• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Nydus

Yeah, it's been pretty shitty for a lot of people the whole time, I've heard. I've just kept it on high and it's been fine.

Watching via chromecaststick on a 55" tv and the quali seems to stay on source for most of the time. A liitle drop in quality is the worst that can happen since twitch via chromecast never stutters.

Edit: maybe because it uses html5 and not flash on chromecast?

jett

D-Member
Watching via chromecaststick on a 55" tv and the quali seems to stay on source for most of the time. A liitle drop in quality is the worst that can happen since twitch via chromecast never stutters.

Edit: maybe because it uses html5 and not flash on chromecast?

Nah, I'm grabbing the video stream directly and watching it on VLC, source is just no watchable right now. I have the suspicion that twitch allocates less bandwidth for non-American connections.

Grinchy

Banned
damn twitch, source quality be skippin

Yeah, it's been pretty shitty for a lot of people the whole time, I've heard. I've just kept it on high and it's been fine.

You guys might want to look into Livestreamer. You can actually use VLC to view the streams and the performance is WAY better. I can't even watch Twitch with Chrome because of the horrible performance. With VLC, I get perfect source streaming.

*edit- I was too slow. I haven't had any hiccups or anything lately

Shouta

Looking at the schedule, what's the prize column for?

I'm definitely gonna have this running for the rest of the time. Gonna be fun to see some of the games that are left.

Kadin

I take it the schedule is all thrown off? Just logged on to hopefully watch LoZ and I see Zelda 2 being played. :(

Pappasman

If anyone is going to donate you should consider putting your money towards the OoT blindfolded child dungeons.

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donate/12 (scroll to the bottom of the challenges and you'll see it)

"Runnerguy puts on a blindfold and beats all child dungeons and get the Ocarina."

You won't regret it. Runnerguy's blindfolded runs are amazing.

Top Bottom