• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Torn Epic

Neo Member
So proud to be subscribed to Witwix. Such a talented and entertaining streamer. Those troll deaths for the road were great.

Finalow

it's always amazing to see witwix playing that game, also never saw a 100% run before. iirc last year he just finished the game.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
is it just me or is this the worst setup of any GDQ event? There's so little screenspace for the actual game feed (more sponor logos than ever, and a dubious layout of the various elements that doesn't optimize real estate, like the GDQ logo and twitter hashtag taking up 1/12th or 1/16th of the window), and the game audio is so low compared to the mics.

Terrible technical work.

Blizzard

Banned
is it just me or is this the worst setup of any GDQ event? There's so little screenspace for the actual game feed (more sponor logos than ever, and a dubious layout of the various elements that doesn't optimize real estate, like the GDQ logo and twitter hashtag taking up 1/12th or 1/16th of the window), and the game audio is so low compared to the mics.

Terrible technical work.
I think someone else mentioned the audio mix has been the best of any GDQ.

There is a ton of space used for text and logos though.

I'm starving but a bunch of games are coming up that I don't want to miss.

First world problems so hard.

Looks like DKC2 is after Zelda. I wonder what problems they have for it to be moved all the time...

Earlier they mentioned there was an issue with somebody's flight, so it got pushed back.

Durante

Terrible technical work.
Also, whenever there's a race the color balance and sharpness is completely fucked for some of the players.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great event, but they really could do better on the technical side with just a bit more effort.

jett

D-Member
sadakoEye.jpg

Weetrick

I think they're beginning to ramp up the excitement level. Maybe they are reading the comments about this year being boring and sterile compared to previous years. Crowd cam is awesome!

Trying to make this thing happen with so many people present and watching must be a logistical nightmare. I think the stream/layout quality is great considering how often it has to be changed.

The sponsors have a damn good reason for being there too. I can't guess how much yetee alone has raised.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
About 3 hours ago. I think they got some feedback that things were getting a little stale.

It's a better idea than just dropping the stream or leaving it silent. They were losing mad viewers last night when the stream was resetting.

Top Bottom