he turns his head and you can read it in his eyes. If he could have said "Jesus girl i'm sorry but you gotta fuckin RUN now" any clearer without using words it would have been in writing on the screen.
Then he hulks out and runs after her sure.. guess what he doesn't do? Smash her. Smash her fuckin good and plenty. He bounces after basically knocking her aside like shes nothing - in the Hulk's world that's about as close to a loving hug as you can get.

They've kind of clearly set a line in the sand in this universe that when Banner Hulks out on purpose he has a fairly decent level of control. When he hulks out for any other reason ever? you need to just get the hell out of the way.
It's a miracle she made it out of that 1 on 1 encounter without getting literally eaten alive.

They gon smeng.

This is not entirely accurate. He doesn't bounce after knocking her down. He was about to pounce on her when Thor tackled him through the wall. It's true though that that he did look sorry/concerned just before he turned, as did she when she whimpered his name. They gave each other extra long looks when then met up again in front of Grand Central Station.

Some people needed to see them fingering each other for this to be clear.

AMUSIX

Some people needed to see them fingering each other for this to be clear.
And now some account at deviant art has new material to draw. Thank you very much for that. You happy?

Sam already has the dehumanizing stare of a thousand black people. More than enough to bring a white man to his knees beg for black forgiveness
Also, just wanted to clarify that one for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom