• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaNaranja

Lastly, War Machine is confirmed for a cameo, but won't feature throughout the main storyline.
Nooooooo! Oh well, better then nothing.

Could this be when we finally hear Cap or Iron Man yell out the famous battle cry, "Avengers Assemble"? Perhaps, but that's just my speculation/hope.
I bet this is how they end either the Super Bowl spot or the second trailer (or both). I hope it is Cap who says it, preferably as he raises his shield.

War Machine featuring little makes sense; as a higher-up in the US military, and given everything that happens in Cap 2, the government would probably have his head for collaborating with an ungoverned group of "peace-keepers". When Ultron goes HAM, he'll be forced into action fighting for the military, probably.

Oh, and obviously he needs to be around so Ultron can jack his armour. :p

LaNaranja

Coulson is the last character I give a shit about appearing in a Marvel movie. He doesn't even have super powers or special abilities or a costume. Fuck that guy. Stay on TV.

He has his own gun named after him built from the remains of the Destroyer. And he has his own flying car. He is as much an Avenger as Hawkeye or Black Widow.

24418_original.gif

tumblr_n5jks4gevp1t0xz7jo8_250.gif

Or possibly the most likely scenario is that the Avengers will know he's back by the time AoU comes out. An entire 2nd season of SHIELD will have aired by that time and to build up the hype for Avengers 2, I wouldn't be shocked if Downey or Evans makes a little guest appearance near the end of the season to hype up the movie.

I assume the back half of season two will be all Age of Ultron prelude. With Stark being the new head of world security in the MCU I could see Downey making an appearance. They gave Sam Jackson a hefty role in Agents of Shield and that dude is mad busy. I could see Downey doing a smaller cameo as a favor to Whedon.

DoubleTap

War Machine featuring little makes sense; as a higher-up in the US military, and given everything that happens in Cap 2, the government would probably have his head for collaborating with an ungoverned group of "peace-keepers". When Ultron goes HAM, he'll be forced into action fighting for the military, probably.

Oh, and obviously he needs to be around so Ultron can jack his armour. :p

Of course it gets jacked. Pretty much what WarMachine is in the MCU for, getting stolen or hacked for use by someone other than Rhodey. It's ironic since the armor is stolen property to begin with.

There's no doubt in my mind that that status quo will be undone by the time Avengers 2 rolls around.

The tv series has to follow what happens in the movies, not vice versa. As far as movie watchers know, Coulson is dead and SHIELD is dismantled. They can't suddenly introduce back-to-life Phil Coulson, now director of a brand new SHIELD, in the movies without delving into some heavy backstory that no one has time for. So my guess is that by the time AoS concludes its second season, this new SHIELD will be gone as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if the show ends up building to Coulson dying again, just to maintain that "Coulson is dead" status within the movies.

The new SHIELD is starting small. It's not really that implausible that they could still be beneath the radar of Stark and the Avengers by the time AoU is in theaters, and thus wouldn't have to be acknowledged in the latter.

Maybe the resurgence of SHIELD is what the Black Widow movie will be about.... or Cap 3.
Maybe that will be when Coulson will make his cinematic return.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yep.

Go all the way, is already annoying thatt hey make Thor take off his helmet all the time that I dont even remember how he looks with it.

Thor doesn't wear the helmet because it's a fucking pain to deal with when filming. They've said this. And he looks fine without it. Hawkeye looks fine without that shitty-ass mask.

Shaanyboi

Banned
The reference is to Matt Fraction's current Hawkeye run. A lot of the scenarios start with Clint in the middle of some horrible shit, narrating "OK, this looks bad."

oh, shit, i'm reading that run right now. Okay that makes total sense, he's said that a ton of times. Haha.

Punjicide

Very excited to see more Hawkeye, and I'm glad to hear they're going to give him more screen time. I always felt Jeremy Renner was a good choice for Clint, but he just hasn't had enough to work with.

My problem with MCU Hawkeye is that they made him into kind of a personality-less "military badass" kind of guy rather than, well, Hawkguy. A lot of that has to do with the fact that the vast majority of his screentime has been as a mind-controlled Loki lackey, so hopefully they will give him some room to breathe and some good lines in Age of Ultron. It's one of the things that I am most looking forward to.

I completely agree, and I really hope that a fair amount of the humor that was mentioned by Whedon and the actors about the script is much more in line with how Clint is in the comics, especially Fraction's current run.

Calamari41

41 > 38
My problem with MCU Hawkeye is that they made him into kind of a personality-less "military badass" kind of guy rather than, well, Hawkguy. A lot of that has to do with the fact that the vast majority of his screentime has been as a mind-controlled Loki lackey, so hopefully they will give him some room to breathe and some good lines in Age of Ultron. It's one of the things that I am most looking forward to.

Well, Whedon said he was having fun writing Hawkeye. I don't think he would say that if he was just giving Hawkeye military badass lines. I'm pretty sure that means quips. Loads of quips.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Well, Whedon said he was having fun writing Hawkeye. I don't think he would say that if he was just giving Hawkeye military badass lines. I'm pretty sure that means quips. Loads of quips.

I would seriously be ok with Clint taking over Peter Parker's traditional role during his time with The Avengers. Smartass machine.

I would seriously be ok with Clint taking over Peter Parker's traditional role during his time with The Avengers. Smartass machine.

I think given Renner, we're probably going to get something like how he was in Hansel and Gretel. Now that was a pretty awful movie, so not the overall performance, but I'm thinking we'll get a sort of dry sarcastic sort of quip from him like he was there.

I think given Renner, we're probably going to get something like how he was in Hansel and Gretel. Now that was a pretty awful movie, so not the overall performance, but I'm thinking we'll get a sort of dry sarcastic sort of quip from him like he was there.
That movie was awesome! Knew exactly what it was.

inky

LOLs, I've never even watched the show. Someone posted a gif of that scene in another thread a while back.
And I had to make the joke ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom