• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
More photos on set featuring Chris Hemsworth:

chris-hemworth-on-the-film-set-of_4261158.jpg

chris-hemworth-on-the-film-set-of_4261154.jpg

chris-hemworth-on-the-film-set-of_4261147.jpg

chris-hemworth-on-the-film-set-of_4261145.jpg

Yeah
that "leak" seems pretty accurate from that alone, it said the first fight in the movie against Hydra would take place in a forest area.

Except it was essentially a no-brainer. I mean, they were filming in England and had some weird tanks over there. I'm pretty sure we knew this months ago.

benzy

Yep, been saying it since Avengers. I would love a special edition release with a second version of the movie that has all CG removed.

Just lots of costumed fools swinging at nothing:
igIoflJLECeP8.gif

How did the shield get thrown straight into Chris's arm with no spin, and in a straight line too.

richiek

Also, didn't see this posted anywhere, but besides helping Mark Ruffalo in his Hulk performance, Andy Serkis will have a role in Avengers 2.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/andy-serkis-variety-interview-1201246873/

You’re involved with both “The Avengers: Age of Ultron” and “Star Wars Episode VII.”

The Imaginarium is the performance capture consultant, and I’m playing a role (in both films). On ‘The Avengers,’ I’ve been working closely with Mark Ruffalo.

Will we actually see your face?

I’m not at liberty to mention. But it’s all the same to me. I’ve never drawn a distinction when playing a role, whether it be live action or performance capture. Acting is acting. It’s just basically what you wear to the set that’s different.

I hope that's the case.
IIRC, Rocket's first appearance was in The Incredible Hulk book, so it's not a huge stretch. Also works really well in giving the Guardians a reason to come to earth before Thanos attacks, or maybe they arrive on Earth with Hulk and Adam Warlock in tow to save the day.

Was gonna post the Hitfix thing, really big spoiler on the end there haha. Also
it's mentioned that the battle finally spills out of the virtual or something. wonder what that's about?

J10

Banned
Was gonna post the Hitfix thing, really big spoiler on the end there haha. Also
it's mentioned that the battle finally spills out of the virtual or something. wonder what that's about?

Ultron probably starts out as software before he gets a physical body.

J10

Banned
So is there going to be like Lawnmower Man/Shadow Run style internet battles? Is there a precedence for this in the comics?

Stuff like that happens, though not really with Ultron. Traditionally, he doesn't sit around in computers causing trouble like a virus or a hacker; a computer is more a place to bide his time until he can find a body. He likes the physical world, he just hates people.

This take on the character is probably gonna operate differently, given that his origin is being so heavily retooled due to Ant-Man not being involved. Whedon said he wanted the conflict to be personal and painful for the Avengers, so my guess is it'll go beyond punching and laser beams, at least at first. The main thing should be that Ultron is really fucked in the head with serious psych issues.

Remember that the
Banner going to space
seems to be true. The
Guardians crossover
is speculation, but very plausible.

Well they've repeatedly denied doing Planet Hulk outright... not that they'd probably tell us. But it just makes sense, there are no other cosmic characters introduced as of yet. And if Guardians of the Galaxy does well, I can't see it not happening.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Well they've repeatedly denied doing Planet Hulk outright... not that they'd probably tell us. But it just makes sense, there are no other cosmic characters introduced as of yet. And if Guardians of the Galaxy does well, I can't see it not happening.

It's pretty clever really, they can combine Hulk/GOTG to offset the risk of either franchise getting a true sequel. Hulk/Banner struggles as as a solo character, so hanging with the GOTG team means he keeps his ensemble momentum/secret weapon aura; and at the same, the GOTG crew get an Avengers 2 momentum boost for additional money made. Given the Iron Man 3/Captain America 2 profit boosts after The Avengers, it's a rather good strategy.

oZt0w5A.gif

Yes please. Oh my god yes please.

It's pretty clever really, they can combine Hulk/GOTG to offset the risk of either franchise getting a true sequel. Hulk/Banner struggles as as a solo character, so hanging with the GOTG team means he keeps his ensemble momentum/secret weapon aura; and at the same, the GOTG crew get an Avengers 2 momentum boost for additional money made. Given the Iron Man 3/Captain America 2 profit boosts after The Avengers, it's a rather good strategy.
It could also open up opportunities for more mini-team up films, which would be awesome. Especially as if the number of characters in use keeps increasing, it can keep interest up for multiple at once instead of having to wait years for each.

All of this doesn't sound too far off from that scenario I posted a while back.

The Avengers somehow get The Hulk of planet, he drifts till he gets to some unknown planet. He escapes the planet and ultimately meets The Guardians, who then give him a ride back to Earth. Which leads us right into Avengers 3.
just to summarize it all.

Showaddy

If Guardians is a success and
they do a frigging Hulk storyline with them as the sequel instead of Adam Warlock/Magus I swear I'm gonna kick Feige in the balls first chance I get.

TDLink

I would really rather that rumour not be true. I want to see more team up stuff outside of The Avengers, but I also don't want them to waste a Guardians of the Galaxy movie by being centered around an Avengers character. GotG need to be their own thing off in space until Thanos. There are so many great characters and stories that they can tackle without bringing The Avengers into it. Not all of the founding Guardians are even in this first movie. If GotG is enough of a success to have a sequel (which it should be), they really don't need to make this "synergy"-screaming move.

richiek

Ruffalo talks about Hulk's future:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/wh...-and-where-he-wants-to-take-the-hulk-20140701

You must be dying to make a stand-alone Hulk movie.

If we could find a story that's compelling enough to hold people's interest for the two hours -- that is essential. It's a tough nut to crack and I see it as a tough nut to crack. I think it's tougher than the other superheroes because you have a guy who essentially doesn't want to be there doing the thing that you want him to do more than anything. So it can be frustrating as an audience member. It could become a little mirthless. I think that Joss [Whedon] is trying to set it up enough so that we can strike out new ground on that relationship.With the new technology there's a lot to do in Hulk-land that we haven't done yet that is really exciting. So you could have a balance of the two. And I've been finding this relationship between Banner and the Hulk and Hulk and Banner is equally compelling -- it's been explored in the comics, but never in the movies. It's always been Banner's relationship to this sort of lump, this unknowable very two-dimensional thing. But there's also something really interesting about Hulk's relationship with Banner. The only thing that scares Hulk is Banner. It's not some bigger, scarier, huger thing -- it's this frail man. And it terrifies him and it angers him. It's such an interesting relationship that no one has cracked. I feel like that would be an interesting place for us to go. That might hold people's attention.

So if Marvel is doing some form of Planet Hulk, it won't be a straight adaptation, and will feature equal amounts of Banner and Hulk.

It certainly doesn't contradict the
Hulk meeting the Guardians rumor

How does the writer of that article not violate any NDA by pretty much telling us what happens at the end of the film?

Unless he was told that specific plot point at the recent AoU press set visit (which is likely under embargo until early next year), he's not under NDA about it. Now, whoever his source was, quite possibly, but good luck to Marvel finding out who.

Anyway, Devin Faraci thinks the rumor is legit, though any I suppose any such movie would be far enough off that plans could change, depending on GotG's box office.

Neoxon

I would really rather that rumour not be true. I want to see more team up stuff outside of The Avengers, but I also don't want them to waste a Guardians of the Galaxy movie by being centered around an Avengers character. GotG need to be their own thing off in space until Thanos. There are so many great characters and stories that they can tackle without bringing The Avengers into it. Not all of the founding Guardians are even in this first movie. If GotG is enough of a success to have a sequel (which it should be), they really don't need to make this "synergy"-screaming move.
This. I want Adam Warlock to come into play, him alone would make for a great sequel. Maybe throw Phyla-Vel, Moondragon, Jack Flag (there's your new Earth element right there), Mantis, & Bug into the mix, too.
Hell, give Cosmo a more prominent role.
A GotG sequel doesn't need Hulk.

The same thing was said would happen at the end of Iron Man 3 as well.
I smell something... hm what could it be...?

Really? Because I remember that rumor being much different than the one we're reading.

For starters, wasn't,
Iron Man supposed to be going into space to help the Guardians/Peter Quill instead of Banner getting blasted off - against his own will apparently - then basically getting a lift from the GoTG?

TDLink

Really? Because I remember that rumor being much different than the one we're reading.

For starters, wasn't,
Iron Man supposed to be going into space to help the Guardians/Peter Quill instead of Banner getting blasted off - against his own will apparently - then basically getting a lift from the GoTG?

The common thread is a rumour indicating an Avenger would go to space to interact with the GotG in a future film. It was bullshit then and I hope it is bullshit now. The GotG do not need The Avengers running around in their movies.

Showaddy

For starters, wasn't,

That "rumour" came about because Marvel shoehorned Iron Man into the new Guardians comic to boost sales and a load of journalists swore blind that Stark would be flying off into space at the end of IM3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom